DVDVR Message Board

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - 12/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Interesting that they're either doing a Sinister Five, or intentionally hiding a sixth villain. Theories abound that it's Dane Dehaan's Goblin, or Venom, or Mysterio, etc. Not a lot of options to choose from IF Dr. Strange is telling the truth about all of them "dying" in their universe fighting Spider-Man. I think he's lying, since Sandman didn't die at the end of the third movie. Or he's from a universe we've never seen (but I doubt that). Very interesting.

I love Ned, MJ and Peter dunking on Otto's real name. That's good shit.

I'm calling my shot: Andrew Garfield's Spidey saves MJ in that scaffold scene, and mentions his MJ dying and not letting it happen here.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Interesting that they're either doing a Sinister Five, or intentionally hiding a sixth villain. Theories abound that it's Dane Dehaan's Goblin, or Venom, or Mysterio, etc. Not a lot of options to choose from IF Dr. Strange is telling the truth about all of them "dying" in their universe fighting Spider-Man. I think he's lying, since Sandman didn't die at the end of the third movie. Or he's from a universe we've never seen (but I doubt that). Very interesting.

I love Ned, MJ and Peter dunking on Otto's real name. That's good shit.

I'm calling my shot: Andrew Garfield's Spidey saves MJ in that scaffold scene, and mentions his MJ dying and not letting it happen here.

Technically that was Gwen Stacy, but the idea is still solid.

And I think Dane Dehaan's Goblin is in this one since they show someone on a glider in a very fast cut but it isn't Norman.

Just now, roofiethebutcher said:

Technically that was Gwen Stacy, but the idea is still solid.

And I think Dane Dehaan's Goblin is in this one since they show someone on a glider in a very fast cut but it isn't Norman.

Good catch. I've only seen Garfield's Spidey movies maybe twice, and I didn't like them. I keep forgetting they cut MJ out of those movies.

People on Reddit are theorizing that the different Goblin, or whatever, is still Dafoe but in a new suit, without a helmet, for dialogue purposes. I'd rather it be Rhino if we need a third villain from those movies, instead of another Goblin, but it's fine if it is.

It'd be weird if Vulture wasn't in this, but I guess he was filming The Flash during all of this?

The last 10 seconds of the Brazilian trailer, specifically. Look at Lizard - he's getting punched by air. It's kind of obvious they removed Tobey & Andrew - especially if you follow leaks, you know that scaffold scene was leaked in the past few weeks and features them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roofiethebutcher said:

Yeah, 2:11 is very much a non-Dafoe Goblin. But gun to my head I wouldn't be able to remember what the Amazing Spiderman Goblin looked like.

Either way, it's not like we stuck with Tobey or Andrew's universes long enough to know that these guys don't die fighting Spiderman. And Foxx has changed, but we know from Loki that variants can look like one another, since we've seen multiple Hiddlestons. The nerds who are trying to make it all make sense to them in the context of the movies we've already seen should probably stop. 

In an ideal world we'd get Emma Stone as a rando Spider-Gwen variant to add to what should be some all-time-fun end-credits billing. But the fans didn't bother dreaming that big before Marvel decided the world needed a live-action Spider-verse, so no dice. ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Yeah, 2:11 is very much a non-Dafoe Goblin. But gun to my head I wouldn't be able to remember what the Amazing Spiderman Goblin looked like.

140501-fallon-goblin-tease_g7llnd

Personally, I think the "other" Goblin is just Dafoe with an upgrade like Doc Ock (and with a hood).

I'd still have preferred a smaller scale Spider-Man sequel to Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) with Kraven the Hunter sent out to capture Spider-Man after he was revealed as Peter Parker to what we're getting here. Cool seeing Alfred Molina back as Dr. Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus and Willem Dafoe's Norman Osborn/Green Goblin. Be nice for Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Peter Parker/Spider-Man to get better sendoffs than Spider-Man 3 (2007) and The Amazing Spider-Man (2014). Really hoping a certain rumour is true. I'm an Emma Stone fan and Spider-Gwen fan so it would be cool to see one, preferably both even if it's brief.

1 hour ago, Bustronaut said:

If the Berlantiverse Crisis taught us anything it's that if Maguire/Garfield show up it will only be as cameos for the end battle, not the rest of the movie.

Or in some brief scene where Ock is fighting Tobey Spidey when suddenly Ock gets pulled from his universe into the MCU.

People aging better now than in the past is a common talking point, but it’s worth noting that Molina and Michael Keaton are both roughly the same age as John Wayne was when he made The Shootist. Leaded gas and cigarettes are real motherfuckers. 

Edit: They also presumably haven’t shot a film on top of a nuclear fallout site either. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 4

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - 12/15/2021

I honestly do not get what's going on with that last post.  

Anywho, I was just reminded that this comes out on Wednesday the 15th for the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Mexico and Korea.   

I'd ask kindly that, even though it's a spoiler thread, that you keep big reveals/spoilers under the appropriate tag until Friday the 17th when the rest of the world gets it too. 

HealthyActualCaiman-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1