DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - Week 11

RIPPA

I became a NFL owner yesterday.  Less impressive than it sounds.  I bought a (very) few shares of the Green Bay Packers.

I'm assuming my four shares don't give me the power to have Aaron Rodgers relocated to a desert island, but it did give me the power to start asking friends, family, and coworkers to call me "Mr.".  So far, people are slow to comply.  Foresee myself having to start issuing heavy fines on December 1

I'm assuming I'll run this gag into the ground very quickly, but I'll get my money's worth out of it.  My office attire Friday will probably be a cowboy hat, boots, and a hideous powder blue suit that hopefully was out of style by 1979.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

One of our city's alderman proposed that Chicago look into buying the Bears so that they stay in Soldier Field.

No reporter who has had to read this on the news has done so with a straight face.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Its so cute that you think those shares have anything to do with control of the team. . . .

Nope.  Even if they did, the team sold 33,000 shares in three hours.  Fairly sure my four shares aren’t going to be swinging any votes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chaos said:

Thursday football is dumb when it comes to fantasy. I'm having to seriously examine if Patterson is available tonight so I can play him (better option than what I have as an alternative).

Kyler Murray is my fantasy starter,  and I picked up Matt Ryan last week and he got me .68 points. I saw that Matt Ryan was playing Thursday and decided I'd rather play what if with Kyler this weekend. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chaos said:

Thursday football is dumb when it comes to fantasy. I'm having to seriously examine if Patterson is available tonight so I can play him (better option than what I have as an alternative).

I'm so f'ed in one league that I had to pick up Mike Davis at the last second on Sunday, and then play him again yesterday. He's gotten me a whopping 3 points in 2 games.

I think Kyle Pitts will be the exception of the rule,  but the Falcons are now on the list with the Dolphins, Lions, Jets, Jags, and Texans for teams I just stay away from for fantasy for the foreseeable future. I don't know who any of those teams would have to draft and/or sign to change my mind, but I'm good on all of them. I picked up Justin Fields in case Kyler is out again,  and I can't say I feel good about having a Bears quarterback on my fantasy team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I think Kyle Pitts will be the exception of the rule,  but the Falcons are now on the list with the Dolphins, Lions, Jets, Jags, and Texans for teams I just stay away from for fantasy for the foreseeable future. I don't know who any of those teams would have to draft and/or sign to change my mind, but I'm good on all of them. I picked up Justin Fields in case Kyler is out again,  and I can't say I feel good about having a Bears quarterback on my fantasy team. 

I'd say Gesicki is a decent tight end to have if you get to where you missed on the top 6-7. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I'd say Gesicki is a decent tight end to have if you get to where you missed on the top 6-7. 

I had him last year and won my league,  so if agree with that. With that said,  TE isn't quite kicker or defense,  but if your tight end is your star player you either have Kelce or a terrible team. 

Amari Cooper has tested positive for COVID and most likely will miss the Cowboys next two games (since Dallas plays on Thanksgiving next week)

Meanwhile the Giants Logan Ryan tested positive and almost assuredly will miss the game against Tampa (there is the slightest chance he can play since the game is Monday)