DVDVR Message Board

FMW (1989-2002) and related feds (-Oct 2013)

Mookieghana

I did some poking around and came up with about a hundred Onita Pro/Battle Station Onita matches

Link just takes me to a site that requires a log in of some sort

Are those posted anywhere yet besides the pic on your twitter?

I will fixed the match link. My bad! It's just a list of the Onita Pro events that I located.

No, I haven't posted The big Japan results anywhere. I will probably make a web page tomorrow with them should that intrigue anyone.

FMW ran from 1989 to 2002, but the spirit lived on in many related companies.

If you're wanting to incorporate results from all the splinter groups, Onita pro was still running strong in 99, 00, 01, etc..

I noticed because you've got large gaps for Onita in the 00's during periods when he was still really active.

I know BAHU doesn't have them on his stie but results shouldn't be too hard to find i'd imagine.

I don't think this was suppose to be a "every former FMW wrestlers career total matches from 1989-2013." Then you would be including Gannosuke's IWA or Kanemura in W*ING which directly started up because of FMW like Onita Pro but was its competition. I never included the Onita Pro 99-01 stuff because it was in direct competition with FMW at the time.

No FMW TV back then and it was just a house show but I did scan this from a magazine a couple of years ago.

SpinksFunk893.jpg

Something incredibly short-sighted about running this at a house show that wasn't taped, as bad as the match probably was. They really left a ton of money on the table.

• Like 1

No FMW TV back then and it was just a house show but I did scan this from a magazine a couple of years ago.

SpinksFunk893.jpg

Something incredibly short-sighted about running this at a house show that wasn't taped, as bad as the match probably was. They really left a ton of money on the table.

Combing through Usenet archives revealed another Spinks mystery match sadly lost to the ages..

All World Wrestling 2/27/2000 Kenosha, WI

Playboy Bobby Star v. Adrian Lynch ... MIDGET MATCH: Pint of Dynamite v. Puppet ... Haystacks Ross v. Chris Curtis ... Golga v. Iraqi Assassin ... Doink the Clown v. California Surf Girls ... BOXER vs. WRESTLER: Leon Spinks v. Bastion Booger ... Tatanka v. Great Fujinaki ... MAIN EVENT: Public Enemy v. Southern Mississippi Militia

A review?

He worked bastion booger in worked boxing match. i think he won but he was drunk as the the sky is blue for the event.

FMW ran from 1989 to 2002, but the spirit lived on in many related companies.

If you're wanting to incorporate results from all the splinter groups, Onita pro was still running strong in 99, 00, 01, etc..

I noticed because you've got large gaps for Onita in the 00's during periods when he was still really active.

I know BAHU doesn't have them on his stie but results shouldn't be too hard to find i'd imagine.

I don't think this was suppose to be a "every former FMW wrestlers career total matches from 1989-2013." Then you would be including Gannosuke's IWA or Kanemura in W*ING which directly started up because of FMW like Onita Pro but was its competition. I never included the Onita Pro 99-01 stuff because it was in direct competition with FMW at the time.

I know, I just specifically meant for the Onita Pro & other FMW related shows that were taking place in that time frame. 

No, I haven't posted The big Japan results anywhere. I will probably make a web page tomorrow with them should that intrigue anyone. 

I def want to see. If nothing else just to find out how many hundreds of matches more Benki & Taniguchi will finish ahead in the biggest feud catagory then whoever comes in 2nd place. 

I def want to see. If nothing else just to find out how many hundreds of matches more Benki & Taniguchi will finish ahead in the biggest feud catagory then whoever comes in 2nd place.

I really only have comprehensive 2000-2013 stats BJW stats.  Cagematch has 1996-1997 but that leaves 1995/1998/1999 to be found.

I also threw together the start for IWA Japan 1994-1997 and W*ING 1991-1994.

Did you ever put up your BJW 00-13 page?

I really only have comprehensive 2000-2013 stats BJW stats.  Cagematch has 1996-1997 but that leaves 1995/1998/1999 to be found

1999 partial

http://bjwfans.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=bjw&thread=706&page=1#6905

http://bjwfans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=bjw&action=display&thread=697

Click on reults section and there's partial 1995

https://web.archive.org/web/20090130031356/http://bjwfans.com/main.html

used to be a lot easier to find this stuff in a lot more diffrent places....

even some of my other old sites I used to pull up via archive.org are no longer accesible....

Sweet

A few multiple identities that stand out

Jaki Numazawa & Naoki Numazawa = same person

Mr Big Japan was Ryuji Yamakawa under a mask, Seiji Yamakawa is the same person too

Isami Kodaka = isami

Men's Teioh = Terry Boy (He's a Terry Funk super fan)

HERO! is HARASHIMA under a mask, his original gimmick I believe, 

Milanito Collection a.t = Tsutomu Oosugi

Hercules Oosenga = Hercules Senga

Gosaku = Biomonster DNA

Makoto Oishi = Makato Oishi

He never appeared in BJW under that name & isn't on your list but just wanted to point out El Drunko was Spider Nate Webb doing a masked gimmick

also, you're missing atleast 1 BJW tour of 2004, maybe more in your results

Both Chris Hero & Delerious worked BJW around August/Sept that year but aren't on your list

Random things that surprised me

The NEO crew worked BJW way more then I thought, especially Genki

Didn't know Hisakatsu Oya worked there

Great Sasuke's wrestled there a lot less then I thought

Wonder who'll be on top for most matches between Abby Kobayashi, Taniguchi & Benki whenever you're able to include pre 2000 results as they were all around from the begining/early days

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I asked this in the omnibus thread, and was told the puro forum would be the place for it:

Does anyone have some good FMW match recommendations? I know I'm like 15 years late to the party on this one. I spoke with Dusty Finish and he said the mid-90s were the highlight, so I've been looking up a lot of that stuff on YouTube. I've also been easing myself in by watching stuff from names I know: Hayabusa, Terry Funk, Mr. Pogo, Tanaka, Awesome, etc.

I asked this in the omnibus thread, and was told the puro forum would be the place for it:

Does anyone have some good FMW match recommendations? I know I'm like 15 years late to the party on this one. I spoke with Dusty Finish and he said the mid-90s were the highlight, so I've been looking up a lot of that stuff on YouTube. I've also been easing myself in by watching stuff from names I know: Hayabusa, Terry Funk, Mr. Pogo, Tanaka, Awesome, etc.

http://fmwwrestling.us/FMW100.html

My personal favorites are the Kudo/Toyoda match that got #1 on the list, the Hayabusa/Tanaka vs Pogo/Funk tag from the same show and Onita vs Tenryu. Also loved Bull Nakano & Akira Hokuto v Combat Toyoda & Megumi Kudo from the list.

If you were looking for full shows that may contain multiple big matches, for many years their 5/5 shows were their big yearly events.  Kinda like their WrestleMania.  You can see the full cards here, some of the matches on these shows of course also line up with BAHU's top matches list.  

This is awesome, thanks a lot BAHU and Kevin. I'm going to definitely try to hunt down as many of those matches as I can. I was thinking about maybe writing some entries about my reactions to watching FMW on a consistent basis for the first time, but I dunno.

rzombie-- I actually recently watched that Hayabusa/Tanaka vs Pogo/Funk on YT! I was a huge fan of Tanaka's ECW stuff, and of course I love Funk, so I figured that would be a good place to start when I made the post in the omnibus thread. I also remember seeing a lot of Hayabusa on my buddy's older brother's tapes we would raid in middle school. That match is one of the most over the top things I have ever seen! I can't believe how crazy it was, especially went they went over the side and into the exploding board. Then immediately into another exploading board. The fire breathing stuff looked great on camera too. It all feels pretty irresponsible now, but shit, it was a different time.

• Like 1