DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2021 - WEEK TWELVE

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That LSU team was insane. Like legitimately probably the best college football team I've ever seen. And it came out of nowhere, sandwiched between years of talented but underachieving teams that couldn't find a QB or passing attack.

Joe Burrow put up better than Big XII numbers in the SEC.

Justin Jefferson and Ja'Marr Chase are pretty easily the two best receivers who came into the league in the last two years, it's just plain not fair to have them on the same team playing against college kids.  Then you have Clyde Edwards-Helaire putting up 1400 rushing yards and almost 500 yards receiving.  With Burrow at quarterback, that is about as good as a line up of skill position talent that has ever existed. 

With that said, Alabama at the same time had Najee Harris, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Henry Ruggs, and Tua before he hurt his hip...and somehow ended the season ranked 13th.  Justin Fields and JK Dobbins both put up Heisman numbers for Ohio State.  Jalen Hurts, who has to be the best college quarterback that no one wanted to be their quarterback, put up 3851 yards passing, 32 touchdowns, 8 INTs, 1298 Rushing and 20TDs(these are better numbers than Tim Tebow and Cam Newton's best seasons).  Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne were great, but at best they were the 5th best offense in the nation that year.  

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Cincy might actually have a chance of getting in.

Watch SMU's two garbage time TDs come back to bite them in the ass. You know some voter who didn't watch the game will be all "well, I wanted to like Cincy but they gave up those soft scores..."

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Watch SMU's two garbage time TDs come back to bite them in the ass. You know some voter who didn't watch the game will be all "well, I wanted to like Cincy but they gave up those soft scores..."

I give it a 50/50 chance Notre Dame jumps them in the final poll, especially if the AAC title game isn't a complete blow out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Troy has fired Chip Lindsey after 3 seasons

It was not a hire I was ever a fan of personally; however, it's an impossible task to continue the success that Blakeney and Brown had at the school. Finding the right hire is probably even more of a fool's errand in this current landscape.