DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Ice, Ice, Shenky - 11/12/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So, I guess Big E has to win Woods' crown back at the PPV?  

Also, I'm really not sure why they announced full teams and then just randomly kick people off them.  

Eh, this is more thought than they put into it.  

• Like 1

Woods/Reigns was fantastic. That was very much a perfect 15 minutes of professional wrestling — the undersized baby face on the roll of a lifetime getting some just deserts for his best friend by giving  the overconfident dominant big man heel all he can handle. Plus, they had some fun stakes with the whole “Bend the Knee” stuff. The only way that match was going to end was with some bullshit, and The USOs crowning Roman was such a great asshole touch. That was very enjoyable professional wrestling.

• Like 4

The six-women was good. Its the best Naomi has looked since she showed back up, and it was a great way to give Aliyah some shine.

Toni challenging Charlotte for the belt would work a lot better if Toni had more wins to her name. At the same time I ain't exactly going to say no to that match.

Woods/Roman was good and I serious hope we get a ppv rematch. Roman bending the knee at the end so the Usos could crown him was wonderfully dickish.

This is the most complete Smackdown has felt in a while. Typically its kind of carried by one or two big angles, but there was a bunch of smaller shit happening and pushing people forward. Hopefully it feels more like this in the future.

• Like 2

I was eating breakfast while watching highlights of the show this morning.  Did a spit-take when Charlotte called out Becky for being fake.  Fortunately, no one else was in the room at the time.  Lol, that's a pandora's box Charlotte probably shouldn't be opening.

I do wonder if the Charlotte-Becky animosity is real.  It seems like they might be playing it up for the cameras, if not manufacturing it entirely.   

2 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I was eating breakfast while watching highlights of the show this morning.  Did a spit-take when Charlotte called out Becky for being fake.  Fortunately, no one else was in the room at the time.  Lol, that's a pandora's box Charlotte probably shouldn't be opening.

I do wonder if the Charlotte-Becky animosity is real.  It seems like they might be playing it up for the cameras, if not manufacturing it entirely.   

I am in the camp that it is very much manufactured. Maybe that segment had some heat behind it. But my thinking is that they are leaning hard into the general feeling that Charlotte gets too much given to her. 

Becky works best if she has someone to defy. She blew up because of her situation with Charlotte. This feels like a big talk with a lot of people on “How do we make this happen again?” and a worked shoot angle is their best approach.

• Like 2