DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 55: Holloway vs. Rodríguez (11/13/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

FCFP0KTX0AA91Fk.jpg?1636264556

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 55: Holloway vs. Rodriguez
November 13, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Max Holloway (146) vs. Yair Rodríguez (145.5) - Holloway, DEC (unanimous)
Ben Rothwell (265) vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima (259) - Lima, TKO (punches), R1 (0:32)
Felicia Spencer (145.5) vs. Leah Letson (145) - Spencer, TKO (punches), R3 (4:25)
Miguel Baeza (170.5) vs. Khaos Williams (169) - Williams, TKO (punches), R3 (1:02)
Song Yadong (135.5) vs. Julio Arce (135.5) - Yadong, TKO (elbows and punches), R2 (1:35)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Thiago Moisés (155) vs. Joel Álvarez (157.5)** - Álvarez, TKO (strikes), R1 (3:01)
Cynthia Calvillo (126) vs. Andrea Lee (125.5) - Lee, TKO (corner retirement), R2 (5:00)
Sean Woodson (145.5) vs. Collin Anglin (146) - Woodson, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:30)
Cortney Casey (125) vs. Liana Jojua (128.5)* - Casey, DEC (unanimous)
Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Rafael Alves (155) - Alves, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (1:48)
Kennedy Nzechukwu (205) vs. Da Un Jung (204) - Jung, KO (standing elbow), R1 (3:04)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight    
**Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight    

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Andrea Lee
Performance of the Night: Khaos Williams
Fight of the Night: Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodríguez

• Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 55: Holloway vs. Rodríguez (11/13/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)
46 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Cortney Casey having a 9-9 record going into this fight has me wondering how many fighters are on the roster with a  50/50 record. 

Markos not getting her contract renewed lowered it by one.

• Sad 1

In other news the prelims want all the fight bonuses. 

16 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's rare in MMA let alone UFC to get a straight up boxing style corner retirement between rounds and it not specifically be injury related. Maybe more coaches and fighters should do that.

Agreed. She didn't have it today. Out classed on the feet. Couldn't secure the take down to make a difference. Probably struggling to breathe. She'll get more fights. It's not like she needs a 8 fight win streak in order to get a title shot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

In other news the prelims want all the fight bonuses. 

Agreed. She didn't have it today. Out classed on the feet. Couldn't secure the take down to make a difference. Probably struggling to breathe. She'll get more fights. It's not like she needs a 8 fight win streak in order to get a title shot.

I think that's great. I hate these "go out on your shield" mentality corners. I understand the fighter having a do or die mentality, but the corner should be the fail safe to protect them when they ain't got it. If you can't trust your corner to be honest with you and tell you when you're fucked, you need a new team.

• Like 1

Felicia Spencer was not fucking around. 

Ready for another hoss fight.

Max Holloway is my favorite fighter and every fight I get nervous that tonight is the night his chin finally gives out. 

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Felicia Spencer was not fucking around. 

Ready for another hoss fight.

Max Holloway is my favorite fighter and every fight I get nervous that tonight is the night his chin finally gives out. 

Felicia Spencer is in a tough spot. She's no way near the level of Amanda Nunes, but I think she is much better than roughly everyone above 135 not named Amanda Nunes other than Cyborg and Kayla Harrison.