DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/10/2021

The Natural

18 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Yeah, I was thinking the Pinnacle really ought to have won whichever match that would have ended the Inner circle while watching this.

I think it did its job in elevating Sammy and Santana and Ortiz to the AEW audience but now they’re background characters in a feud centered around a 51 year old Chris Jericho and Dan Lambert. Why?

Other than this and the women’s 6 man which was not very good but at least made Tay Conti look strong…I thought everything else on the show was pretty great.

Also, I think every AEW champion should sign his contract with his opponent’s blood in the future. That was awesome.

Sammy needs to break free, Santana and Ortiz too. Santana and Ortiz back into the tag team mix - Hagar is the only one who is orphaned in a sense. Jericho - big fan but he is really getting exposed as how well old, and now slow. The roster he helped form is so much stronger, and the young guys are maturing. the Covid hiatus and being in Daily's Place was like an extended training camp for AEW. All that time is now showing it's fruit. 

• Like 1

I get that the Inner Circle was originally Jericho's idea to help elevate Sammy, Ortiz and Santana but they don't need it anymore so hopefully they do indeed end the stable. I have no problem with the guys occasionally having each other's backs, but otherwise yeah, let everyone go out on their own and grow. Especially with Sammy, it feels like the TNT title has been forgotten since his big win.

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, killsteve said:

So the partner Omega could never live up to was Chuck Taylor, right?

He kept feeling really insecure, worried his moral fiber wasn't low enough.

5 hours ago, Log said:

My wife is the best and knows that I love watching AEW on wednesday nights.  She's always great about taking care of the kid stuff if it pushes into that time.

Same here!!!

Also, relationship advice shamelessly stolen from Reddit: "Find someone who talks about you the way JR talks about Wardlow."

JR low key shitting on the "four pillars" branding because Wardlow isn't one of them is certainly a thing.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

Good show with lots of great wrestling, random comments:

It’s wild seeing Rocky vs Danielson and looking how good both guys look when I was already watching this match 16 years ago on DVD. Where has time go wtf.

Really like the Snare Trap as JB’s finish and how he seems to put his entire body weight into his opponent, it’s like your little brother trying to choke you out.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Lio Rush but he was really winning me and the crowd over tonight with his crazy speed. Fun stuff. I like that we can tell he’s probably some type of piece of shit with his interest in Dante but at the same time his enthusiasm and pride when Dante wins feels genuine somehow, it goes against everything wrestling has taught me.

Please let this OC/Hardy feud end.

Pac vs Dax was manly stuff but I get annoyed anytime a top rope Brainbister doesn’t finish a match. How does that not finish any match ever? Loved the super quick tapout by Dax to avoid injury and then looking at Pac like come on bro let go.

My body is ready for Hangman, AEW World Champion, bad penmanship or not. The Callis reveal was great as I think we all bought him going away for good with all the Impact people.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 1

Oh, and the Bobby Fish thing... I wonder if this is also hedging their bets in case Nick can't go Saturday. On BTE he said he was hurt and wasn't sure he would be able to wrestle at Full Gear. Now they have someone they can plug in if needed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Settle down, allofusnetico. 

We laugh, butt very unfortunate hand placement by Rosa there.  Looks like me, when the puppy is about to miss the pad.  "NO NO NONONO!!!"

Edited by nate
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Did anybody mention the spot where it seemed like Tony finally got fed up with JR on air? I looked up at the (late) subs in time and he was saying something like "It isn't the '80s anymore, Jim. Shut up." It was right before one of the matches. 

My favorite part out of all this might've been Dan Lambert being a total shit. The wrestling was good enough but not really to my taste. Romero/Danielson was the best one of the night obviously but it still felt like Dragon vs. Lower-Tier NWO Black Member.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Did anybody mention the spot where it seemed like Tony finally got fed up with JR on air? I looked up at the (late) subs in time and he was saying something like "It isn't the '80s anymore, Jim. Shut up." It was right before one of the matches. 

JR made a dumb and crass joke about it being "Tony's girlfriends night when we go to Atlanta" or something along those lines, so it's not surprising Tony got mad considering that Tony's wife Lois and his girlfriend (who is a dentist) were probably both listening. 

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Love the reaction for Ruby in the post-show, I'm surprised in hindsight that she didn't have a match being in Indiana. 

One of my issues with AEW...in order to have Ruby wrestle on the show, they'd have to have more than women's match per Dynamite. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

One of my issues with AEW...in order to have Ruby wrestle on the show, they'd have to have more than women's match per Dynamite. 

Wasnt the rumor that Turner won’t let them have more than one women’s match per tv show?

35 minutes ago, Gordberg said:

JR made a dumb and crass joke about it being "Tony's girlfriends night when we go to Atlanta" or something along those lines, so it's not surprising Tony got mad considering that Tony's wife Lois and his girlfriend (who is a dentist) were probably both listening. 

One the very best stories of AEW is the re-emergence nationally of Tony Schiavone. If I had said 5 years ago we would have Tony Schiavone announcing pro wrestling on TNT again - well those were some really long odds. If you go back to the original podcasts that Tony was on he was really over wrestling, and in fact was pretty bitter. Tony was a fan first of JCP. I have enjoyed his podcasts for the most part, and he is re-energized. The whole story with him and Britt is actually been organic and real (and weirdly have him in a heels corner).

JR - I swear some nights he is on, and some nights he is ready to ride off in the sunset. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, just drew said:

Wasnt the rumor that Turner won’t let them have more than one women’s match per tv show?

It's very rare, but has happened 4 or 5 times out of 110 episodes of Dynamite. One's always a squash when there's two singles.

5/13/21: Shida vs. Rebel / Serena vs. Red Velvet
3/11/21: Jade v. Dani Jordyn / Thunder Rosa vs. Britt

3/3/21 (if you count Jade/Shaq v. Cody/Velvet) also had Nyla vs. Mizunami

12/18/19: Kong v. Miranda Alize / Statlander vs. Britt
12/4/19: Nyla vs. Leva / Shida vs. Statlander

• Like 2