DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 10

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Cam Newton is rumored to be meeting with the Panthers about a possible return.  

....I have spent the last couple hours waffling between "This is the best thing ever!" and "This is the worst thing that could ever happen..." and I'm not sure if I can choose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

....I have spent the last couple hours waffling between "This is the best thing ever!" and "This is the worst thing that could ever happen..." and I'm not sure if I can choose.

Cam is Auburn Jesus for getting a national championship, so I'm very forgiving on the subject. I'd like to see him do well in the league. The sole exception was with the Pats, but that's just 25+ years of being a Dolphins fan talking. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

I’m attempting to work while processing this news and basically going through the same mental process and I think my brain is about to break.

• Like 1

And unless he is fine being a career backup, Sam Darnold is never playing period.   Clearly it wasn't all Adam Gase

Also should I assume that Cam would have never thought of playing for Carolina again if Jerry Richardson was still running the team

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Why would Carolina pay Cam so much to play at most seven games when they are currently outside the playoffs and Cam wasn't particular good last year anyway. So confused. That Darnold experiment didn't last very long.

They're banking on a healthy Cam and sneaking in as a 7th seed with a 9-8 record. It's not an easy path if you look at what remains though. Especially having Tampa Twice and Buffalo once. 

• Like 1