DVDVR Message Board

Liv Through This - Raw - 11/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Glad to see MVP back. Lahsley destroying Dom for his spot was alright. That spear at the end was probably the best Lashley has hit in WWE.

I skipped KO/Rollins. Did see that Owens attacked E at the end. As much as I like Owens, I can't really say I find him super interesting at the moment so hopefully the turns changes things up for the better.

The 8-man tag was pretty decent.

The 5-way was solid. Hopefully Doudrop turning heel with the attack on Bianca leads to her going back to Piper Niven. Glad Liv won the match. Looking forward to seeing what she and Becky do together.

6 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Might have to put the belt back on Bobby or Seth soon.

Probably wouldn't help much if at all. The show just needs consistent better writing in general for a decent while before improvements in ratings happen.

• Like 1

WWE is just creatively lazy now.  The babyfaces barely get any shine and WWE seems to only have one kind of heel: asshole who antagonizes the audience.  There's really no difference character wise between Reigns, Charlotte, Seth, Corbin, Becky, Sheamus, etc.

13 hours ago, nofuture said:

WWE is just creatively lazy now.  The babyfaces barely get any shine and WWE seems to only have one kind of heel: asshole who antagonizes the audience.  There's really no difference character wise between Reigns, Charlotte, Seth, Corbin, Becky, Sheamus, etc.

That's been kind of a problem with WWE heels for a while. They're not actively bad, just annoying as piss for the most part. What does Seth Rollins do to make people hate him? Wear stupid outfits and cackle. What does Baron Corbin do to get heat? Have his annoying side kick tell stupid dad jokes. And when they do something bad, it's fairly dumb. Like Seth taking out Rey's eye.

• Like 1

Another thing people may have to accept is WWE will just mostly neglect Raw the B show form now on, and focus mostly on Smackdown which is the new flagship show. It was like this in reverse pre Fox SD, were they focused on Raw over SD back then. Pre Fox SD also had worse tv ratings before moving to Fox. 

It's been almost a year since Seth dropped the Messiah gimmick and I still don't know who his character is supposed to be.  Snidely Whiplash?  He cackles and strokes his beard a lot.

I do appreciate him at least trying to make the character memorable with wacky dancing and even goofier outfits, but a little bit of decent writing would go a long way with me.

• Haha 3

I got real bored so I was looking and discovered that before the nonsense on Monday - Reggie had held the 24/7 title for a record 112 day reign

Also 2/3rds of the 24/7 title reigns are either by R-Truth or folks who no longer wrestlers for the company/aren't wrestlers (I also expect this number to grow with the next round of cuts)