DVDVR Message Board

Aaron Rodgers Very Big Dumpster Fire Thread

hammerva

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didnt know until this week that Bradshaw had a reality show. 

I hate normal television and even I knew about that.

Twitter being Twitter now blames Shailene Woodley for Aaron Rodgers's bad behavior.

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Also that Terry Bradshaw is being paid off by BIG PHARMA.   Because I am sure that big wigs at Pfizer and Moderna know who the hell Terry Bradshaw is unless the corporation is based out of Pittsburgh

Well, one of the Johnson's in J&J does own the NY Jets.  So, yes, Bradshaw was clearly a paid stooge. 

Case close

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I hate normal television and even I knew about that.

Twitter being Twitter now blames Shailene Woodley for Aaron Rodgers's bad behavior.

Since I don't watch regular TV, I only found out on Peacock. 

Imagine the Blame Game if he was still dating Olivia Munn. 

Jorge Soler was a model for how to respond to testing positive for COVID while unvaccinated.

His method, if you forgot: test positive during the NLCS, say you regret not being vaccinated and you'll get vaccinated later due to this, don't say anything crazy, come back for the World Series and hit 3 big homers, win World Series MVP and most people forget that your absence during the NLCS could have went a lot worse for the Braves.

• Like 2

Assuming we get through this and things get back to something resembling normal. most of us won't remember who the vaccine holdouts were.  Particularly if you keep on throwing touchdowns and hitting homers.  The people who stick in our minds will be the doggedly crazy members of the congregation who don't when to just stop talking and "drop the mic".

Rodgers touting himself as a critical thinker right after he called Joe Rogan for medical advice and took a horse dewormer is unintentionally hilarious.  Not to mention insulting to actual critical thinkers and the other 200 million people who have gotten vaccinated in the US.

• Like 3

I am vaccinated, but I don't shame people who choose not to be. It's their body and choice. For me to bitch about it would be hypocritical. Everyone has reasons for doing it or not getting it. Issue I have is the same with anything in the NFL the golden boy will get a free pass. Rules are rules and he broke them and should be suspended the rest of the season. Bet you he won't be though. If this were Teddy Bridgewater he'd be out of the season. If this were Sam Darnold he'd be benched, Kirk Cousins benched for the year.  But nope, Aaron will continue to play and will somehow have his redemption story in the Super Bowl. NFL loves a good Hollywood ending. 

• Like 1

I don't shame people for not being vaxxed but I do shame and judge people that take horse drugs instead or call a moron comedian for health advice. If he had just put out a statement confirming he wasn't vaxxed and it was a personal decision, he'd be getting a lot less flack right now, he did this to himself.

• Like 5

Reading through that quickly, Rodgers clearly lives in a bubble.  No one within that bubble will (pardon the mixing of metaphors) tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes.  

"He's upset," the insider adds. "He's very unhappy with the response to him."

LOL this guy really expected to be heralded as a angel of truth.   

One very, very underrated thing in this, is McAfee conducted a genius interview.  He knew Rodgers was coming on to state his bullshit and rather than call him out on it, he just let him hang himself with his own idiocy.  Bravo. 

• Like 7

I think you have to be rather naive to think you can just shout anti-vaxxer messages into a crowd and expect to get broad support.  Approx. 80% of Americans over the age of 12 have gotten at least one shot.  There's a sizable anti-vax contingent out there, but it's dwarfed by the pro-vax folks and the folks who have misgivings but have come to accept it.  Unless it's a meeting of your fellow cro-magnons, it seems realistic to think you're going to get a fair share of pushback.  Even a lot of anti-vaxxers probably broadly support Rodgers holding out, but dislike the way he flaunted rules.

I don't think Rodgers is naive, but he does seem like someone who has started believing his own press releases, as the expression goes, and thinks his opinions are more important to the rest of us than they actually are.

14 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I am vaccinated, but I don't shame people who choose not to be. It's their body and choice. 

I mean. freedom of choice has never been absolute.  If that was the case, Henry Rugg's attorney would be getting ready to go to court & argue that Ruggs was just exercising his god-given right to drink to excess and drive recklessly.  Did the crash victim interfere with his freedom to choose when she didn;t get out of his way fast enough?  There have always been laws and vaccine mandates limiting your personal freedom when it potentially harms others or disrupts business.  I mean, you  aren't even really free to abuse your own body when pregnant, which is the ultimate "my body, my choice" scenario.  You're free to drink, smoke, do drugs, play contact sports, etc. while pregnant, but doing so may well result in the government taking the baby out of your care after birth.

Covid needs to be framed as a public health crisis where getting vaccinated benefits everybody.  Instead, it's turned into a political referendum on freedom of choice vs. government oversight, not to mention a war on science.  So stupid.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 4

Of course he can’t believe there’s pushback. We’re talking about people who’ve created the silent majority fantasy to justify how public policy that speaks to their narrow and often stupid way of thinking is the status quo despite being broadly unpopular. They have to believe that their ideas are secretly how most people think and that resistance to them is due to a vast conspiracy of influence. 

I can’t totally blame anti-vaxxers. Ultimately if the US government was more than an unreliable network of Ponzi schemes that no one seriously believes in there would have never been enough skepticism of the vaccine to put us here. 

• Like 3

A friend of mine who is a born and bred Wisconsinite (president of the Austin branch of the Badgers Alumni when he still lived here) has started to refer to him as QAaron, which is cracking me up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I think you have to be rather naive to think you can just shout anti-vaxxer messages into a crowd and expect to get broad support.  Approx. 80% of Americans over the age of 12 have gotten at least one shot.  There's a sizable anti-vax contingent out there, but it's dwarfed by the pro-vax folks and the folks who have misgivings but have come to accept it.  Unless it's a meeting of your fellow cro-magnons, it seems realistic to think you're going to get a fair share of pushback.  Even a lot of anti-vaxxers probably broadly support Rodgers holding out, but dislike the way he flaunted rules.

I don't think Rodgers is naive, but he does seem like someone who has started believing his own press releases, as the expression goes, and thinks his opinions are more important to the rest of us than they actually are.

I mean. freedom of choice has never been absolute.  If that was the case, Henry Rugg's attorney would be getting ready to go to court & argue that Ruggs was just exercising his god-given right to drink to excess and drive recklessly.  Did the crash victim interfere with his freedom to choose when she didn;t get out of his way fast enough?  There have always been laws and vaccine mandates limiting your personal freedom when it potentially harms others or disrupts business.  I mean, you  aren't even really free to abuse your own body when pregnant, which is the ultimate "my body, my choice" scenario.  You're free to drink, smoke, do drugs, play contact sports, etc. while pregnant, but doing so may well result in the government taking the baby out of your care after birth.

Covid needs to be framed as a public health crisis where getting vaccinated benefits everybody.  Instead, it's turned into a political referendum on freedom of choice vs. government oversight, not to mention a war on science.  So stupid.

Years ago I worked with a girl who was seemingly smart, good at her job, beautiful. She was pregnant and I saw her outside every day on her break smoking. Never made sense to me how someone could selfishly chance causing harm to their unborn child. Thankfully the kid turned out fine but people do crazy things.  And you almost nailed it. It's not just Covid that's turned political. People have fucking turned any and everything into politics. Went to a college game Saturday (WVU-Oklahoma St)  and kids were chanting "lets go Brandon" I asked one if they knew what it meant and he says "yeah fuck Joe Biden"  sad times indeed.