DVDVR Message Board

Aaron Rodgers Very Big Dumpster Fire Thread

hammerva

This is glorious. Like, what a way to out yourself as a smooth brained idiot.

Even the dumbest, orangest person would say, "Holy shit, listen to the nonsense coming from this guy."

• Haha 4

Remember kids,  shutting the fuck up is free. It can't cost you anything,  but with proper application,  it can buy you a lot. Aaron Rodgers could have gone down in history as an all time great quarterback who was a little quirky... now he's this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am starting to think we are seeing the real reason he wasn't offered the Jeopardy gig

I'm guessing it had to do with him being a doctor and Blossom being very upset about it:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We're all just part of that damn woke mob trying to cancel him with a witch hunt! He's right, he is just like MLK.

This is my public service announcement for all my Caucasian friends, never compare yourself to MLK. I don't care how much you think you're being persecuted. Honestly,  there is not a damn thing going on in your life that is comprable to what MLK went through. When you think you're feeling a little MLKish, I'd invite you to take my previous bit of advice and shut the fuck up. 

• Like 14

Aaron Rodgers has always come off very smug to me. I don't remember who South Park was spoofing when they did they whole love the smell of your own farts episode. But that is so Aaron Rodgers, that's how I've always pictured him. And now projecting that smugness into a persecution complex comparing himself to a civil rights leader fighting violent ugly racism is the last straw. Like shithead, you're not being beaten or attacked by dogs. No one is turning a fire hose on you. No one is going to assassinate you. You're not 1/10,000th the man MLK was. You're just an entitled dumb dumb that thinks randos on Facebook are smarter than the world's smartest scientists.

You're an idiot. A smug arrogant idiot. But still an idiot.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 5

For a guy who did really well not talking about shit to the media in order to get his way - he really fucked this one up. I feel like this would've been over in a few days and people would've just thought he was just weird if he'd just shut up.

So this is great.

• Like 2

Nothing like getting to watch a QB you now actively dislike front the team you like when he comes back. This should be interesting. I assume the fans give him a standing ovation in Lambeau because we're idiots.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

For a guy who did really well not talking about shit to the media in order to get his way - he really fucked this one up. I feel like this would've been over in a few days and people would've just thought he was just weird if he'd just shut up.

So this is great.

200.gif

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

So this is great.

"I was experiencing COVID delirium during that interview" isn't really a path since he's going all-in on various alternative treatments.

The Marshawn approach of not saying anything is a winning path for anybody at risk of making things worse for themselves by talking.

The NFL is certainly loving the possibility that this whole thing is gonna make it seem like unvaccinated Superstars aren't held to the protocols. Basically this whole thing could have went on all season if Rodgers never popped a positive test for Covid

A nugget I had missed - taken from ESPN's story

The Packers and the NFL have been aware of Rodgers' status since shortly after he reported for training camp in July. He said he believed he would win the appeal until, according to him, one of the doctors involved in his appeal said: "It's impossible for a vaccinated person to get COVID or spread COVID."

However, a league source said no doctor from the league or the jointly agreed upon infectious disease consultants ever communicated with Rodgers. The NFL received an inquiry in mid-August from the Packers medical staff on behalf of a player seeking to be considered fully vaccinated after undergoing an alternate treatment, a source said. The name of the player seeking the exemption was never provided, making it anonymous. The NFL Players Association was told that the league doctor would be available for further discussion with the player, but the doctor was never contacted, sources said.

"At that point, I knew that I was definitely not going to win the appeal, and it was very shortly thereafter denied," Rodgers said. "And we know now that information is totally false that was given to me."

At some point, a good part of our country decided that they had no reason to acknowledge that there is a difference between smart and stupid.  This dumbass got in front of a microphone and told the world that he'd rather listen to Joe Rogan, who is a stand up comedian not a doctor, over a doctor who is a doctor and not a stand up comedian.  The worst part, he actually believes that it was the right decision.

• Like 3

I snickered my way through Rodger's interview to the point that my wife thought I was having a medical issue and kept asking me if I felt ok.  

I might - stress the word "might" - be inclined to give some credence to the allergy explanation if he had bothered to say that at some point earlier in the season or sometime Tuesday when the story broke (edit: story broke on Wed, not Tuesday).  He could very easily have explained that in a tweet.  I'm usually skeptical of simple, obvious explanations when it takes you three days to come up with that simple, obvious explanation.

Sigh.  My college-age niece is dating the son of a chiropractor and, you guessed it, the whole family are anti-vaxxers who think you can cure cancer with appt. at his office.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

Someone needs to explain to me the logic of never getting a vaccination or taking a drug when you're ill - but taking a horse drug when you test positive for Covid.  I mean, wtf?  I can't figure out how that makes sense even if you're a looney pseudo-science guy.   I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly sure veterinary drugs still fall under the umbrella of modern medicine.   It's not more natural to drug your horse than it to drug your kids.

If I'm Roger Godell, I'm suspending this clown for the remainder of the season, then praying he retires.  Or, more likely, doing what I can to ensure he retires.

• Like 1