DVDVR Message Board

Aaron Rodgers Very Big Dumpster Fire Thread

hammerva

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I try not to pay attention to athlete's lives because like any celebrity they will probably let you down by saying or doing something stupid.

I've always thought it's fairly dim to have expectations of people just because they're on tv.  I know almost nothing about Rodgers except he plays pro football and dates celebrities.  I don't really feel like that's enough info to make any value judgments on who Rodgers is as a person, much less consider him as a role model.

As much as I dislike anti-vaxxers, Rodgers is entitled to his opinion and doesn't need my approval (unfortunately).  The word games are just too "cute" though.   Rodgers defense is that, when he was asked publicly if he was vaccinated, he said he was immunized.  Yeah, dude, you want to have a controversial opinion, at least be willing to stand behind it.  I'd like to think I'm fairly clever too, but I outgrew my interest in semantics at least by the time I graduated college, probably well before that.  

Packers say Rodgers followed protocols for unvaccinated around team, but not around media apparently.  I hope they have a better explanation than that when NFL comes asking.  

Edited by Eoae

12 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Packers say Rodgers followed protocols for unvaccinated around team, but not around media apparently.  I hope they have a better explanation than that when NFL comes asking.  

The only way this can possibly be true is if he never comes in close contact with any of the wide receivers who were out last week. Allen Lazard missed last week because he had close contact with the two receivers who tested positive,  not because he tested positive. Maybe they tested positive after a day with position meetings and no practice, but if they practiced he should have been out too.

• Like 1

It's not exactly news that Rodgers is a tool.  His family seems to be pretty normal but he's not on speaking terms with them*, his first day as a Packer he greeted Brett Favre with "What's up, grandpa?" and then proceeded to make everyone on the team hate him.  You don't EVER hear positive things about him as a person except from the women he's dating.  Former teammates like Greg Jennings rip him.  And so on.  Rodgers using some essential oils alternative thing and not following protocols just seems like par for the course.

* - obviously, this by itself is evidence of nothing.  It could be that his family are a bunch of monsters.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

The NFL finally got around to putting out a statement that they will be investigating Green Bay for possible violations of the COVID protocol 

As mentioned by many - there is video proof of Rodgers being maskless on the sidelines of all the preseason games which is a violation and already blows holes  in Green Bay’s statement 

• Like 3

Rodgers is a far leftie goof that went to Berkley. He came from a very conservative area and most reports have his family being that way, so I can see them just not getting along on basic principles. It's not really important in the long run if dufus can throw a ball, but he's directly impacting other people's health in the process by doing what he does around the team.

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Rodgers is a far leftie goof that went to Berkley. He came from a very conservative area and most reports have his family being that way, so I can see them just not getting along on basic principles. It's not really important in the long run if dufus can throw a ball, but he's directly impacting other people's health in the process by doing what he does around the team.

This...

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I've always thought it's fairly dim to have expectations of people just because they're on tv.  I know almost nothing about Rodgers except he plays pro football and dates celebrities.  I don't really feel like that's enough info to make any value judgments on who Rodgers is as a person, much less consider him as a role model

Never had high expectations of him beyond just being a decent human being and not a fool and he sure as hell isn't a role model, he's just the QB for a team I've rooted for most of my life and I would hope he wouldn't turn out to be an idiot in public like the last QB we had.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Never had high expectations of him beyond just being a decent human being and not a fool and he sure as hell isn't a role model, he's just the QB for a team I've rooted for most of my life and I would hope he wouldn't turn out to be an idiot in public like the last QB we had.

I can relate.  I'm a Steeler's fan.  I root for Ben Roethlisberger for three hours on Sundays and would have no qualms voting him into the Hall of Fame.  But, realistically, Ben Roethlisberger was most likely either a sex pest or a rapist in his younger days.  I wouldn't want him to meet my daughters.

As someone that's listened to smart people shit on his team's QB for not being vaccinated for about six months now. . .

At least Kirk Cousins didn't straight-up lie about his status and has been following all the protocols he's supposed to all this time.

I mean, I still wish he'd get it, but he's not going to so whatever.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gonzo said:

As someone that's listened to smart people shit on his team's QB for not being vaccinated for about six months now. . .

At least Kirk Cousins didn't straight-up lie about his status and has been following all the protocols he's supposed to all this time.

I mean, I still wish he'd get it, but he's not going to so whatever.

This is the part that makes Rodgers look like s complete fucking tool. Say what you want about Cousins, Beasley, Bradley Beal, Kyrie, etc., at least they were honest about it. He was asked directly if he was vaccinated and he responded,  "yes,  I've been immunized," which is a bald headed,  bold faced, lie. 

• Like 3

I am sure that Rodgers will say he didn't lie about being immunized for COVID.  They problem is that what he considers immunized is some hocus pocus stuff that probably doesn't hold the sniff test on to handle a virus that has killed over 500,000 people.  The best example of this was Pablo Torre on one of the ESPN youtube shows saying something like "this would be like someone saying "Yeah I am educated" when asked if you go to this college"  

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am sure that Rodgers will say he didn't lie about being immunized for COVID.  They problem is that what he considers immunized is some hocus pocus stuff that probably doesn't hold the sniff test on to handle a virus that has killed over 500,000 people.  The best example of this was Pablo Torre on one of the ESPN youtube shows saying something like "this would be like someone saying "Yeah I am educated" when asked if you go to this college"  

The number is now over 750,000 in the United States and 5,000,000 worldwide. 1995 was the deadliest year in the AIDS epidemic,  about 50,000 died that year. We disrespect the hell out of this disease. 

• Like 5

The other option is, of course, he may have had a case of Covid over the summer, and just didn't tell any of the team doctors.  Which is also going to be a BIG no no when it comes to the investigation.  

If Aaron wanted an off-ramp with the Packers...  well, let's just say the GPS just gave him the heads up that it's coming. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The other option is, of course, he may have had a case of Covid over the summer, and just didn't tell any of the team doctors.  Which is also going to be a BIG no no when it comes to the investigation.  

If Aaron wanted an off-ramp with the Packers...  well, let's just say the GPS just gave him the heads up that it's coming. 

If they want to keep him,  this ain't going to be what gets him out of there. You don't find all time great quarterbacks hanging out at the 7-Eleven. If he leaves,  it's because he wants to go,  not because they don't want him back. 

• Like 1

From the story

To recap: The Packers are, according to LaFleur, following rules in their football facility outside of the media room, which he seemingly doesn’t care about. Why doesn’t he care? The league has never contacted the team and told them they were in violation of protocol for allowing Rodgers to do indoor media availability maskless. With other unvaccinated players, like Chicago’s David Montgomery and Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins, doing similar, you can imagine why a team would think they can get away with the decision.

But now eyes are on the NFL and we know how they react when the pressure gets turned up. It will be interesting to see if the Packers will be singled out in their violations of the protocol or if the rest of the league will be held to the same standard for prior actions, too. It will also be tough for the league to make the case that the NFL didn’t know teams were violating protocol when their television network, social accounts, and website(s) were posting press conference videos of these protocol violations all season.

This, again, could all have been avoided if the Packers simply allowed for Rodgers’ media availability to go through Zoom, as they have for unvaccinated receiver Allen Lazard this season. The motivations for not outing Rodgers as an unvaccinated aren’t clear, but covering for his “immunization” has reached a boiling point where both the team and Rodgers could face punishment for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

If they want to keep him,  this ain't going to be what gets him out of there. You don't find all time great quarterbacks hanging out at the 7-Eleven. If he leaves,  it's because he wants to go,  not because they don't want him back. 

Hey, maybe he likes hanging out at the Circle K! He does like John Wick...

• Like 1

Someone fairly high up believes "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission" with a virus that's killed nearly 3/4 of a million Americans.  The Shield needs to drop the hammer hard on them, otherwise all of these protocols are completely meaningless.  

• Like 9

Eh - I am not so ready to just absolve the NFL itself for plenty of the problems at play here

They kicked the cans to the teams and said "you enforce it" and then did no systematic checks to ensure that their rules where being enforced.

As per usual - it was only after a high profile violation occurred are they now pretending to care. And I am positive they will only punish Green Bay and check no other teams

And, again, there are multiple stories out there that teams basically are taking the word of players/agents and not even checking vaccine cards. I mean for fucks sake. At least force the dudes to go out and spend some cash on a fake card.

Nope - as per usual - NOT THE LEAGUE'S FAULT~!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And, again, there are multiple stories out there that teams basically are taking the word of players/agents and not even checking vaccine cards. I mean for fucks sake. At least force the dudes to go out and spend some cash on a fake card.

I'd be willing to bet that no one ever actually checked to see if he was vaccinated after his,  "yes,  I'm immunized." So many people have been so brazen about not being vaccinated,  that is almost brilliant that he told such an easy lie to trick everyone into believing he was. Everyone was so busy being loud,  they didn't notice the one person (we hope) who was being quiet. 

• Like 1