DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 11/05/2021

I enjoyed this but, with the exception of the incredible Kingston-Punk segment, wasn't blown away by anything.

I wish I knew what the Acclaimed diss rap was about. The match was very solid and would have been the best match on a lot of programs, but by the recent AEW standards (especially Danielson), it wasn't special. I'm in the crowd of Danielson being neither a face nor a hell, but just someone who wants to beat whoever he is wrestling and eventually get a belt.

I've been tired of Punk talking about that segment was amazing and the kind of thing that sells PPVs. I really don't know much about either of their pasts, nor how much of what was said was true, but they absolutely convinced me that they are nitro and glycerine and set right fit to blow up.

The women's match was pretty pedestrian. I love The Bunny, I can't help myself. I forgot that she is technically in the Hardy group. Also what happened to The Butcher and The Blade?

Excited for more Dante Martin on my TV next week.

Main event was very good. Like many others, I don't like Adam Cole the wrestler, which is good because it means he's really killing the smarmy cocky heel. I still don't know much about Dark Order (tried to read up on it and it still didn't make much sense) but my exposure to the last couple of months of AEW has been of them as something of comedy tweeners. I was convinced a couple of times that Silver was going to win, and there were some great spots and overall good storytelling. Sometimes, that's all you need.

Aw man, CM Punk name drops the city he's in for a cheap pop like 4-5 times while smugly shit talking Kingston and you realize he's doing "heel who thinks he's a babyface" better than that other guy in the company who is ostensibly doing the same bit.

Speaking of that guy, it's funny how Kingston is the most Dusty guy in a company that employs both of Dusty's kids.  I mean "Dusty guy" in terms of the Dusty character, not the real person, backstage manipulator type.  ?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Also what happened to The Butcher and The Blade?

Butcher is still around and walked out with Bunny on her recent Dark match.  But Blade said he's been having anxiety issues (among other things) and had to take some time off.  Hopefully it won't be long before he's back.

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I wish I knew what the Acclaimed diss rap was about.

Not sure how much you know but Danielson's father-in-law is Johnny Ace.  So that's why that last line was in there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Butcher is still around and walked out with Bunny on her recent Dark match.  But Blade said he's been having anxiety issues (among other things) and had to take some time off.  Hopefully it won't be long before he's back.

Not sure how much you know but Danielson's father-in-law is Johnny Ace.  So that's why that last line was in there.

Thanks! I know Danielson is with one of the Bellas (or was?) but wasn't aware that Johnny Ace was involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Thanks! I know Danielson is with one of the Bellas (or was?) but wasn't aware that Johnny Ace was involved.

Yes, he is married to the Bellas' mom. I'd love to hear the wrestling discussions between Bryan and Ace, cause their visions of wrestling are diametrically opposite of each other.

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

Also what happened to The Butcher and The Blade?

They filmed a match for Dark Elevation prior to Dynamite this week.

It took me a minute to get Caster's last line too. I was like "Vince? No... Cena? That's not right... Oh yeah Brie's mom is married to Laurinitis isn't she. What an odd connection."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Aw man, CM Punk name drops the city he's in for a cheap pop like 4-5 times while smugly shit talking Kingston and you realize he's doing "heel who thinks he's a babyface" better than that other guy in the company who is ostensibly doing the same bit.

LOL. And can you believe he's not constantly doing interviews telling us how brilliant he is at doing it too. How are we to ever know about his 4D chess playing capabilities? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

LOL. And can you believe he's not constantly doing interviews telling us how brilliant he is at doing it too. How are we to ever know about his 4D chess playing capabilities? 

I need a Cody/Punk feud where the combined smugness and fan confusion over what the fuck is going on just rips a hole in the fabric of space and time. 

• Haha 5

South Park smug clouds converging upon each other. Can't wait. I'm excited for Cody to mix it up with top people like he's been doing. 

Do we ever see QT Marshall on AEW TV again (not counting YouTube)? What about the Big Show/Gunn Club feud? I haven't been watching Dark/Elevation the last two or three weeks. Has that been brought up on there?

I’m imagining Cody sitting criss cross on the ramp with a mic after leaving Punk laying in the ring, looking at the audience to make sure they understand exactly what he’s doing, and all of the DMT my brain is saving for when I die is being released. 

• Haha 5