DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 11/05/2021

As mentioned, Bowens looked really fucking good tonight. Some of that is because of his opponent, of course, but he definitely didn't look out of place against such an established and legendary wrestler.

John Silver fucking rules. I hope to see him get a run with the TNT belt someday. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 6

Every time they run a live Rampage it’s great. 

Loved the promo segment. Loved that Punk got booed in spots. I think we are closer to the full on heel run than many realize. Not as much for Punk to do as a face especially if Kenny is going to take some time off. Punk has always been slightly out of place as a face even in this return tour. The man was born to be a prick on the mic.

Danielson gave a little too much for my liking in that opener, but I dug the ending. 

I also thought Silver was going to pull out the win. A testament to Cole selling the chair shot from Wednesday I suppose. They really do need to give Silver more singles work. Great match. Truly haven’t watched much of a Adam Cole before this run. Didn’t see the appeal at first but he is growing on me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

I would run into a burning building to save Eddie Kingston. That dude is so great. ? Heart of AEW.

I would keep you in that burning building to save CM Punk. The soul of AEW.

Did we just become enemies?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Definitely interesting that Danielson and Punk are kinda dicks/heelish. It makes sense to build up the crowd support for Kingston who should be fighting from underneath against both guys and is naturally hella sympathetic, wearing his emotions on his sleeve.

• Like 1

I don't see it the way you do, because I think Kingston is showing way more overt heel mannerisms than anything that's perceived about Danielson right now - but I do think we're headed for an eventual Danielson/Punk vs Kingston/Homicide match. Hopefully, anyway.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Man, punk called him a bum and admitted what Eddie said people in roh were saying about him. That was pretty fucking low. 

Kingston tried to make it sound like Punk leaving WWE and quitting for 7 years was a bad thing, when Kingston knows exactly what it's like to have the passion and drive sucked out of you - since he was going to retire a few years ago, y'know.

Punk admitted to what Kingston said, but that was also shit that was 15+ years ago. That's petty as fuck for Eddie to hold onto that, and everyone mentioned back then was... what, in their early 20s? Everyone has matured and grown... except for Eddie Kingston. Maybe a bum is too harsh of a word, but he's clearly scared to be alone, since he latches onto people like Homicide, Lucha Bros or Jon Moxley.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Kingston tried to make it sound like Punk leaving WWE and quitting for 7 years was a bad thing, when Kingston knows exactly what it's like to have the passion and drive sucked out of you - since he was going to retire a few years ago, y'know.

Punk admitted to what Kingston said, but that was also shit that was 15+ years ago. That's petty as fuck for Eddie to hold onto that, and everyone mentioned back then was... what, in their early 20s? Everyone has matured and grown... except for Eddie Kingston. Maybe a bum is too harsh of a word, but he's clearly scared to be alone, since he latches onto people like Homicide, Lucha Bros or Jon Moxley.

CM Punk is still proud to be called 'C.M. Punk' ... I don't see how that dude has matured and grown.

Kingston's not all ego, that's why he has bros in the business.

24 minutes ago, Horatio said:

CM Punk is still proud to be called 'C.M. Punk' ... I don't see how that dude has matured and grown.

Are we pretending that Kingston doesn't like to be called by his fake name too?

Loved the Punk-Kingston face off. They do this thing where they shout over each other a few times which feels so much more authentic than the usual slow pace of your turn my turn style of wrestling promos.

I can see both sides of the argument but I feel Eddie is the more sympathetic figure in this scenario. I hope he can go over Punk as he really needs to win one day.

Main event was awesome fun with goofy Johnny Hungee in full force, I laughed at him mouthing Mark Henry’s main event catchphrase. I was surprised he didn’t win after the low blow but Adam Cole is at the top tier of overkill kick outs so it’s understandable that he would be the one person that survives this. Finish felt pretty desperate too and overall both guys looked great.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

The Will Ferrell comedy stuff Silver relies on I think has worn thin for me and from what I've seen quite a few people. He's obviously very good in the ring, could probably do with slowing a few things down and getting more out of his impressive offense, but I do feel like the cutesy comedy stuff should probably be minimized more if he ever wants to move up the card. Doesn't need to eliminate it entirely, as some of it works. I enjoyed the Henry segment a lot more than the Schiavone one on Dynamite for instance, but the zany goofy shit feels tired. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:28 AM, Craig H said:

That Punk and Eddie segment. Holy shit. That's like when two of your good friends who don't get along finally start talking mad shit at each other at the party and it's all really deep cuts. Then you're just standing there thinking, fuck, I don't want my friends to fight, but I'm not the one to stop them.

Men have to work out man shit like men.  That's the code.

One again, Red Velvet has the unenviable task of carrying Jade Cargill to the finish line.  I'm not terribly happy about The Bunny being bounced in the first round, but Velvet has a better track record of making Jade look like a million bucks..

Edited by J.T.