DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 11/05/2021

Eddie Kingston and CM Punk face to face confrontation

TBS Women’s Championship Tournament – Round 1: The Bunny vs. Red Velvet. I think the winner faces Jade? Will anyone have Velvet's back vs Bunny & Ford?

John Silver vs. Adam Cole

And I honestly think that's it for announced matches and segments. 

I'd have to imagine Cole is further up the AEW hierarchy than Silver, but will Cole be suffering after-effects from the con-chair-to?? 

Also, one thing that can definitely make a Bay Bay cry is being Hungee... so you never know.

Kind of assuming that some Elite vs Dark Order -> Kenny vs Hangman extracurriculars will arise out of this match at some point. 

I just thought about the possibility of watching Darby bump for Keith Lee in three months or so. In my opinion, that could be fun.

Edited by Gordberg
Back to the present
  • Like 5

Lee and Allin wrestled in Evolve twice (three times including a triple threat). While it wasn't as all time great as Darby/Walter, I remember enjoying them a lot despite Evolve's atmosphere. Would love to see it again and the next time in front of an audience and setting more appropriate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like Silver fine from the little I've seen so far. I think Bunny is used well generally and that Velvet has plenty of upside. Kingston and Punk should be absolutely compelling.

That said, this is still probably the weakest show, on paper, that they've done in a couple of months. Crowd is getting a souped up Dark, but they should still be less exhausted and up for everything at least.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I like Silver fine from the little I've seen so far. I think Bunny is used well generally and that Velvet has plenty of upside. Kingston and Punk should be absolutely compelling.

That said, this is still probably the weakest show, on paper, that they've done in a couple of months. Crowd is getting a souped up Dark, but they should still be less exhausted and up for everything at least.

Yeah, I know that Moxley’s situation obviously threw a bit of a monkey wrench into plans but Dynamite was kind of just a show and this looks pretty underwhelming on paper (Kingston Punk is the only thing that interests me going into it).

Usually, it seems like AEW is always picking up a lot of momentum going into the ppvs. But the build so far has felt a little subdued to me.

Hopefully, this show will be better than it looks on paper and they’ll build a lot of steam next week…

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Why is this show live again, actually? Does anyone know? From storyline perspectives, it made a lot more sense for last week to be live to hide the Kingston/Danielson finish.

St. Louis was supposed to have a PPV and a Dynamite at one point or another that I believe were bumped because of the pandemic. Tony is doing some kind of special edition Dark taping followed by the live Rampage as a make-good. 

• Like 1

I think St Louis was initially supposed to get Full Gear on November 6th.

They changed course and decided on November 13th for Full Gear. The St Louis building either wasn't available (or they wanted a larger venue). So as a make good to the building they scheduled a live Rampage for today to make up for not running a PPV there tomorrow.

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

St. Louis was supposed to have a PPV and a Dynamite at one point or another that I believe were bumped because of the pandemic. Tony is doing some kind of special edition Dark taping followed by the live Rampage as a make-good. 

They pushed the ppv back a week because the UFC is having a ppv (Covington vs Usman 2) and I think Canelo is fighting as well, so it’d be a lot of competition for that night.

• Thanks 1

That was a really fun main event. I'm happy they mostly just let those two guys go rather than overdoing the extracurriculars.

I think Bunny and Red Velvet should eventually do a mutual respect story and team up as:

Spoiler

811RWmXzTjL.jpg

Full Gear is looking INSANE!!

Kenny v Hangman
Bryan v Miro
DMD v Tay
FTR v Lucha Bros
IC v MotY & ATT
Punk.v Kingston
JE & Christian v Supercliq
MJF v Darby

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That was an awesome main event. If it weren't for Stu Grayson, John Silver might be the most underrated guy on the roster. I was already going to order Full Gear, but Punk/Kingston sealed the deal.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 7

We were in the Discord chat and I wrote "Eddie headbutt him put in the nut" and then PUNK immediately did it. Fuckin' hell. We got in a discussion after that about how Eddie either does or doesn't have to win the match and Punk being a Cubs fan came up and yadda yadda yadda. It was fun. Needless to say the angle is very good. 

I wanted Dragon to break the boombox. Bowens was fine but Caster threw a clothesline on the outside that was hilariously awful. 

• Like 5