DVDVR Message Board

UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington II (11/06/2021) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

47 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Hawes was utterly dominant, until he wasn’t.  Curtis took some heavy shots then delivered something even heavier.  

That's pretty much most of his losses. Guy with great skills with very little punch resistance. 

On 10/30/2021 at 10:43 AM, twiztor said:

Lerone Murphy Alex Pereira: no we ain't grappling in rd 2

Pereira immediately delivers on all the hype with a killer knee. OK, i'm in on this hype train. I hope he works on that TDD tho.

Edited by twiztor

Well, we got "mahogany" in to the MMA lexicon now. 

16 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Let's go ahead and start throwing Pereira to the big names. I don't want to wait.

It's gonna be real interesting if some of the more striking-heavy fighters at MW want to try their luck. Dana White never seems to like Uriah Hall all that much, maybe they do that next.  I'm also wondering if noted professional crazy person Sean Strickland would be insane enough to keep it a striking match with Pereira (my guess would be he's not quite that crazy, but I've been wrong about a lot in life). Perhaps they compromise at Darren Till.  

Fighting Justin Gaethje has to be the most frustrating person to fight. You hit him with 47 shots that would knock out a horse and he just stumbles around kicking your legs and the next thing you know he's beating your ass.

39 minutes ago, Teflon Turtle said:

It's gonna be real interesting if some of the more striking-heavy fighters at MW want to try their luck. Perhaps they compromise at Darren Till.  

i dunno about "next fight", but Pereira vs. Darren Till after another fight or two is definitely a fantastic matchup. In!

Gaethje vs Chandler reminds me of Eddie Alvarez vs. Gilbert Melendez, in a "we were both #1 in our #2 promotion" matchup. 

i don't remember that match specifically (fuck, it was 5+ years ago and i like to drink!), but this one certainly delivered. I had it for Gaethje, but it was a close fight and was everything it was expected to be. Chandler is 1-2 in the UFC so far, but he has looked great in all 3 fights. Excited for what comes next. 

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Morning y'all!

Good Morning!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twiztor said:

i dunno about "next fight", but Pereira vs. Darren Till after another fight or two is definitely a fantastic matchup. In!

Gaethje vs Chandler reminds me of Eddie Alvarez vs. Gilbert Melendez, in a "we were both #1 in our #2 promotion" matchup. 

i don't remember that match specifically (fuck, it was 5+ years ago and i like to drink!), but this one certainly delivered. I had it for Gaethje, but it was a close fight and was everything it was expected to be. Chandler is 1-2 in the UFC so far, but he has looked great in all 3 fights. Excited for what comes next. 

Good Morning!

Good morning, my friend! 02:55am UK time.

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Good morning, my friend! 02:55am UK time.

glad to see you! i always enjoy seeing people from other parts of the world on at the same time. did you (or any other Brits) watch any Pride back in the day? or any other Japanese MMA? because for me here in the States, there were nights that i'd be up all night watching fights. UFC 7pm-midnight, Pride midnight-8am. How did that work for our Englanders?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twiztor said:

glad to see you! i always enjoy seeing people from other parts of the world on at the same time. did you (or any other Brits) watch any Pride back in the day? or any other Japanese MMA? because for me here in the States, there were nights that i'd be up all night watching fights. UFC 7pm-midnight, Pride midnight-8am. How did that work for our Englanders?

I enjoy seeing people watching live sports at different times around the world also. I watched PRIDE for the first time on YouTube/Dailymotion after UFC bought it in 2007 and brought fighters over in Wanderlei Silva/Dan Henderson/Big Nog/Shogun Rua. If UFC in Japan and NJPW is anything to go by, it's a better start time from 8:00am-9:00am compared to the 3:00am with the UFC main card.

• Thanks 1