DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 9

Dolfan in NYC

crazy that so many of the leagues top teams shit the bed on the exact same week that some of the worst teams played their asses off.  I've been betting football for over a decade and this was by far the worst week for not only me but many of my friends.  I'm also sure many, many survivor pools were busted as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

crazy that so many of the leagues top teams shit the bed on the exact same week that some of the worst teams played their asses off.  I've been betting football for over a decade and this was by far the worst week for not only me but many of my friends.  I'm also sure many, many survivor pools were busted as well. 

Only bets I won were my "under" bets, luckily I only do five bets a week so I went 2-3 but those 3 I lost were not close.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I hope we've seen the last of Rodgers but know we probably haven't, what fun.

Two days ago I might have agreed but Jordan Love's terrible performance has radicalized me and I'm an anti-vaxxer now

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I just looked at the weekly picks pool for my company and there are 2 people tied for first with 9 correct picks, and two more in second with 8. The three games that set them apart from the rest of the pack (including myself, in third for the week with 7 correct) were Atlanta over New Orleans, Cleveland over Cincy, and NYG over LV.

While I do think that was taunting under the new 'emphasis', as he was clearly taunting the Pittsburgh sideline even if the announcers didn't like it, I also think that with just a few minutes left in the game that the referee can just let that shit go. I've seem some really ticky tacky officiating this weekend and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

While I do think that was taunting under the new 'emphasis', as he was clearly taunting the Pittsburgh sideline even if the announcers didn't like it, I also think that with just a few minutes left in the game that the referee can just let that shit go. I've seem some really ticky tacky officiating this weekend and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

They showed a Replay where Marsh bumped the Ref which is probably why he threw the flag. As a Packers Fan the refs clearly had it out for the Bears with some terrible,  terrible calls against them including taking away a TD on missed low block that wasn't illegal. 

2 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

My god are these announcers bad, bring back Booger! That field goal attempt was flat out dumb and the Bears lining up offsides so many times hurt them more than anything else. 

That they are! At Least the next 2 Weeks Peyton & Eli will be back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

They showed a Replay where Marsh bumped the Ref which is probably why he threw the flag. As a Packers Fan the refs clearly had it out for the Bears with some terrible,  terrible calls against them including taking away a TD on missed low block that wasn't illegal. 

He was already pulling the flag before the bump. Also, the ref initiated the bump. He saw Marsh and intentionally turned into him. 

That game was incredibly poorly officiated. Soooooo many bad calls or non-calls against Chicago. Yeah, the offsides calls were (almost) all legit but the bad ones changed the outcome of the game. Period. 

• Like 1