DVDVR Message Board

Can You Feel The Liv Tonight? - Raw - 11/1/2021

Dolfan in NYC

That Becky Lynch/Bianca Bel Air match was pretty good.  I loved the Ode To Flair finish- I was wondering how she was going to weasel out of the match.

• Like 1

I didn't pay much attention to the show, but Becky/Bianca was a solid match. I just hope they actually have a decent payoff of Bianca winning the belt back whenever this program ends.

Balor/Gable was really good. Gable is going to end up being like Cesaro in that he's criminally underused while being one of the best guys on the roster.

Becky/Bianca was great. Curious where Bianca goes from here. Liv as the next challenger could be good. 

Rhea/Nikki vs. Zelina/Carmella was decent. 

Gable/Finn was a welcome surprise. Its a pity how Gable has been used since he looked great here and deserved bigger reactions.

Priest/T-bar was fun and had the biggest reactions I can recall either ever having on the main roster. not super into Apollo as the next challenger, but the matches should be solid.

E/Owens was solid.

Skipped around most of the segments. Nothing really interested me much outside of the Bianca/Becky interviews.

It figures they finally validate my Liv Morgan fandom after I haven't watched/followed their product that closely for like 2-3 years now. Guess I'll have to check that eventual match out, since Becky vs. Liv is just such good shit, pal.

That being said, there's like a 2% chance Liv wins the title, so I don't know how interested I am in following a start-and-stop push, which I'm almost positive this will be.

Maybe it's the pandemic and the relentless passage of time, but I was discouraged to have Owens basically do the same kind of Ziggler promo he eviscerated a few years ago and Becky rehash the Planet's Champion.

It makes me feel like 'fickle' is a word of particular significance to the writing team, and that the interviewers aren't particularly clever given that they can't coherently reply to it.

I feel bad for Bianca. I still don't have a sense of who Liv is.

Crowd seemed pretty happy that Becky retained, so that was probably the right call.

I realized this morning that I have very little interest in Becky’s matches right now.  She’s been one of the small handful of WWE stars I’ll go out if my way to watch - along with Roman, the Usos, heel Charlotte, AJ, one or two others - but there’s no one on the Raw roster I want to see her work with. Feuds with Bianca or Liv (or Zelina) are easily skippable for me.  Women’s division is paper thin and has been for awhile.  After the Horsewomen & Asuka, talent dropoff is immense.  I’d even welcome Alexia’s return and I’m not normally a fan or hers or the current gimmick.

Kind of enjoyed Big E being a bit of an ass & dropping Owens even after Kevin apologized.  Babyfaces are usuallly booked to be trusting idiots during heel turns.

Edited by Eoae
Typos

Nearly same average as last week

1,689 (0.47)

Cord cutting is expected to further hit USA network over the years, someday 1.2 or 1.1 ratings will be the norm for Raw in a few years until the tv deal runs out. The demo will still be ok for even then.

However Smackdown the A show is in better shape, with the better channel on tv and stays around 2.0. Which means more viewer's than Dynamite and UFC tv shows.

Edited by D.Z

On 11/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, DreamBroken said:

Last week Liv lost to Carmella in 2 minutes (and in the Queen's Crown even quicker than that), and now she's going to be a challenge to Becky. Weak. I'd rather they just do heel vs heel with Queen Zelina at this point.

Yea, they pretty much have told us that Liv doesn't stand a chance.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 12:15 PM, odessasteps said:

She's def one of the people whose personality I only know from being on UUDD. No clue about her on screen persona.

Liv Morgan is one of many people in WWE with the character of "total sweetheart IRL and on social media that's super easy to root for as a person but with nothing to give a fuck about one way or the other on screen/in the ring"