DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

I'd like to revisit those pandemic shows. It's hard to remember much. MJF having some kind of gambling ring and drinking wine with Wardlow and Shawn Spears sticks out. What I really want to see again are the Nightmare Factory shows. I remember enjoying them and they were probably better than they had any right to be, but the arena setup being a higher quality Wrestling Society X was neat.

Oh yeah...Pandemic era gave us Archer in bum fights vignettes and murdering poor Marko Stunt.

• Haha 1

Why are people shocked that they would use St Louis indie wrestlers, on a taping in St Louis?

Tootie Lynn will also be on Dark. She was formerly Sei Shin (the little blue Dragon).

Tootie Lynn: What to Know About The Little Blue Dragon

Dark/ Elevation look pretty stacked:

Spoiler
  • Too Fast too Fuego vs Comorotto/Solo
  • Dante Martin vs Kazarian
  • Sydal/Moriarty vs 2 point 0
  • Rosa/Mizunami/Statlander vs Rebel/Hayter/Sakura
  • Andrade vs Warhorse
  • Starks/Hobbs vs Angels/10
  • Allin vs Marshall
  • Christian/Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs Hardy/Blade/Kassidy
  • Guevara/Hager vs two guys
  • Cassidy/Yuta/Taylor vs three guys
  • Nyla Rose vs Tootie Lynn
  • Wardlow vs Moonshine Mantell
  • Tay Conti vs Miranda Gordy

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Why is Cassidy in Romero’s corner?

Romero did a Dark taping when he was in with Nagata back in the spring. I think it was against somebody from the Wingmen, who were feuding with Best Friends at the time, and they came out to help him fight off the numbers. Welcomed him into the group hug at the end.

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Romero and Trent were a team, I'm assuming that's why. 

Best Friends are the AEW branch of CHAOS and that's why they can do the camera zoom out on the hug + why any Okada-based fantasy booking has to involve him teaching Kris how to do Rainmaker-style boops.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TK was teasing on Twitter that maybe Orange Cassidy is actually part of CHAOS, not asking the question if Rocky Romero is part of the Best Friends. I thought that was curious. It won't lead to anything, but still. I mean if we get OC going over Ishii, that's great.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:23 PM, JLowe said:

Defector actually wrote about this and mentioned Omega, Young Bucks, and Sammy in addition my three of Punk, Danielson, and Allin so you were pretty spot on.

Do they identify as "straight edge," or do they just not drink?

I think we've all known "straight edge" people who are very UNsupportive of people with substance abuse issues.

• Like 2