DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

52 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm still over here just waiting for them to release the Bryan Danielson-under-a-mask match from those Universal Studios tapings.

You know that will be exclusive to the eventual streaming service. ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hobo joe said:

Any idea why Revolution is on a non-holiday weekend Sunday?

Those were the 2021 dates. They moved Revolution to a Sunday because of big boxing and UFC events the Saturdays the two weekends around the event. I think that it may move back to Saturday next year (though Double or Nothing and All Out will stay on Sundays during Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends respectively).

Edit: Just saw the rumor that Revolution 2022 will also be on first Sunday of March next year in Orlando (a bit of an odd choice for the city, but they unfortunately cannot all be in the Midwest).

Edited by Big Z

Elevation 11/29

Nyla/Emi/Bunny/Diamante vs Julia Hart/Ryo/Skye Blue/Hirsch: Chaos but controlled chaos for the brunt of it. I like how they'd have big multi-person spots but then it'd go back to the heat on Leyla. I liked how everyone was targeting Skye so that when she came in, the (hometown) crowd was all the more behind her. I like the cohesion from both sides since a lot of these wrestlers have been teaming with each other for weeks and weeks now, though it was nice to see a few people not usually in the mix like Skye and Julia. I'm not sure I'd want this level of chaos in a match with more stakes but for a fun webshow match where they kept honing it back in, it was fine. Julia didn't underscore her name on the entrance but she did, foolishly, before the dive that Nyla cut off. Emi setting up her splash in the corner with syncopated chops works way better than just hanging out in the middle of the ring indefinitely while her opponent has to just stand there

TayJay vs Missa Kate/Crowley: Total mauling. Jay's little rolling kick in the corner was funny. The Bull Pain reference was appreciated. Conti jamming her leg weirdly wasn't great but everyone recovered well, including with the biggest kick to the face. Not always smooth but they keep getting the reps in while killing poor victims.

Santana/Ortiz vs Lee/Moore: Structured better than usual for these: two solid exchanges with a bit of teamwork in the middle and a lot at the end. They made it a little competitive which made winning those exchanges matter more. I'm not saying they can't do the pure noise approach sometimes, but it's good to balance it out like this.

Nese vs Capri: Solid, straightforward. Nese's moonsault, which again, is probably too close to Dante's finisher for him to be doing, looked a little shaky. Capri fed well and had some good shots back. Finisher was smooth and they should have captured the through the leg bits on the replay too. That's a much better finish for him than the corner strike he was doing, but I'm not sure he can hit everyone on the roster with it.

HFO (Kassidy/Blade/Hardy) vs Dark Order (Angels/Uno/Stu): Pretty solid one here. Lots of shine (Even for a FIP) for Angels as he got to hit a nice poetry in motion reversal that I'm sure I've seen before but not often where he ran out of the corner and uses Matt as a stepstool before Kassidy could. Then later he basically had Matt beat with the twist of fate. So he looked like he could hang heading into the oncoming train that is Danielson. Stu hit some forearms and hit a dive and looked fine. Kassidy is fun doing the Hardy Boyz spots but he stands out most in just reacting to things. Blade hit people and it looked painful so that tracked. This was ok. I'm fairly high on Angels as someone with a lot of potential. I almost liked him wrestling in the sweatshirt actually. He needs something if he won't be wearing the mask.

Lethal vs Storm: I liked Storm's rushing eye rake out of the corner. Otherwise, he took Lethal's stuff well. Haven't seen Lethal in ten years probably, but it's obvious he knows how to pop the crowd and work from underneath. Wasted motion in general but fairly effective in practice. Probably going to get old quick though. Also, do we really need another cutter in AEW though?

Pillman/Garrison/Silver/Reynolds vs Caster/Bowens/Serpentico/Luther: Good pop for Silver. Good rap by Caster. It's funny people don't sing along with Bowens. I guess the heel heat garnering works. I would have liked to see the teams interact a little more between one another, but that's what I always want. Pillman and Luther, at times, seemed a little sluggish in there. Otherwise, everyone looked good. Bowens' clubbering game gets better every week. Silver destroying everyone popped the crowd and I would have bought (and maybe even suggested) him beating Serpentico with the cross body. I liked that he entered the whirlybird out of his usual German Suplex set up just to switch things up. This was ok but suffered from too many 6-8 person tags on the show.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Big Swole's last day with AEW is today. She & TK came to the decision not to renew her contract.

I like her a lot. Just seems like she missed a ton of time with injury and got passed by. I can't imagine anyone signing with WWE at the moment, but Cedric hasn't been cut yet. so who knows? It is interesting that this came from her and not from TK or the official AEW account. 

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Still marking for Infinito's finish.  Also, Julia Hart nearly died in the ring.

I haven't seen one of those since Number One Paul Jones.  Julia Hart was the superstar of Dark.   When did she get good?

• Like 1