DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

20 hours ago, matt925 said:

Let’s def run Chicago for the tenth time before coming to California. 

Because Chicago is better than anywhere they would run in California.

I'm just kidding, kinda... But I don't think there's anywhere viable for them to run in California at the moment because they're not going to do something like the, ugh, Crypto.com Arena. Plus, I would imagine that their issues with when Dynamite airs on the west coast have something to do with it too. 

I remembered another thing that was mentioned on the board that shortly thereafter happened in AEW: In the original Secret Santo thread, someone reviewed a match in which traffic cones were used as a foreign object, and said "They used traffic cones as a weapon, that's completely new, never seen that in wrestling, you'd think someone would have done that before". And then like 2 weeks later was the first ever Stadium Stampede, in which Chris Jericho used a traffic cone as a weapon. Then put it on his head and pretended to be a witch, because of course he did.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It does rather depend on how big they are and if it's a solid or hollow base (the hollow bases are supposed to be filled with sand, but a lot of people don't bother putting any in, or it gets punctured).

5 hours ago, AxB said:

I remembered another thing that was mentioned on the board that shortly thereafter happened in AEW: In the original Secret Santo thread, someone reviewed a match in which traffic cones were used as a foreign object, and said "They used traffic cones as a weapon, that's completely new, never seen that in wrestling, you'd think someone would have done that before". And then like 2 weeks later was the first ever Stadium Stampede, in which Chris Jericho used a traffic cone as a weapon. Then put it on his head and pretended to be a witch, because of course he did.

I'm pretty sure that was me, though I have no idea what match it was

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dax with long hair.

Looks like Sam Kinison 

A few thoughts on Eddie Kingston. Eddie Kingston reminds me of Paul Heyman's description of the Tommy Dreamer character "the man oppressed". He's the ultimate underdog character so he should lose most of his feuds. He the hero in the greek tragedy who continually reaches beyond his grasp, if he ever went on a long winning streak he'd lose all that. And I think if he ever does win the Big One, he should immediately lose to MJF

• Like 5

You got MJF, who is evolving what you would have called the standard heel act. But he's evolving in a way that's modern, and it doesn't feel like he's just out there being a heel, it feels like he's an asshole. I talk to him and he's kind of an asshole. He's made the claim, and it's so funny, that it's impossible, there's not anybody in this world who can double leg him. He is susceptible to a single leg takedown, but nobody can double leg him because he's the "Sprawl God." He's never been double-legged his entire amateur wrestling career. I was like 'Oh, you must have had a pretty good amateur run?' He like, 'Ah, my last year was my freshman year of high school.' I was like, 'What?' Making that kind of bold claim, it's a lot of fun. I was like, 'Okay.' He is kind of this just turned up to eleven.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/bryan-danielson-says-mjf-calls-himself-sprawl-god-and-claims-nobody-can-double-leg-him?utm_source=TW-Fightful&utm_medium=Fightful Wrestling News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We definitely used traffic cones as weapons in my backyard because they were easy to steal. They're shit weapons but the go-to spot was to pretend to sodomize someone with them.

Best backyard weapon was a wet floor sign. Easy to walk out of McDonald's with one, flimsy and plastic so they don't hurt when you crack a dude in the head, but the two sides clack together and it sounds like a fucking kendo stick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, hobo joe said:

We definitely used traffic cones as weapons in my backyard because they were easy to steal. They're shit weapons but the go-to spot was to pretend to sodomize someone with them.

Best backyard weapon was a wet floor sign. Easy to walk out of McDonald's with one, flimsy and plastic so they don't hurt when you crack a dude in the head, but the two sides clack together and it sounds like a fucking kendo stick.

The top of those holiday popcorn tins. Swing as hard as you want. Cracks LOUD, sounds good on your camcorder.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hobo joe said:

Any idea why Revolution is on a non-holiday weekend Sunday?

Rampage might be booked for that Saturday, apparently a concert is taking place at the Amway Arena on Friday. Or I guess it's possible they tape Rampage after Dynamite that week, but they generally do a live Rampage before a PPV.