DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

Underwhelming Elevation with a lot of sloppy matches and whatever was happening in the commentary booth. The Nese match was the standout. I’d be perfectly fine with him being a Dark ace and defending the Being Tony Nese Championship against regional indie darlings in 6-8 minutes matches every week. 

• Like 3

Dark Elevation 11/22/21

Tay Conti/Anna Jay vs Erica Leigh/Williow Nightingale: Would have liked to see something out of Willow but she ate all of Tay's stuff well. I thought Anna's opening kicks looked good (might be on Leigh leaning into them). The stereo finishers were fun, at least. Hopefully they let Willow do something more interesting next time but I can see why they would want Tay to have a dominant exchange and win after the PPV.

Nese vs Laroux: This was pretty good. I'm not sure Nese should be doing that double jump moonsault as it's Dante's finish (even if that's a press). He gets a little cutesy with the matrix and the combo strikes but everything looked good here at least. His finish with the German into the corner and the knee is nice. A lot of moves into the corner or ropes this year though; feels like a zeitgeist thing. Kingston on commentary in general was funny as he spent the whole first half of his time trying not to step on anyone (and failing because he had too many good lines) and then the back half getting yelled at anyway. I liked how the crowd really got behind Laroux right when he was coming back. That doesn't usually get time well like that in AEW. I'm going to call it a coincidence though.

Starks/Hobbs vs Chase/Legend: I liked this well enough. It sort of went all over the place but always came back to Hobbs killing people dead, and it's hard to complain too much about that. Chase had a fun little moment of shine towards the end. The simultaneous finish of the torture rack and Stark's finish was nice. You'd almost want Hobbs to pancake the guy at the same time though. It's just fan to watch Hobbs crash through people.

Emi/Ford/Bunny vs Ryo/Hirsch/Statlander: Some things, like Ryo crashing through people and Bunny doing everything she could early on to avoid Statlander and Hirsch playing face in peril, sort of, worked. I though the transition with interference from the apron and THEN from the floor from Mei worked. I wish they had leaned more into Bunny refusing to face Statlander. Good idea but it was anticlimactic. There was one wildly missed kick (Statlander on Bunny maybe?). Like the announcers, I too wish that Hirsch had gotten to do a bit more of her grappling stuff. After about five weeks of these matches twice a week I'm getting a little tired of them all falling apart but that's the house style. It's tag team wrestling in the 2010s-on style. I have a whole theory about this if anyone wants to hear it. Anyway, I think the usefulness of these six-person tags with Emi and friends vs Ryo and friends is probably nearing its end. Soho on commentary was something different at least.

Kazarian vs Keys: I liked the backslide into the chicken wing finish. That's all I've got. Sorry.

Dark Order vs Black, Davis, Jones: I keep looking for something in Reynolds that stands out and can't find it. He's a solid FIP. He hits his stuff well. You just need something more than that in a group like this. The crowd badly wanted Silver and generally he delivered playing into the size differential. I thought the balance on the one was pretty good as it ended quickly after things broke down with the Dark Order's sequenced offense looking good. Silver's German on Jones was honestly one of the coolest visual spots/moves of the entire year. Just awesome stuff.

Spoiler

Riho vs Adora: Good enhancement performance for Adora. Since it wasn't a tag, she got to do a bit more. Henry marked out big for her strength on the deadlift suplex and then the hard shots in the corner. She really jumped into Riho's cross body and took all of her stuff well. I'm higher on Wight than some people but when he's just reading off a piece of paper, it's not great. There are things I can speak to and things I can't in a match like this. I can't tell you if those shots were as stiff as they were supposed to be or stiffer or if they even hurt at all and I can't tell you how things were called or certain positioning bits, but from a spectator watching and critiquing as someone who watches a lot of wrestling, this, unsurprisingly, was the sort of performance that would get Adora another look.

Serpentico vs Yuta: I have a ton of time for Serpentico still. He's literally at the bottom of the card, the lowest regular heel, and it's ok for him to be mostly act. I love his commitment to the act at that spot of the card. Everything he does is on, while still hitting things well. I'm all for him having imaginary Luther drop him on people and bumping himself. Guy's a maniac. This is also the smoothest Yuta match I've seen in AEW. Nothing looked blown or off to me and it's not generally easy stuff. The dropkick was great. I liked Serpentico's interactions with the Best Friends. I do need less Monsoonian complaining about not hooking the leg after the first move from Wight though.

• Like 5

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a38225563/adam-page-hangman-aew/?fbclid=IwAR0E_zvkA2-nFqeY0_RtC4sKmQ_2NMHdgdSuZd21EY17UtQjtKaOWZFSIeY

FEBRUARY 29, 2020, "Hangman" Adam Page, All Elite Wrestling’s blond-maned, hazel-eyed, self-styled “anxious millennial cowboy,” strutted into the ring in front of a packed house at Chicago’s Windtrust Arena with his chin held high and his heart jumping out of his chest. Black vest resting on his broad shoulders, the 6-foot, 228-pound Hangman yanked his bandana down to his neck, revealing the sort of enraged game face often worn by men trying to pass insecurity off as machismo. A fan in the crowd threw up a sign: “HANGMAN, Drink MY beer.”

For the uninitiated, AEW is an upstart professional wrestling company, and Hangman is one of its biggest stars. He was anchoring Revolution, one of AEW’s quarterly pay-per-view super shows, and set to share the spotlight with the three performers who’d hand-picked him for this moment: Kenny Omega, his co-AEW World Tag Team Champion, and their opponents, the Young Bucks (aka Matt and Nick Jackson). What none of the ring mates realized at the time was that their belief in Page had outpaced his own expectations—not just on TV but also in real life.

For fans who had followed Hangman’s story arc in recent AEW broadcasts and related webisodes, Page’s once upbeat-character had taken an emotional turn in recent weeks, swigging beers and lashing out at the friends with whom he now shared the ring. Like all of the scripted sport’s richest stories, it was a recital rooted in reality (except for the drinking).

MORE FROM MEN'S HEALTH

Eb and Swole: Ultimate Kettlebell Core Flow

Play Video

the young bucks

The Young Bucks, brothers and AEW executive vice presidents Matt and Nick Jackson.

ALL ELITE WRESTLING

“How could it not be?” Page told Men’s Health during a recent phone call. “I challenge you or anybody reading to imagine that you were standing in the ring, and your partner is one of the greatest of all time in Kenny Omega. ... and (your opponents are), I would say, without question, the greatest tag team of all time in the Young Bucks.

“And then you were standing there.”

That match, nearly thirty minutes of dazzling, acrobatic physical expression, is held up by fans on Twitter and the popular r/SquaredCircle subreddit as one of the surest examples of wrestling’s singular storytelling capability. Page and Omega won the bout, but only after the four men used the match as a device to work out their simmering beefs: Page vs. the Bucks; Page vs. Omega; Page vs. himself. It was a tour de force for Page, who managed to channel his self-flagellation into offense that blurred the lines between fantasy and reality.

1636669047-aew1477-1.png?crop=1xw:1xh;ce

Hangman Adam Page - Anxious Millennial Cowboy
SHOPAEW.COM
$24.99

Nearly two years later, the bout is considered by many to be the finest in the company’s short history, helping to burnish Page’s credentials as a star who now has more than 265,000 followers on Twitter and 176,000 on Instagram, and whose “Anxious Millennial Cowboy” T-shirt is often seen on fans in the crowd. Some think he’s overdue for an AEW World Championship reign. But as anyone grappling with anxiety or an inferiority complex knows all too well, maintaining your mental health takes work. So instead of settling for the tidy ending to the story shortly after the Revolution event, Page has worked alongside AEW brass to add more chapters to create a more human story, sending his Hangman character on a journey that resulted in months of public struggle.

Hangman’s own career will reach another crescendo this weekend when he challenges Omega for the AEW World Championship at the Full Gear pay-per-view event in Minneapolis. For Page, it feels like a moment to share that much of the inspiration for the anxious part of his millennial cowboy came from deeper inside of him than anyone expected.

His toughest opponent has always been himself.

red rope

AEW, THE BRAINCHILD of billionaire Tony Khan, launched in early 2019 with the mission of providing an alternative to the old-guard WWE, combining new age, high-flying wrestling with rich storytelling. In Omega, the Bucks and fellow grappler Cody Rhodes (collectively known as the Elite), who on wrestling’s independent scene had generated an unprecedented buzz for non-WWE performers, Khan saw four potential cornerstones. The foursome of rising stars had earned a cult following, and not just because of their in-ring theatrics for promotions like New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) and Ring of Honor (ROH).

In their popular YouTube series, Being the Elite, which now has 507,000 subscribers, the wrestlers documented life on the road in goofy, semi-scripted skits and over-the-top storylines that sometimes trickled into the promotions for which they worked. Page was introduced as a bit character at first, with his rising prominence in the series coinciding with his growing in-ring fame.

Khan had co-invested alongside his father Shahid, an immigrant from Pakistan turned an automotive manufacturing magnate (they also co-owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham FC), and quickly christened Omega, the Bucks and Rhodes executive vice presidents. Today, the still fledgling, non-publicly traded group has built a promotion that seems to function as an implicit rebuke of WWE, the billion dollar global juggernaut run by billionaire CEO Vince McMahon. Instead of offering staid, family-friendly and cartoonish caricatures of masculinity, AEW strives to be spontaneous, edgy and, most importantly, authentic.

“A huge part of AEW,” Khan said, “is to make the characters, the wrestlers (feel like) real people.”

tony khan

AEW founder and CEO Tony Khan.

ALL ELITE WRESTLING

While AEW has added more star power with ex-WWE Champions CM Punk and Bryan Danielson joining its roster in recent months, AEW executives also believe that the league’s more emotionally resonant and mental health focused stories will inspire the next generation of fans.

“For years wrestlers were only seen as larger than life, colorful superhero types. Nobody ever really explored the idea of a wrestler being like a normal person, struggling with everyday emotions,” said Matt Jackson, one of the company’s four executive vice presidents. “It’s important to have sensitive, vulnerable characters who show that human side because more people watching can relate to a person like that.”

That’s where Page fits in. In the 20 months since the Revolution tag match, his character has taken on more depth with each passing week of Dynamite, the two-hour AEW show that airs Wednesdays on TNT. The narrative arc is basic but easily relatable: Feeling that he didn’t measure up to Omega and the Bucks, the anxious cowboy turned increasingly reclusive and brooding, with the friendship exploding when Hangman cost the Bucks an opportunity for a tag championship rematch, cheating on behalf of their opponents.

wrestlers

Hangman with a beer during a Halloween 2021 AEW event.

ALL ELITE WRESTLING

In retaliation, Omega and the Bucks theatrically dropped him from their on-camera friends group, rendering Hangman—as scripted at least—a lone wolf in a world where the right allies can make all the difference in a wrestler’s success. At first, he wallowed in self-hatred, finding solace in beer and whiskey while becoming more publicly unhinged. Then, with the help of some new friends, he regained his confidence and his in-ring mojo, leading to Saturday’s showdown with Omega.

red rope

PAGE (REAL NAME Stephen Woltz), 30, speaks with the slight inflection of his native Virgilina, Va., a town of 154, according to the 2010 U.S. census, located on the Virginia-North Carolina border. He grew up on a 20-acre farm helping his “pa” raise beef cattle in the winter and grow tobacco in the summer. When his classmates went to camp, he’d rise at 6 a.m. and start driving a tractor. In July (or “joo-lie” as Page pronounces it), he’d hunker down in the field and top tobacco himself, retiring for the day with his hands covered in waxy pulp.

“I come from a simple place. Hard work, but straightforward, farm life,” Page said. “There’s something wonderful about the truth in that. That you get up. You work from 6 to 6. You eat your supper. You go to bed. You do it again. And that’s how you make it.”

Then he repeats himself: “There’s something very powerful in the truth of that.”

In a 30-minute conversation with Men’s Health in early November, five days before his showdown with Omega, Page used the word “truth” 12 times. He spoke, much like he does on television, with an earnest lilt, his voice rising and falling for emphasis. He is a man committed to living authentically, including in his art.

“I wouldn’t even say [the story] has borrowed from my real life, as much as it is [real life],” Page said. “Each step of the way, I’d ask myself, ‘How do I feel about this right now?’ And I’d just give you the truth.”

Page didn’t really fit in in high school, he said, and instead found his people at local wrestling shows, a “strange world of 40 and 50 year-old fat old men beating each other up in front of 20 people in an armory.” He started backyard wrestling with friends on his trampoline, around which his parents built a wooden frame. Terry Lambert, a local independent wrestler who performed under the name Justin Flash, and who was dating Page’s cousin, taught him some fundamentals and took him on the road.

hangman page

Hangman during a recent episode of Dynamite on TNT.

LANE WALBERT

Soon Page was making shows on the North Carolina independent scene, continuing to hone his skills on weekends as he attended Virginia Tech -- he graduated in 2011 after two years—and then while working as a journalism and graphic design teacher at his local Halifax County High School. In May 2016, after Page joined the Bullet Club, the villainous NJPW mega-stable of which Omega and the Bucks were members, he finally quit teaching.

It was then, as Page’s career started to take off, that he started to feel the insecurities that would play out on television. He was grateful Omega and the Bucks had taken him under their wing, but something felt off.

“I was the guy who was the last to join the Bullet Club—on the house show that wasn’t even on TV,” Page said. “I was the guy who was getting beat in all these multi-man matches in New Japan. I was the guy who didn’t even have a winning record in (New Japan’s G1 Climax tournament).

“It feels like a fresh thing in wrestling to be that honest about how you feel in that situation. But what other truth could there be than to feel inferior in this group?”

When made aware of Page’s comments about feeling like he didn’t measure up, the Jacksons, his opponents at Revolution, were taken aback.

“This is actually the first I’ve heard of that,” Matt Jackson said. “When we met Hangman all those years ago, he was really just a new, unknown shy kid hiding under a baseball cap at ROH. Nick, Kenny and myself were already pretty well known, well-traveled, established wrestlers. I can see those original feelings he might’ve had when he initially met us, be something tough to shake off. It could be a little imposter’s syndrome, which I’d love to tell him goes away, but by experience, I don’t think it ever does. I hope he one day can look back from the beginning of our friendship and realize we were never competing, or sizing him up. We were welcoming him in to be one of us.”

“He’s never personally told Matt and I that,” Nick Jackson said. “I feel like he’s crazy to think that way because he’s one of the best in the world. I feel like the fans think the same way about him. He’s become a superstar.”

red rope

PAGE WAS POSITIONED as a potential leading man from the company’s onset, but it wasn’t until his character tasted defeat—six months before Revolution —that his saga first developed the kind of nuance that’s helped to distinguish AEW from WWE. On August 31, 2019, in the main event of the All Out PPV, Page was pinned by Chris Jericho in the first-ever AEW Championship match, failing to make good on some classic wrestling smack talk: He’d guaranteed that he would be the promotion’s inaugural champion. That loss set off a crisis of confidence in Hangman that Page says mirrored how he’s often felt in real life.

wrestlers

Adam Page reveals himself during the recent Halloween event.

ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Hangman’s plot first took a darker turn on the Jan. 1, 2020 episode of Dynamite, about eight weeks before the Revolution tag match, when Omega and the Bucks wrestled PAC, Ray Fenix and Penta El Zero Miedo. When Page joined the commentary team for the match, as is common practice for wrestlers when friends or foes are engaged in combat, it was clear that the Hangman’s focus had shifted. He sipped on whiskey the whole match, and after the Elite won, the cowboy refused to celebrate with them in the ring.

“In real life, you wouldn’t acknowledge up front to your friends, face to face, that you feel that you don’t fill their shoes,” Page said. “You might run from the friendship. You might run from the responsibility. But acknowledging your own shortcomings is hard, and most people wouldn’t do it.”

With each passing week, as Hangman’s self-confidence slipped, he lashed out more and more. He was hardly seen on TV without a drink. On screen, that alcohol consumption became a symbol of his anxiety and quite literally brought him closer to fans, who handed him beers to chug following victories (before the coronavirus, at least). The worse he behaved, the louder fans chanted his catch phrase -- “Cowboy shit! Cowboy shit!”—Page’s less G-rated version of Cena’s “You can’t see me.”

If Page, with his bandana and his western-themed entrance music, was already a believable “cowboy,” the stress drinking was the realization of the “anxious millennial” element of his character. The anxious part’s real for him personally, too.

“Anyone in this age range understands, not just the surface-level anxiety, day-to-day, but larger anxieties about the way that our world works around us, the way that our world is maybe starting to fail us, and that we are not rising to the challenge,” said Page, whose legend among the faithful was bolstered by a Twitter investigation that found he’d made a dozen small donations to Bernie Sanders’ 2020 Presidential campaign (including one for $4.20) under his real name, per FEC records. “I think that our generation is very familiar with both those kinds of anxiety, certainly myself included.”

wrestler

Adam Page will challenge for the AEW World Championship on November 13, 2021.

ALL ELITE WRESTLING

The moment that Hangman was ultimately kicked out of his original brotherhood, the Elite, occurred in August 2020 after months of teases, both on Dynamite and on Being the Elite. Not long afterwards he and Omega lost the tag titles, and then Omega beat Page to earn an AEW World Championship opportunity. Omega dethroned then-champion Jon Moxley, and he and the Bucks, previously the company’s top good guys, turned heel.

As his former friends dominated the company—the Jacksons later won the tag titles—the cowboy continued to find refuge in the bottle. Then, in his darkest hour, he found inspiration in an unlikely source: the Dark Order, an evil-cult-turned-sentimental-favorite after the tragic passing of Jon Huber, who played its fictional lead Mr. Brodie Lee on screen. (Huber died from a non-COVID-19 lung issue on December 26, 2020 at the age 41.)

In a pointedly emotional segment, the Dark Order guys told Hangman they still believed in him, and that he should once again pursue the AEW Championship. Fans urged the cowboy on too—including one young supporter named Nolie whose video of encouragement blew up on Wrestling Twitter—and eventually he found his confidence, winning a seven-man ladder match Oct. 6 to earn the championship opportunity after returning from paternity leave. The recent comeback has meant even more for the man behind the character, who had never publicly disclosed the story arc was based in reality.

“I’ve come to terms with how I’ve felt, and I think only then do you start to feel differently about the dynamic,” Page said of his real-life feelings toward Omega and the Bucks. “There’s no amount of money you can pay for therapy like this, to hear thousands of people clamoring for you.”

In recent weeks, AEW has continued to incorporate sensitive subjects into broadcasts. Eddie Kingston, a foul-mouthed brawler from just outside New York City, noted he takes Zoloft for depression. And in early November, the day after it was announced Moxley had entered an inpatient alcohol treatment program, the famously straight-edge Punk called on the Independence, Mo., crowd to chant Moxley’s name, commending the former champion for seeking help.

Page thinks the values of the company have created an openness that helps performers too. “Ten, 20 years ago, you would never walk away from a top spot, for any reason,” he says about Moxley going into rehab. “You would let your life crumble around you before you walked away from that top spot. Knowing AEW is a different kind of place, a different environment, I think has helped people be more honest with what they need in their lives.”

red rope

ON A RECENT EPISODE of Dynamite, in an obvious prelude to this weekend’s mega match, Page swaggered to the ring for an interview with announcer Tony Schiavone, grinning as the crowd sang “Cowboy shit! Cowboy shit!” He wore brown cowboy boots, tight blue jeans and a white desert-themed button down peppered with cacti. He did not carry a drink.

At Schiavone’s prompting, Page touched on the events of the past two years: losing to Jericho; losing his friends; losing himself. Through it all, Page said, he learned something important. When you fall down, you need to dust yourself off and get back on the horse. That, he insisted, is the meaning of “cowboy shit.” He pivoted to the championship bout.

“I feel like you all still believe in me,” Page said, his eyes scanning the crowd. “And for the first time in my life, I do, too.”

His lips curled into a soft smile. This time, Page stopped short of guaranteeing victory, but he promised he would give fans his blood, sweat and tears. And something else: “I will give you COWBOY SHIT!”

He dropped the mic, pointed to the sky and made one last lap around the ring. “Cowboy shit! Cowboy shit!” the crowd chanted, and Stephen Woltz closed his eyes, took a deep breath and lived his truth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I forgot to mention it but the jawbreaker with the head was used 3 times last night on Dark. Usually as a transition/cut off. It's just too much.

Also, if Tay and 10 are both going to do the pump kick facewashes in the corner, just have her join the Dark Order and brand it. Tay and Jay already have team up music.

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

Is she not? I thought they quietly folded her in while Anna was out hurt.

I don't think she has, no. She's sorta part of the group by association, but I don't think she ever comes out for the big group stuff unless Anna is the focus, doesn't generally do the claw thing, etc.

Yeah, she's Dark Order by association, but not an actual numbered member, no. They pursued her during some of the pandemic episodes, but it was mostly dropped in favor of a friendship with Anna Jay, and sometimes Negative One accompanies her to the ring on Dark episodes. She's definitely been in backstage promos with them before, though. I believe during the whole "Uno, Stu & Colt versus everyone else" little mini story that proceeded Hangman's return (and when Amanda Huber whipped them into shape on TV).

• Like 1

I actually like that AEW factions have blurred lines, so to speak. Tay is friends with DO but not official, Hangman even more so, and that's enough. Both DO and Best Friends having both men and women, even if only a few, is also refreshing. The Pinnacle crossing over with Malakai Black and Andrade's situations is also neat, as is The Inner Circle only coming together now and then to have each others' backs while otherwise operating independently. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 10

35 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I actually like that AEW factions have blurred lines, so to speak. Tay is friends with DO but not official, Hangman even more so, and that's enough. Both DO and Best Friends having both men and women, even if only a few, is also refreshing. The Pinnacle crossing over with Malakai Black and Andrade's situations is also neat, as is The Inner Circle only coming together now and then to have each others' backs while otherwise operating independently. 

I agree, that's pretty cool.  The Pinnacle sort of works this way as well, as we saw a good period of time there where FTR mostly acted alone.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I agree, that's pretty cool.  The Pinnacle sort of works this way as well, as we saw a good period of time there where FTR mostly acted alone.

I'm really into the fact that Tully also manages Spears and Wardlow when they team on Dark and they use the Horsemen-style theme and everything still. It's a nice touch even if it's not acknowledged on the TNT shows

• Like 2

Tonight’s Dark has a Wardlow match that is one of the greatest squashes I’ve ever seen. 

Rest of the show was pretty strong. Glad to see Bear Country being put in a position to be players in the tag division. Their recent match with Shook Crew in Beyond is in the internet match thread and it’s worth a look. 

The Moriarty/Comoroto main was very good stuff, and I loved finishing the show with a post match Schiavone interview. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Tonight’s Dark has a Wardlow match that is one of the greatest squashes I’ve ever seen. 

Rest of the show was pretty strong. Glad to see Bear Country being put in a position to be players in the tag division. Their recent match with Shook Crew in Beyond is in the internet match thread and it’s worth a look. 

The Moriarty/Comoroto main was very good stuff, and I loved finishing the show with a post match Schiavone interview. 

Completely agree with all of this. I mainly skipped to the big man matches cuz that's what I am in the mood for today (did you do the same?) so my thoughts are all on the same three matches.

I'd add that each match had at least one AMAZING power spot: Bear Boulder slamming Carter and Lennox simultaneously, Wardlow's press slam Casualty of War, and Comoroto's multiple presses, and the one-armed press, on Moriarty. The Bear Country spot was incredibly cool.

Rolando Perez looked great bumping and stooging for Wardlow. I'd like to see him do something with Marko Stunt next.

That was a great Dark main event. Both guys looked good, and it told a nice story of size and power vs technique.

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

The Inner Circle feels a bit like AEW's Dollar Store ripoff of LIJ, with Jericho as a washed-up Naito, Sammy as Hiromu , PnP as SANADA/EVIL (Yes, I know  Evil betrayed and Shingo's a lot better), and Hager as a heavyweight MMA Bushi just there.

Bear Country probably should be repackaged for Dynamite to be the tag goons for someone (Malakai maybe?)

Edited by alstein
  • Like 2

Yeah, Inner Circle as bootleg LIJ works. Best Friends seems like the obvious Chaos faction, but Jurassic Express and friends can fill that spot too. Elite are BC.

Does that make Pinnacle a better or shittier United Empire? 

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Cannot be overstated. Orlando Perez looks to be about 5'2" and half of that is his head complete with that glorious hair. He's like Matt Hardy's mini me. Dude rules so hard and Wardlow annihilates him. 10/10. I sincerely hope they keep bringing this guy in.

• Like 1

Comoroto pulled off the best twisting neck snap deal I've ever seen. Really fun prospect match with a simple straight ahead story and solid execution. I will always praise how Moriarty sells even when he's on offense. Didn't know about Comoroto's amateur background, so hopefully he can evolve beyond the '80s big man trope (though i really dig it and he's good at it). Gorgeous Oklahoma Stampede and a neat finish. Future's bright for both men. 

Was listening to Deadlock and one of the hosts had a torn labrum similar to Omega. He said if Omega gets surgery, he could be out up to a year. ~Six months without surgery though it could be sooner because of the quality of attention Omega will get, Omega's athleticism, and being able to focus 100% on rehab. I thought 3-4 months but that seems incredibly optimistic. Obviously we will wait and see but damn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Congrats to Anthony Greene for getting his first win! Kinda bummed he still doesn't have the wacky jeans, though.

Serpentico is still one of my boys, but I'm slightly concerned we haven't seen Luther in a little while, hope Chaos Project is still a thing.

Sing Along With Tazz is still easily the best part of Tuesday nights.

53 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Cannot be overstated. Orlando Perez looks to be about 5'2" and half of that is his head complete with that glorious hair. He's like Matt Hardy's mini me. Dude rules so hard and Wardlow annihilates him. 10/10. I sincerely hope they keep bringing this guy in.

Orlando Perez is perfect.  And they need to sign him immediately.  Short agile bumpers are the way of the future.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Congrats to Anthony Greene for getting his first win! Kinda bummed he still doesn't have the wacky jeans, though.

Serpentico is still one of my boys, but I'm slightly concerned we haven't seen Luther in a little while, hope Chaos Project is still a thing.

Sing Along With Tazz is still easily the best part of Tuesday nights.

Luther is still upset that Becky Lynch stole his boots.

Chaos Project vs Ariel Levy & El Cuervo De Puerto Rico | AEW Dark 12/29/20  - YouTube

027_SURV_11212021JG_21455--e58dbd98775b5

• Like 2
  • Haha 1