DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

I’m hyping myself up thinking about Danielson collecting a different body part from each member of Dark Order leading up to the Hangman match. The night of the title match they’re all backstage with Page looking demoralized, covered in athletic tape and knee wraps, trying to be supportive for Hangman but expecting Danielson to tear him apart. 

• Like 3

It's a really cool, mostly in-ring, story if they want to go that way. They know Danielson is a force of nature. He's like this godly being summoned down from the heavens and that now roams the earth that no one can stop, not even Miro's god. They also know that he will say yes to any challenge because he just wants to wrestle. So they all challenge him knowing that none of them can defeat him, but maybe, maybe they can collectively, one after another, take enough of a toll that Page can fight him equally, with him as a man instead of as a god. They just have to stay in there long enough with him to do some damage.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's a really cool, mostly in-ring, story if they want to go that way. They know Danielson is a force of nature. He's like this godly being summoned down from the heavens and that now roams the earth that no one can stop, not even Miro's god. They also know that he will say yes to any challenge because he just wants to wrestle. So they all challenge him knowing that none of them can defeat him, but maybe, maybe they can collectively, one after another, take enough of a toll that Page can fight him equally, with him as a man instead of as a god. They just have to stay in there long enough with him to do some damage.

It would be a pretty heelish move to have the number one contender for your title go through an entire stable of your friends before actually giving him the title shot he’s already earned.

• Like 1

Just now, Bryan said:

It would be a pretty heelish move to have the number one contender for your title go through an entire stable of your friends before actually giving him the title shot he’s already earned.

Page wouldn't want them to do it. No one's making Danielson do it. Danielson wants to do it. The Dark Order wants to do it.

It takes some agency out of Page's hand until maybe he just demands all of them stop and that they have the damn match ASAP. That could be a way to protect Page if he's not keeping the thing too depending.

Danielson's not necessarily a heel, but also not necessarily not a heel.

• Like 2

Why would anyone in Dark Order not want to compete against the greatest wrestler in the world? Why would Hangman try to stop them from doing it? Danielson is wrestling competitive matches every week anyway, it’s not targeting him to soften him up if he’s going to be in the ring regardless. 

22 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Page wouldn't want them to do it. No one's making Danielson do it. Danielson wants to do it. The Dark Order wants to do it.

It takes some agency out of Page's hand until maybe he just demands all of them stop and that they have the damn match ASAP. That could be a way to protect Page if he's not keeping the thing too depending.

Danielson's not necessarily a heel, but also not necessarily not a heel.

What exactly is Hangman doing that he wouldn’t just give him the title shot immediately? I don’t see how this scenario wouldn’t make him come off as a a scenario.

The only way I think this idea could possibly work without Hangman coming off as a heel is maybe if Danielson challenged the entire Dark Order to show Hangman what he had coming.

But that would be kind of a dumb thing for him to do instead of just taking the title shot.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:09 PM, matt925 said:

Between the start of aew and now, new japan has come to the Bay Area twice. And this supposedly isn’t until spring, so almost half a year from now. But of course I’ll be excited to go. 

New Japan is coming to Seattle in January. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Went to Twitter to see what some of the AEW guys were saying about Halo: Infinites release today and I realized, Cody has deactivated his Twitter account ?

I believe that may have to do with whatever his response to the Cody sign at the ppv.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

@John from Cincinnati in shambles rn

Nah. I suspect the guy was tired of reading some the absolute garbage people directed at him. Getting off the bird app is nothing but a positive and I'm sure he'll be happier for it. 

Wrestling fans are shit. We don't deserve Cody's tweets. 

Rabid watcher of BTE...probably an apologist for a lot of the stuff on there that gets shit on. Having said that, the Nick Jackson answers unknown callers skit is easily one of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on. It is not funny in the slightest. I have been wrong before, but I get an asshole vibe from Nick that I don't get from Matt. The last few minutes of the latest episode were perfection, though. 

• Like 1