DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

Just now, Matt D said:

Really obsessed and detail-oriented fan fiction that thinks about things way more than the original author did and gets hundred of thousands of views maybe? 

The authors think about this stuff tho. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or has the Adam Cole-hate really died during the first portion of this glorious AEW run?  I can't say as I saw a whole lot of his NXT run, but from what I did I was excited to see him cross over.  I know he was always been considered a strong promo, but from what I saw of that NXT run he always seemed a bit too serious which came off as corny (clearly due to their awful scripts).  In AEW thus far there feels like a great sense of humour at work.  He seems to be channeling some Frank TJ Mackey mixed with a dash of Kenny Powers, and I'm very amused and very entertained.  And I very much believe the hype.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

I have been impressed with Cole in AEW so far. He hasn't had a super epic singles match yet, so his worst tendencies may still rear their head, but even against JB he kept it within the realm of decency.

I do wonder what the plan is with KOR, because I doubt you want 7 or 8 guys in a bloated main event heel faction. Seems like with Cole leaving Fish out to dry last night that maybe ReDragon will be a separate thing? ?‍♂️ Regardless, we will almost assuredly be getting O'Reilly in the mix and I'm so psyched for that. ReDragon added to the stacked tag division would be welcome. O'Reilly mixing it up with the grapple bois and Danielson would be incredible too. Pure title! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Really obsessed and detail-oriented fan fiction that thinks about things way more than the original author did and gets hundred of thousands of views maybe? 

You are literally describing a screenplay ?

• Kingston told the New York Post about why he wrote his Players’ Tribune article and opened up about battling depression: “It’s very weird and I don’t like the attention. I did the article not to get attention, I did the article thinking maybe it will help one person. But the response has been pretty overwhelming. When I got very uncomfortable, thank God for my girlfriend for calming me down, because I was just screaming in my house like what is going on. Why are people hitting me up and telling me I did this and that and I inspired this and that. I didn’t get it. But I accept it and if it does help out one person that’s all I care about.”

Eddie Kingston's great. Thank you, Eddie.

• Like 1

Sorry, the stupid spelling is apparently reDRagon. Bucks and reDRagon have had so many great matches in ROH and I have zero problem with them running that back. I had tuned out of WWE but apparently FTR worked reDRagon back in 2019? A friend said it was good but that they definitely have a better match in them. Sign me up for that better match. Then you can phase Fish out after a year or two and Kyle can go solo.

Honestly, I would still love a trios-title, or at least a trios tournament

Cassidy+Best Friends

Silence and Violence (Mox/Kingston/??? (obviously if Owens/Steen signs with AEW, this would be a crazy spot for him to get into, just three violent dudes running RAMPAGE over everything)

Dark Order (possibly two teams?)

A hardy Family office team

Team Taz

FTR/Miro

Sammy G/Proud and Powerful

Young Bucks/Adam Cole

We're at 8-9 teams already, and we don't have folks like Punk/Bryan/Omega/Jericho/Page involved yet.

Now I'm going to have to book this tournament in TEW just to see how great it could be.

Just came to post this, dark horse could be one of Danielson's best matches since returning. Would love it if he runs through singles matches with all members of DO on his way to Hangman. Want to see him 1 v 1 vs. Silver, Grayson, Ten, Angels, Reynolds, Colt, they'd all be good, because of course they would.

• Like 1