Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021


The Natural
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Peck said:

This will make some happy.

Between the start of aew and now, new japan has come to the Bay Area twice. And this supposedly isn’t until spring, so almost half a year from now. But of course I’ll be excited to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Nice article. 2 main takeaways

1) I’m super old and out of touch with modern music

and more importantly

2) “Hip-hop and professional wrestling work so perfectly together, but wrestling usually features rock music. Or if it’s hip-hop, it’s Pitbull or Flo Rida”

Dropped that in for us, didn’t you Lee? 🙂

 

Hey, I think a wrestler on Dark should call himself Florida Pitbull! And come out to some generic rock music!

Edited by Shartnado
Typo
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Lee Moriarty got interviewed by Pitchfork about his psych-up music, which is pretty cool.

Takeaway here for the ppl in power listening... beats over butt rock.  

And Coach Tony can we get ‘Anti-Matter’ by King Geedorah (aka MF DOOM) for young Lee’s TAIGASTYLE entrance? 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Wonder if the live broadcast time would change for those, or if the Dynamite show will start at 5 pm Pacific. How did WWE handle this?

I think Dynamite just started going live on the West Coast a few weeks ago, so they’re already on at 5 pm there. I think WWE tapes shows and airs them live in the market, so that might be what they’ll do. 

Edited by (BP)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Wonder if the live broadcast time would change for those, or if the Dynamite show will start at 5 pm Pacific. How did WWE handle this?

 Raw and smackdown have always aired at 8pm pst even if they are taped here. Next year on tbs I’m assuming they will go back to 8pm pst because of the ratings hit they’ve taken. 
 

Nitro aired live here at 5 so I would watch nitro and raw back to back. It was glorious. Live is how I prefer it but I understand if they go back to 8. That 10pm nonsense is what freaked me out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, there were plans to go to the west coast last year until covid fucked everything up. 

New japan had even worse stuff to deal with and they’ve been out here twice. Aew is already making a third teturn trip to certain markets. It truly doesn’t make any sense to me. Why run Newark again when they could come out here first?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

FDe8BbpXMAMj913?format=jpg&name=medium

Soon, ladies and gents!

The Observer apparently had an anonymous wrestler tell them this, about real life beef between the two:

Quote

A wrestler/subscriber noted to us after watching the Kingston-Punk segment on Rampage, “I can fully vouch for Eddie’s promo on Punk the other night. I was sitting right there in an IWA Mid South locker room when Punk called Eddie and his partner at the time, Blackjack Marciano, fat, lazy and unsafe. Marciano had just accidentally injured Delirious in a previous match and Punk was hot about it, so just buried them nonstop. I could see why Eddie hung onto that hate and anger for so long."

They've obviously squashed it, since Kingston was one of the people psyching Punk up for his debut at the First Dance, but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

The Observer apparently had an anonymous wrestler tell them this, about real life beef between the two:

They've obviously squashed it, since Kingston was one of the people psyching Punk up for his debut at the First Dance, but still.

CM Punk's Ring of Honor dojo trainees were also in the three-way tag in question. That was when Ian was booking giant super indy dream match cards in front of 50 people because he thought the tapes would all make TPI '04 money - the card featured Super Dragon, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Petey Williams, Alex Shelley, Nigel McGuinness, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Claudio Castagnoli, Mercedes Martinez, Chris Sabin, BJ Whitmer, Abyss, Chris Candido (no Hero or Cabana)... literally more talent booked than fans in the crowd. I think I have the tape. And boy howdy, that musta been a weird middle school locker room to be in.

You gotta wonder if CM Punk would have went off on Kingston if he wasn't surrounded by so many of his esteemed contemporaries, or if his young charges weren't there to see it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

CM Punk's Ring of Honor dojo trainees were also in the three-way tag in question. That was when Ian was booking giant super indy dream match cards in front of 50 people because he thought the tapes would all make TPI '04 money - the card featured Super Dragon, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Petey Williams, Alex Shelley, Nigel McGuinness, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Claudio Castagnoli, Mercedes Martinez, Chris Sabin, BJ Whitmer, Abyss, Chris Candido (no Hero or Cabana)... literally more talent booked than fans in the crowd. I think I have the tape. And boy howdy, that musta been a weird middle school locker room to be in.

You gotta wonder if CM Punk would have went off on Kingston if he wasn't surrounded by so many of his esteemed contemporaries, or if his young charges weren't there to see it.

Ha! I was at this show.  And yes, there was no one there. It was such a small crowd and look at that lineup of talent! It was Evansville, IN in fall of ‘04 I believe. I think that show is on IWTV. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Log said:

Ha! I was at this show.  And yes, there was no one there. It was such a small crowd and look at that lineup of talent! It was Evansville, IN in fall of ‘04 I believe. I think that show is on IWTV. 

This one?

Spoiler

AUTUMN ARMAGEDDON

IWA MID-SOUTH WRESTLING

Thursday, October 21st, 2004

From Evansville, Indiana - Featuring: 

  • Davey Andrews vs Nate Webb vs Ryan Boz
  • Chad Collyer vs Nigel McGuinness 
  • Ace Steel and Chad Collyer vs Nigel McGuinness and Roderick Strong
  • Alex Shelley vs CM Punk
  • NWA Midwest Women's Title Match: Mercedes Martinez vs MsChif
  • The Wild Cards (Eddie Kingston and Jack Marciano) vs Anthony Franco and Evan Starsmore vs Claudio Castagnoli and Delirious 
  • Chris Candido vs Danny Daniels
  • Shane Hagadorn vs Matt Turner
  • Samoa Joe vs Abyss
  • BJ Whitmer vs Super Dragon
  • IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title Match: Arik Cannon vs Austin Aries
  • IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title Match: AJ Styles vs Petey Williams vs Chris Sabin vs Christopher Daniels 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Takeaway here for the ppl in power listening... beats over butt rock.  

And Coach Tony can we get ‘Anti-Matter’ by King Geedorah (aka MF DOOM) for young Lee’s TAIGASTYLE entrance? 

 

Great song...little heavy on some words that might not be conducive entertainment for all ages, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Casey said:

 

 

I'm guessing episode three will be dropped today before the PPV, but these are incredibly well made "the journey so far" videos for Hangman. Like... very, very well done. Everyone should watch them.

This is great. Haven't watched rampage yet (doesn't sound like I missed much) but Iove this dorky attention to detail stuff. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...