DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

51 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Fuego 2 is going to be Cody's way to a world title shot.

Brilliant!!

OHHHH SHIIIIIIT that's the 4D chess we're always talking about.  He makes you think he's working a throwaway C show comedy deal, but really he's 2021 Midnight Rider.  Just when you think you've got the answers, Cody changes the questions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Fuego 2 is going to be Cody's way to a world title shot.

Brilliant!!

Then Cody can have his mega heel run and lose the title to Eddie Kingston allowing everything to come full circle once more (since Cody was Eddie's debut match).

• Like 3

If you only had five NJPW to AEW choices like Minoru Suzuki/KENTA/Yuji Nagata/Satoshi Kojima, who?

I'd choose Kazuchika Okada as my #1 pick, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Zack Sabre Jr and Yano. Feels weird leaving out Tomohiro Ishii, Shingo Takagi and Kota Ibushi for Yano.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

If you only had five NJPW to AEW choices like Minoru Suzuki/KENTA/Yuji Nagata/Satoshi Kojima, who?

I'd choose Kazuchika Okada as my #1 pick, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Zack Sabre Jr and Yano. Feels weird leaving out Tomohiro Ishii, Shingo Takagi and Kota Ibushi for Yano.

I'd go Naito, Okada, Shingo, Ibushi, and ZSJ (would have had Suzuki on that list originally, and super happy to have seen his AEW debut in person). Unlike many others, I would be cool with Ospreay, but would guess that the majority of fans may not be.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I'd go Naito, Okada, Shingo, Ibushi, and ZSJ (would have had Suzuki on that list originally, and super happy to have seen his AEW debut in person). Unlike many others, I would be cool with Ospreay, but would guess that the majority of fans may not be.

I'd have had Minoru Suzuki as well. Thankfully his AEW appearance came to pass. I don't want Will Ospreay. Never got him or Marty Scrull. What a fall for Marty. We thought he'd be AEW if he'd not signed with ROH as head booker to #SpeakingOut and NJPW not taking him back due to fan outrage.

Edited by The Natural

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I'd have had Minoru Suzuki as wel. Thankfully his appearance came to pass. I don't want Will Ospreay. Never got him or Marty Scrull. What a fall for Marty. We thought he'd be AEW if he'd not signed with ROH as head booker to #SpeakingOut and NJPW not taking him back due to fan outrage.

I had become a massive Marty Scurll fan in the couple of years before Speaking Out, and thought it really hurt both parties when he turned down AEW for ROH (though there was the BTE tease before Double or Nothing 2020 after that). Damn though did AEW dodge one on that, as he would have likely been in the Brodie Lee role as the Exalted One in the Dark Order. 

To get the conversation back to non-heathens, as much as it would be cool to see New Japan guys in AEW rings, New Japan badly needs some AEW starpower to top off their big shows, especially since everything remains so stale there and they are afraid to push anyone new in the main event unless absolutely necessary (even the Shingo push may not have happened if guys like Naito and Okada weren't so banged up at the time). It is probably too late for AEW guys to get on the Wrestle Kingdom cards (Even though I'm having a horrible time imagining how they are going to create three nights of quality wrestling for that).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I had become a massive Marty Scurll fan in the couple of years before Speaking Out, and thought it really hurt both parties when he turned down AEW for ROH (though there was the BTE tease before Double or Nothing 2020 after that). Damn though did AEW dodge one on that, as he would have likely been in the Brodie Lee role as the Exalted One in the Dark Order. 

To get the conversation back to non-heathens, as much as it would be cool to see New Japan guys in AEW rings, New Japan badly needs some AEW starpower to top off their big shows, especially since everything remains so stale there and they are afraid to push anyone new in the main event unless absolutely necessary (even the Shingo push may not have happened if guys like Naito and Okada weren't so banged up at the time). It is probably too late for AEW guys to get on the Wrestle Kingdom cards (Even though I'm having a horrible time imagining how they are going to create three nights of quality wrestling for that).

Yeah, NJPW really need some AEW talent to freshen things up. The booking and matches going too long doesn't help either. Need something particularly running three Wrestle Kingdom nights and how it's the 50th anniversary of NJPW. Good luck drawing WK.

Edited by The Natural

31 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Edit: too many AEW threads.

Is Countdown to Full Gear just going to be a recap show with some interviews? I feel like they have enough of that with the webstuff and podcast with Khan today, etc.

I’ve never sat through a full Countdown, but I’m pretty sure it’s just an hour of the content they’ll replay during the Buy In and between matches at Full Gear. 

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Lee Moriarty got interviewed by Pitchfork about his psych-up music, which is pretty cool.

Nice article. 2 main takeaways

1) I’m super old and out of touch with modern music

and more importantly

2) “Hip-hop and professional wrestling work so perfectly together, but wrestling usually features rock music. Or if it’s hip-hop, it’s Pitbull or Flo Rida”

Dropped that in for us, didn’t you Lee? ?

• Like 4