DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2021

The Natural

12 hours ago, Teflon Turtle said:

It can be hard to recognize in the moment, but those types of choices around stuff like this - especially when there are kids involved - can truly have generational consequences. If Mox made the choice to seek treatment with his family in mind first, my respect for him is up tenfold.

One hopes that AEW can be a supportive environment (seemingly so, based on what we've seen from wrestlers speaking up online) so Mox can continue to succeed with this and his family can reap the benefits. 

Considering that at least 3 of their upper level performers are straight edge, I think Mox could find supportive people.

• Like 3

@JLowe Very true, and now that you mention it, it's definitely more than three. Punk being the most obvious. I don't think Omega or Danielson drink at all. Young Bucks...I don't recall if they've come right out and said they're straightedge, but I don't believe they've ever been into anything at all. Dustin Rhodes has experience with turning his life around.

I guess my thought was also whether Mox is actually that close with any of these guys, and if not, would either side be comfortable building those bridges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teflon Turtle said:

@JLowe Very true, and now that you mention it, it's definitely more than three. Punk being the most obvious. I don't think Omega or Danielson drink at all. Young Bucks...I don't recall if they've come right out and said they're straightedge, but I don't believe they've ever been into anything at all. Dustin Rhodes has experience with turning his life around.

I guess my thought was also whether Mox is actually that close with any of these guys, and if not, would either side be comfortable building those bridges.

Defector actually wrote about this and mentioned Omega, Young Bucks, and Sammy in addition my three of Punk, Danielson, and Allin so you were pretty spot on.

Put them on tv. All of them are better than the bunny, Anna Jay, and Penelope Ford. Lulu included. You don't need to drop the others but put them on TV, man.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

I feel like Ford has plateaued and not gotten any better since that initial pandemic bump in Daily's Place. I find no joy watching Bunny matches. Emi is clearly not at her peak but she can still go. I like her building an army. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, just drew said:

Can we not get into needless Anna Jay slander? 

If I ever complain about Anna Jay being on my TV,  send help. I've been kidnapped, and I'm trying to send a clandestine signal for a rescue. 

• Haha 8

So Lulu is probably the least athletic wrestler of all time. But that is part of her gimmick. She is a journalist who has become a pro wrestler. She lost every singles match she was in, almost always lost tag matches as the weak link, and barely gets offense. Her story is about determination and pure love of pro wrestling. She gets her ass kicked and always promises to learn and get better/tougher. And she does. She has a whole long ass storyline with Chris Brookes, whom joked around with Lulu, then joined pencil army because it was cute, then got frustrated with losing because of Lulu, and they feuded. Their 30 minute iron person match from earlier this year in chocopro was fucking fantastic. Can't look for it right now but it shouldn't be hard to find. All of chocopro is free, no pay wall. Just again, she is not good in the traditional sense but her love of pro wrestling and will is beautiful to watch. 

• Like 4

Dave Meltzer snowflakes for Bryan Danielson's AEW matches in singles:

Vs. Eddie Kingston, ****3/4.

Vs. Dustin Rhodes, ****1/4.

Vs. Bobby Fish, ****.

Vs. Minoru Suzuki, ****3/4.

Vs. Nick Jackson, ****1/2.

Vs. Kenny Omega, *****.

---

What a run. That's about 6 Bryan Danielson matches Meltzer has given ****3/4 to. I went ***** for 9 of his matches including vs. Kenny Omega and Minoru Suzuki.

• Like 2

So next week, AEW will be running first run shows from 4 different cities/venues...Elevation from Independence, MO, Dark from St. Louis, MO, Dynamite from Indianapolis, IN, and Rampage from Minneapolis, MN. Pretty cool.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Dark spoilers here, since it's being taped before the live Rampage.

I guess @Jiji isn't gonna be around these parts anymore ?

Hide contents

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck. Man. That guy fucking sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Not gonna lie, I forgot he had even made an appearance in AEW before. They were right when they coined 2020 as a slow motion apocalypse because jesus, I've forgotten a lot of stuff from those early pandemic shows. It was hard to transition from packed arenas to... Austin Gunn.

• Haha 1