DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

My name is just a random word I made up so it would be easier to not find it in use elsewhere. Used to have Thanatos as a last name which was related more to my interest in mythology (mostly Greek) and general idea of death characters being kind of cool when you're younger.

41 minutes ago, D.Z said:

I used to be DragonZombie, now it's just D.Z.  Both letters stand for nothing now.

Enjoy.

I thought as much. Kind of surprised no one else seemed to guess this.

• Like 3

I watched the Ultimate Warriors WCW debut yesterday for the first time since it aired. Man the look on Hogan's face as Warrior kept going on and on was priceless. What did Hogan expect though because Warrior pretty much knew he was just there to dive for Hogan so did He actually believe Warrior was going to put Hulk over on the Mic knowing he was pretty much just brought in to lay down for him in the end.

If Warrior really wanted to actually have a run in WCW, I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to work against Hulk at all. It would have been interesting to see if Hulk would have wanted Warrior as his Side kick like he convinced Savage to be. We all know Hogan is smart for convincing Savage to be his sidekick, Warrior was way to smart for that.

• Like 2

I used to change my username quite often on this board but my first few years were under the name Exit (I liked the U2 song at the time) and my longest serving name was Cameron Swift. There was an Irish children's writer named Carolyn Swift. I never read her books but I liked how her name rolled off the tongue. Cameron was chosen because I liked Jeff Hardy at the time. In recent years I've become a fan of Jonathan Swift (my avatar has been confused for Voltaire on here once or twice; I like him too and once considered Swiftaire as a cool sounding username. Somewhat coincidentally l grew up beside a road named after Swift as he was known to have spent time in the area 300 years ago.) and additionally my stepdaughter's boyfriend is named Cameron so I dropped the first name from all my online stuff.

Edit: Also coincidentally I googled Cameron Swift once and it turned out there's a real life guy with my made up name living in the same city, so I always found it funny that people would think that guy was responsible for my online gibberish should they come across it and know him in real life.

Edited by Swift
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Egg from the Survivor Series is at the Ole Miss/Mississippi State game tonight. The WWE really knows how to get their talent on the big shows.

/s

*Egg gets over*

"The WWE has come to terms on the release of the Survivor Series Gooker Egg. WWE wishes the Egg the best of luck in its future endeavors."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh, uh, it's my name. Nothing fun about it. Just a boring ass name except for when all of my friends quote the movie Friday. And there was an episode of Veep that accurately captured how annoying this name is. I have thought about changing my name to how hostesses at restaurants spell my name, which is anything from Kriegh, Kreg, Crayg, and...Frank?

Other names on PSN, Xbox, Magic Arena, Valorant, and some other shit are just variations of something to do with the Chicago Cubs or Okada. 

• Like 2

My favourite Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy CAW was Carl Sturm, (concept - what if me, but Kevin Nash?) and he then graduated to being an e-fed character (what if ECW Rhino, but more misogynistic and with the vocabulary of an eighteen year old who writes a lot of English literature essays?) CRF is the initials of a line from the second Glassjaw album.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Shit, that would be, like, fast approaching the standard level of 2021 global misogyny! And it was probably an outrageous character at the time!

Looking back, he was kind of a giant, Kenta Kobashi move stealing incel. In defence of the totally well adjusted teenager who was writing for him, the narrator usually kept at least a bit of ironic distance from his actions.

• Like 1

See the whole thing on Survivor Series (and Raw) about Rock's fancy Easter Egg? The thing I don't get is, why did Netflix give a whole bunch of money to promote their movie, on Peacock? Isn't that a bit like the Washington Post buying ad space in Model Train Enthusiast magazine?

• Haha 1

My username is because I had just watched the film 300 which tells you how long I have been lurking on this board. I shortened it so Rippa would have less to type in the film best of lists. This username has lasted longer than Gerard Butler's career God bless him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

My username is because I had just watched the film 300 which tells you how long I have been lurking on this board. I shortened it so Rippa would have less to type in the film best of lists. This username has lasted longer than Gerard Butler's career God bless him.

GB's not a thing anymore? Damn. Is he still alive, though?

6 hours ago, Shartnado said:

GB's not a thing anymore? Damn. Is he still alive, though?

The last time I saw a movie with him, I Googled "Is Gerard Butler okay?" because his face was perpetually red and he looked constantly winded and in pain.

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Gerard's still working, not sure if he qualifies as being "a thing" though. For some reason, a fourth(~!) movie in the Olympus Has Fallen series is coming next year. 

He is in the "Mid major studios needs someone with at least a little name recognition for their action movie that would have been straight-to-DVD 15 years ago and they're not too choosy" stage of his career. He's a primary beneficiary of studios pushing out an absurd amount of content. He's also producing pretty much everything he is in, which will help keep your career somewhat off life support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AxB said:

See the whole thing on Survivor Series (and Raw) about Rock's fancy Easter Egg? The thing I don't get is, why did Netflix give a whole bunch of money to promote their movie, on Peacock? Isn't that a bit like the Washington Post buying ad space in Model Train Enthusiast magazine?

Netflix is just the distributor. Rock's a producer for the film.

• Thanks 1