DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

22 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Seems Johnny Gargano might be done with NXT. He will probably end up joining AEW.

I just read the following:

"Johnny had a high level meeting with Vince on smackdown. Vince is reported to be very high on Johnny and has ordered creative to write storylines for him."

BRUCE TELL BEARCAT WE HAVE A MANAGER FOR HIM PAL

Umm, Vince, we fired Bearcat.

GOD DAMMMMMIITTTTTTTTT

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

"Johnny had a high level meeting with Vince on smackdown. Vince is reported to be very high on Johnny and has ordered creative to write storylines for him."

he has to specifically tell his creative staff which wrestlers to write for?

Hmm, that "creative has nothing for you" line has finally been exposed for the truth that we all knew it to be.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Re: The non-depressing version. How do you feel about frozen yogurt stands? Like, are they something that you would suggest to a friend in distress?

If that's what helps them be in less distress, sure, but any dessert where you have to pay by weight isn't my ideal solution to relieve distress.

A year ago I would've not been too stoked about Gargano maybe showing up in AEW, but between his recent work and seeing what Adam Cole can do without the "HBK-coached drama" attached, yeah gimme Johnny Frickin' Wrestling on Wednesdays and Fridays. 

Although I'd rather have had Ciampa ?

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, tbarrie said:

My last name is "Barrie". My first name starts with "T".

That one's going to be hard to top, I realize.

My first name is Ryan. Astonishing. DEAN has me beat though.

• Haha 1

It’s amazing to me that Vince apparently thinks the “let’s talk for a few minutes, then I act like I see big things for you and demand creative write something for you” trick will still work after 1) the Adam Cole thing and everything revealed about the dogshit plans for him and 2) everything that’s come out over the past few years about scripts being torn up before Raw.  The one thing Vince ever said that wasn’t a lie is that he undoubtedly has some balls.  

“I am high on you and will ask creative to write some storylines” the WWE equivalent of the car salesman saying “I’ll run these numbers by my manager.”

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

At one point in my life my favorite wrestler was The Blue Meanie.
At the time, I was looking for a new screen name for myself. I liked how the Meanie name sounded, but my favorite color is green. With Blue Meanie's permission, I adopted The Green Meanie ever since.

Y'know, I'd long suspected it had something to do with weed.

Learn something new etc. ?

11 hours ago, AxB said:

When computer games first started in the early 80s, if you got a highscore you got to put your name in. Only your name had to be only 3 letters long, so almost everyone just used their initials (I knew one guy who used his first name, but he was called Bow). Now, I don't have a middle name, so I only had two initials. And to begin with, you couldn't put a space, so I needed a third initial. Went with the most interesting letter in my first name.

Then when the internet came along, as far as I was concerned computers already knew me as AXB, so I just made the middle letter lower case because it stands for nothing, and it makes my name look like algebra. 

My brain has been telling me to call you "A times B" this whole time!

• Haha 2

Well… Brandon is my unfortunate real life first name.  

I chose Bones as a last name for a bunch of reasons.  I used to be a skinny little fuck with boney ribby ribs and buggy whip arms.  I guess the alliteration made me think it would work as a wrestling/screen name pseudonym.  

Plus my real last name is 12 letters of unpronounceable nonsense.  I’m half to actually changing my name for reals.

Edited by Brandon Bones

Bobby Who was the name of an enhancement talent in the very beginning days of Monday Night Raw (1993) that just stuck out in my memory, because jobbers usually had "real" sounding names so why did he have an obvious alias like the stars when he clearly wasn't on that level?

I spell it Whioux because I wanted it to be different from the actual ring name, but sound the same to make the reference clear.  So I stole the idea from Siouxsie Sioux, because I thought it was clever when she did it.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 3:37 PM, Brandon Bones said:

I’m not going to swear on it.  But I’ve heard it mentioned (through some sort of media I consume) that AEWs merch side of things is really disorganized to the point they might not be doing what they could be doing.  The suggestion being that while they manage to sell out on T-shirt’s and popular items.  They could be doing more but don’t seem to have the inventory to meet it.  

I don’t know.  I’m not even particularly sure of where I’m sourcing this from.  So take it with a grain.

I went to all 3 AEW Pittsburgh events. The first one pre-covid merch was everywhere and easy to find, wasn't high priced like WWE at their shows (always bothered me you could knowingly get the same shirt at hot topic for far less).   But the most recent show my friend and I didn't even see the merch. I had another friend tell me he saw the shirts and they only had a handful of designs and they were all $30 or $35 a pop (again most you can find at Hot Topic for cheaper)  I am sure they sell a shit ton but it should never be a chore to find the merch booth, it should be front and center when you go into an arena.  WWE has multiple booths usually. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

BRUCE TELL BEARCAT WE HAVE A MANAGER FOR HIM PAL

Umm, Vince, we fired Bearcat.

GOD DAMMMMMIITTTTTTTTT

LMAO funny because my username is actually based off of Gargano. A few of us were hanging out after a show and brought up the board here. Gargano mentioned being a lurker as I was and I believe it was Facade, Shima Xion (Joquin Wilde or whatever the fuck they call him now) and Chuck Taylor who were also with us bullshitting about the local indy messageboard (anyone remember that??)  Well Gargano's theme at the time was painted by numbers by the Sounds and the song came on and I said "fuck this would make a great screen name" and I decided I would use it.  I've always been amazed by the number of wrestlers who admit to lurking on here but never actually made an account. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:49 PM, Dog said:

Apparently TBS is in more homes.

EDIT: 20 million more, according to Meltzer.

I rarely say this but I am 99% sure Meltz is just straight wrong on this one, at least in the US they were virtually identical when I last checked how many homes they were in six or so months back when the TBS move was first announced. They are negotiated together by Turner, I can't see any way one gained or lost 20 million homes in under a year.

Funnily enough I am currently on xfinity and they are on 825 and 826 on the HD line-up, I guess it varies greatly by area of the country.