DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

7 hours ago, Dog said:

Yeah, but Rey had a CARTOON!

I think? ?

I had no idea what you were talking about, until I google'd it. Looks like it still hasn't come out yet, though.

Not the same company, but apparently Disney is working on a Blue Demon cartoon.

What a world.

Chris Dickinson got injured hitting a Frog Splash on the NJPW show on Saturday night. Dislocated his hip and fractured his hip socket. Out six months, but he reckons he can make it back in five. Brody King set up a gofundme for him without asking, because he knew Chris would refuse permission if he did ask.

So between Starboy Charlie, Mance Warner and Danhausen all breaking their legs the same weekend, and now that, someone has clearly put a hex on the US indie circuit.

Apparently Walter got divorced from his car, and is now willing to move to America because he's dating some other female wrestler or something.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:50 PM, Sublime said:

Danielson has a ton of dream matches, vs Darby, Okada, Ibushi, Naito, Shingo, WALTER, Dragon Lee, Rush, Dunn, Keith Lee, LA Park, the list can go on and on. 

Great list, but you forgot ZSJ.. 

I'd love to see Keith Lee and Samoa Joe slap meat for twenty minutes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Apparently Walter got divorced from his car, and is now willing to move to America because he's dating some other female wrestler or something.

Vince and the boys are already working diligently to plan out six months' worth of:

Smart booking, hot matches, and compelling stories, culminating in an eventual big match at a PPV

OR

Gear changes, name changes, and updates to his work style, culminating in his eventual release

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Gear changes, name changes, and updates to his work style, culminating in his eventual release

Its kind of weird, I haven't even watched WWE in a long time, but I just have this gut feeling Vince is going to love Walter's no nonsense style. Part of me wonders if the Cesaro matches were not only just for the European fans, but also a clandestine main roster tryout of sorts.

13 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Its kind of weird, I haven't even watched WWE in a long time, but I just have this gut feeling Vince is going to love Walter's no nonsense style. Part of me wonders if the Cesaro matches were not only just for the European fans, but also a clandestine main roster tryout of sorts.

Vince probably does love it, but just can't resist the urge to force WALTER to dance every week on television. Because he also finds the "mat is sacred" mantra to be sacrilegious to his Sports Entertainment.

Edited by Shartnado
Less pronouns, pal!
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

WALTER coming in is probably confusing for Vince. How do you shorten someones name when it is already just a first name. How many weeks before he's WALT?

WALT? no no no, WALLY Von Goethe, later g=cchanged to just GOETHEE

James

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
19 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

WALTER coming in is probably confusing for Vince. How do you shorten someones name when it is already just a first name. How many weeks before he's WALT?

Whipper Walter Watson, WwW for short. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

A colleague informed me that apparently K&H has gone out of business. I would venture to say that 90% of the boots, and most of the ring gear, that was used in the Sixties, Seventies and early Eighties came from Karl and Hildegarde. It was a big deal in the indy lockerrooms if someone broke out a new pair of K&H boots, and many schools would not train you if you did not have wrestling boots at all. Their masks were quaint, but everything else was the highest quality. I remember calling up to order and Hildegarde answered, which I found out was the norm. They also had some of the last custom made shoe lasts for both rodeo boots and clown shoes, which were other sources of income and often overlapped design-wise with their wrestling customers.

This news affects me much like the death of a favorite worker would, in the sense that it is the end of an era, and those that come after will never know about this facet of the biz. Well, let a thousand kick-pads bloom.

(too important for the Merch Thread, too personal for the RIP thread)

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I have a Highspots Halloween (the luchador) mask that has held up pretty well for years.  The only design qualm I have about it is the stem on top of the head is too big.  But hey, my six year old loves to run around the house in it and that's a fucking trip.

I don't watch a ton of lucha and had forgotten what the mask looked like so I googled it, and now I feel like an absolute idiot for not knowing Halloween and Ciclope are the same person. The more you know!

• Thanks 1