DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

20 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Paul Wight vs Shaq

I mean, you joke, but that'd be a pretty giant middle finger to the company who tried in vain like four different times to do that...

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Did any NXT UK talent get booked for the WWE UK tour?

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just Walter from the looks of it.

Yes, WALTER's the only NXT UK wrestler to appear on the WWE UK November 2021 Tour. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know why Natural did it but just a FYI - the discussion about Eddie Kingston (and the linked article) are in the AEW thread

Cheers, RIPPA.

Forgot to add I got to see Shayna Baszler for the first time. Me and Dad got lucky getting WALTER vs. Cesaro and Finn Balor vs. Sheamus because the next night Balor was pulled with injury precaution. The card changed to Cesaro beating WALTER by DQ and turning into Cesaro/Drew McIntyre vs. WALTER/Sheamus. I still remember watching DANIEL BRYAN at my first live wrestling show ever, 13th April 2015 on a Sunday. Bryan wrestled on the 16th April Smackdown and that was his final match, retiring till he was cleared in March 2018. To attend my first wrestling show as a lifelong fan since 5 and for Daniel Bryan, the GOAT to be on it is a date I'll always remember.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 14

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Forgot to add I got to see Shayna Baszler for the first time. Me and Dad got lucky getting WALTER vs. Cesaro and Finn Balor vs. Sheamus because the next night Balor was pulled with injury precaution. The card changed to Cesaro beating WALTER by DQ and turning into Cesaro/Drew McIntyre vs. WALTER/Sheamus. I still remember watching DANIEL BRYAN at my first live wrestling show ever, 13th April 2015 on a Sunday. Bryan wrestled on the 16th April Smackdown and that was his final match, retiring till he was cleared in March 2018. To attend my first wrestling show as a lifelong fan since 5 and for Daniel Bryan, the GOAT to be on it is a date I'll always remember.

There's nothing else like seeing it live. It all seems faster, harder. I'm jealous you saw Walter-Cesaro!

• Like 2

Here's the best quality version I found of WALTER vs. Cesaro which I was fortunate to see live. More so when the next two shows had Cesaro/Finn Balor vs. WALTER/Sheamus and Cesaro/Drew McIntyre vs. WALTER/Sheamus instead.

One thing I forgot to mention from the show, Charlotte Flair used her fiance Andrade's El Idolo's spot - the top rope moonsault landing on the feet as the wrestler rolls away into a standing moonsault.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:11 PM, Infinit said:

Has there been anything official as to why Don Callis has been off AEW TV?

The Shadow ain't got shit on you! Seriously though, I thought about this post immediately last night, good call man. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Manchester meanwhile...

If I was to rank the Spice Girls in order of “who could have made the jump to pro-wrestling” then Scary Spice would have been my number one pick.  Totally charismatic, her name is literally “scary” to begin with and she always seemed athletic in their more energetic videos.  Feel like she would have been a great all-rounder.

Sporty would have been the second pick. I feel like her matches would have been great, but promos probably would have needed a bit of work

Ginger, Baby and Posh spice would have made decent managers or valets.  Geri in particular would have made a fine low budget Vickie Guerrero. 

Then again I once ranked the Jersey Shore cast in a similar fashion and did not have Snooki as being the one to look fairly competent in ring on a wrestlemania.

• Like 6

On 11/8/2021 at 3:44 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Given all the releases, are there any dream matches left in WWE?

There's still plenty of money matches/programs they can drop the ball on.

Reigns vs. Goldberg/Rock/Jeff Hardy/babyface AJ Styles/babyface Santos Escobar/Swerve/Bron Breakker.

If they could get out of their boring WrestleMania formula they could main event night one with New Day vs. Bloodline.

Brock vs. Lashley/Bron Breakker.  I also want to see him against Otis and Ivar but they're not going to use him against either of them.

Viking Experience vs. Alpha Experience would be fun too.

On 11/8/2021 at 5:47 PM, Lawful Metal said:

On the other hand, are there any dream AEW matches?

No.

I do want Lio Rush to bring in Keith Lee, Kemonito, and Microman as his new associates.  They all wear top hats and tux tails and Keith "Fatcat" Lee, Al Lush, and Micro The Main Man just strut out to interrupt promos and then strut off to commercial.  No matches necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEN! said:

There's still plenty of money matches/programs they can drop the ball on.

Reigns vs. Goldberg/Rock/Jeff Hardy/babyface AJ Styles/babyface Santos Escobar/Swerve/Bron Breakker.

I think there are plenty of programs they could make money on with decent booking. Actual dream matches though probably ends at Roman/Rock and maybe Roman/Goldberg.

Swerve is too new to the main roster. Escobar and Breakker are still in NXT though both would probably do well fast on the main roster as long as their booking was remotely decent. I'd say WALTER vs. any main eventer on the main roster would probably be bigger right now.

1 hour ago, BEN! said:

If they could get out of their boring WrestleMania formula they could main event night one with New Day vs. Bloodline.

I don't know if it could main event a Wrestlemania, but it easily could have worked for one of the other major ppvs had they not already wasted it on a random Raw when they were building up the draft.