DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

27 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, from what I've gathered, there are no dream matches for any active main roster WWE superstars. 

On the other hand, are there any dream AEW matches?

Danielson versus anyone not named “Cody”. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, from what I've gathered, there are no dream matches for any active main roster WWE superstars. 

I think that's because everyone on the main roster has co-mingled for so long. Any WWE dream matches would need to involve NXT or UKers like WALTER, Ciampa, Dunne, Thatcher and Tyler Bate. (I'm probably missing a couple)

After those promos on Rampage, I want to see Punk vs. Kingston more than match in a long time.  I feel like that match had to have happened somewhere in the 2000's (probably IWA-MS), but Cagematch didn't turn anything up.

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Clarence Mason should play the "But, whose side is he on!?" role.

One of the unintentionally funny moments on STW is Prichard saying Clarence Mason got in trouble backstage because he was giving people real legal advice. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I always got a kick out of all the WCW announcers (including the ostensibly learned Mike Tenay) saying "Ken-sookie"

it took until Daisuke Matsuzaka came to the US for me to figure out that the U in Daisuke/Kensuke wasn't pronounced.

And then I forgot that for a moment when Asuka got big in NXT

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

It should have been Keith Lee. Would have been perfect with Roman being the guy who put Lee down in big SS match a couple of years ago. Now there is basically no one unless they say fuck it and move up Jones or Steiner super fast.

I saw some video of Steiner and they absolutely need to strap the rocket to him. He's a surefire star. He has some of the same "reckless, could do something crazy" aura that his uncle has, not to mention his speaking cadence.

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia

24 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

One of the unintentionally funny moments on STW is Prichard saying Clarence Mason got in trouble backstage because he was giving people real legal advice. 

The attorney scene from Office Space just came to mind.

"Conjugal visits? Mmmm. Not that I know of. Y'know, minimum-security prison is no picnic. I have a client in there right now. He says the trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right. W-Why do you ask, anyway?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Danielson has a long list of dream matches in AEW. Black, Andrade, Fenix, Penta, Darby, Sammy, etc. Pac as well, but that match is way more likely to have already happened than the others.

For Punk: Hangman, MJF, Cole, Orange, even Cody. That's the great thing about bringing Punk and Bryan in together, they have completely different styles and will mesh with different types of opponents. When they each have some creative freedom, they won't actually step on each others' toes all that much.

When Keith Lee shows up, pretty much everyone, but definitely Kenny.

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 1

I'm home from WWE Live. When it was announced last week that WALTER was making a rare appearance on a few WWE house shows and he was going up against Cesaro in a dream match, I was pumped. It's on YouTube.

Enjoy!!!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Pac as well, but that match is way more likely to have already happened than the others.

If Cagematch is to be believed - it's only happened twice, with the most recent being like 12 years ago. The first was almost 15 years ago. Both are wildly different wrestlers now, and it would be fucking incredible.

As for dream matches in WWE... I mean, if they ever run Io vs Bayley and actually give them a good chunk of time... uh, yeah, I'm there. Kind of want to see Candice LeRae vs Becky Lynch too, actually.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm home from WWE Live. When it was announced last week that WALTER was making a rare appearance on a few WWE house shows and he was going up against Cesaro in a dream match, I was pumped. It's on YouTube.

Enjoy!!!

Notes from WWE Live:

• First time seeing WALTER, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tommaso Ciampa, Jeff Hardy, Bron Breakker and Jinder Mahal live.
  • WALTER was a real treat because he rarely does WWE house shows. I can add him to the list of great wrestlers I've seen in person.
  • Don't often see the NXT Champion, Tommaso Ciampa doing overseas house shows either.
  • WALTER vs. Cesaro was the MOTN. Glad you're able to see it here!
  • WWE brought back teases of WALTER vs. Finn Balor. As WALTER was in the ring, Finn Balor started making his entrance and WALTER came down the aisle as Balor celebrated beating Sheamus.
  • Cool seeing Finn Balor vs. Sheamus six years after I saw Balor/Sheamus in November 2015 when Balor was NXT Champion.
  • Really enjoyed the main event between Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks for Flair's WWE Smackdown Women's Championship as the Banks/Flair '16 programme is one of my favourites.
  • The Smackdown house show cards are so better than the RAW house shows in the United Kingdom Tour 2021 November. People with RAW tickets were pissed off seeing what Smackdown had and I would be as well.
  • No Roman Reigns understandably. Only time he's wrestled abroad since the global coronavirus pandemic was at Blood Money 2021.
  • Very few in the audience wearing masks. I'd say five or six including me. Only time I didn't was having my drink.
  • Poor merchandise selection.
Edited by The Natural
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Notes from WWE Live:

• The Smackdown house show cards are so better than the RAW house shows in the United Kingdom Tour 2021 November. People with RAW tickets were pissed off seeing what Smackdown had and I would be as well.

WWE_Live_2021_UK_Matches_RAW6.jpg?strip=

RAW house shows for the WWE Live UK November 2021 Tour.

FDqnNRUVcAQTfhr?format=jpg&name=900x900

Smackdown house shows for the WWE Live UK November 2021 Tour.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

WWE_Live_2021_UK_Matches_RAW6.jpg?strip=

RAW house shows for the WWE Live UK November 2021 Tour.

FDqnNRUVcAQTfhr?format=jpg&name=900x900

Smackdown house shows for the WWE Live UK November 2021 Tour.

Cesaro v Walter looked a hoot. Not back in Sheffield til December but doubt I would have bothered anyway unless that four way had been split up into two singles. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Notes from WWE Live:

• First time seeing WALTER, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tommaso Ciampa, Jeff Hardy, Bron Breakker and Jinder Mahal live.
  • WALTER was a real treat because he rarely does WWE house shows. I can add him to the list of great wrestlers I've seen in person.
  • WALTER vs. Cesaro was the MOTN. Glad you're able to see it here!
  • WWE brought back teases of WALTER vs. Finn Balor. As WALTER was in the ring, Finn Balor started making his entrance and WALTER came down the aisle as Balor celebrated beating Sheamus.

Here's hoping that happens.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

I hope we get Brock v Walter but doubt either will stick around long enough for that to happen. 

Still a WWE dream match of mine. WALTER vs. Cesaro, WALTER vs. Daniel Bryan when Bryan was still in WWE and WALTER vs. Sheamus. Awesome getting one of those and to see it live.

• Like 1