DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

3 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I was confused about why people would compare those two title reigns anyway, but then I saw that they've had Roman as champ on Smackdown! for a long-ass time. 

Do they even have anyone built to take the gold off of him? This should be a chance to create another star. 

yeah, maybe now it would be a good chance to highlight some of the callups that were former NXT Champion. Karrion Kross? Keith Lee? Adam Cole? Aleister Black? Andrade Almas?

hmm. guess it'll have to be Drew McIntyre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Angel was actually a cop in Wichita for a while until he got fired for committing worker's comp fraud. 

I'm not gonna check but... did the workers comp fraud involve claiming wrestling injuries as workplace injuries or did it involve going on the injured list from the legit job while continuing to wrestle?

I say this as someone who was once represented by a state lawmaker who got Social Security disability benefits without telling the feds that he was currently serving in the state legislature. Later on he tried to get state retirement benefits but was rejected because he pled guilty to that federal charge.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I'm not gonna check but... did the workers comp fraud involve claiming wrestling injuries as workplace injuries or did it involve going on the injured list from the legit job while continuing to wrestle?

I say this as someone who was once represented by a state lawmaker who got Social Security disability benefits without telling the feds that he was currently serving in the state legislature. Later on he tried to get state retirement benefits but was rejected because he pled guilty to that federal charge.

It's been a while but I believe it was the former.  The news stories on it are pretty vague but he got his cert revoked over it.

4 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I was confused about why people would compare those two title reigns anyway, but then I saw that they've had Roman as champ on Smackdown! for a long-ass time. 

Do they even have anyone built to take the gold off of him? This should be a chance to create another star. 

CM Punk's WWE World Championship reign was 434 days, and Roman's Universal title reign tied/passed that today, so he'll beat it or already has or something. Although Brock already held the Universal for 504 days, and Bruno's longest reign was over 2500 days, so it's not that big of a deal anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

It should have been Keith Lee. Would have been perfect with Roman being the guy who put Lee down in big SS match a couple of years ago. Now there is basically no one unless they say fuck it and move up Jones or Steiner super fast.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

RE: Henery Hawk being at H2O Wrestling's Onita vs Tremont show:

(From Matt Tremont's wife)

Let me get this straight: A bunch of people are outraged over you know who showing up to an event with the headliner who they came to see who among the numerous fucked up things he's done once tried to work an angle with Invader 1 based on the murder of Bruiser Brody. Do I have this right? 

• Haha 2

Yes, but Onita is a legend with a lot of charisma, and it's the only chance they'll probably ever have to see him, so they're prepared to ignore (or forgive) his transgressions. Whereas Henery Hawk is a twat, just a twat and nothing but a twat. So it's different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure if the filter still exists or if people are just respecting the old filter for a certain person. At this point, i'm not gonna test it.

Also, after looking into the membership of the Truth Commission (no comment about why).. the Mantaur/Tank stint happened slightly before I got into wrestling. So I'm sure there were no plans to have Mantaur and PN News team up in the WWF. A cousin tag team where one member raps and the other doesn't really do much mic work.

Or PN New doing raps to introduce the Truth Commission.

This gimmick is lame

They're Afrikaners from Canada

You should boo them

That's the plan-ada

YO BABY YO

YO BABY YO

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

Let me get this straight: A bunch of people are outraged over you know who showing up to an event with the headliner who they came to see who among the numerous fucked up things he's done once tried to work an angle with Invader 1 based on the murder of Bruiser Brody. Do I have this right? 

I'm sure all the screaming and wanting to crucify Tremont for this will be taken back by Karen Bixenspan and all others that piled on...

Wait, silence, that's what I thought.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

babyface MOM was Oscar rapping and the team not really doing much on the mic, right?

Yes.  I think Oscar did a lot of the talking when the team did promos too, though for a team decently pushed, MoM didn't get mic time very often. 

Mo really got the worst end of it.  Rarely got handed the mic, rarely got an opportunity to look good in the ring.  Mostly was there to make the hot tag to Mabel and eat the pin when the team was doing the job.  In hindsight, it definitely looks like Vince didn't trust him to do much.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm sure all the screaming and wanting to crucify Tremont for this will be taken back by Karen Bixenspan and all others that piled on...

Wait, silence, that's what I thought.

So, in the interest of fairness, it seems Bix has switched to team Tremont as far as wanting to tar and feather H2O over RF being there.

In releated news, Team Onita is claiming H2O and IWTV is stiffing them on the payday, to which is say..

LOFL Fuck Onita.

19 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I could see Jushin/Jyushin being a problem for some people to say... but mispronouncing Masahiro?

"Canadian reads of Mean Gene hotline teases" has potential though

I always got a kick out of all the WCW announcers (including the ostensibly learned Mike Tenay) saying "Ken-sookie"

14 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Given all the releases, are there any dream matches left in WWE?

Walter vs. a handful of guys, and Ciampa vs. Styles maybe? Did Asuka and Io ever get to go full-speed against each other?

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Given all the releases, are there any dream matches left in WWE?

I've wanted to see Roman/Nakamura since the Royal Rumble ending from 2018. WALTER vs various people has already been mentioned. Otherwise, not much.

Edited by Eivion

22 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I've to see wanted to see Roman/Nakamura since the Royal Rumble ending from 2018. WALTER vs various people has already been mentioned. Otherwise, not much.

From October 2019.

Also for what it's worth, it probably won't be much but they are wrestling on the 1 hr Tribute to the Troops special that airs on Fox this coming Sunday

• Like 3