DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I noticed a few months ago during a random match on Smackdown that she'd actually turned into a good worker. "Excellent" might be pushing it, but she's definitely improved from the days when she was constantly doing that weird armpit rubbing thing.

Left off of Survivor Series. Aliyah, who's had zero matches on tv, wasn't. Gotta wonder if it's bc her fiance went "Did you say 'fuck Jay and Silent Bob. Fuck them up their stupid asses?'" on some troll.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, just drew said:

Left off of Survivor Series. Aliyah, who's had zero matches on tv, wasn't. Gotta wonder if it's bc her fiance went "Did you say 'fuck Jay and Silent Bob. Fuck them up their stupid asses?'" on some troll.

Oh god, I hope Matt Riddle never reads some of the stuff I’ve written about him and Randy Orton.  I could be in trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Oh god, I hope Matt Riddle never reads some of the stuff I’ve written about him and Randy Orton.  I could be in trouble.

By the time Riddle got to your house he’d have forgotten what he was doing there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 11/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, hammerva said:

Makes you understand why Corey backtracked him shitting on her on RAW.   Didn't want to get fucked up by his more bad ass and crazy doppleganger

I would just like to say that if this man runs for president he has my 100% support.

• Like 1

Kind of weird that we're praising and joking about the boyfriend of a WWE wrestler beating up a fan for... making troll comments on the internet? Maybe I'm missing something, and the troll was threatening violence or sexual acts. That's the only way that's acceptable. If this troll was just saying Dana Brooke is a shitty wrestler or something... yeah, no, I'm glad that dude got arrested.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Kind of weird that we're praising and joking about the boyfriend of a WWE wrestler beating up a fan for... making troll comments on the internet? Maybe I'm missing something, and the troll was threatening violence or sexual acts. That's the only way that's acceptable. If this troll was just saying Dana Brooke is a shitty wrestler or something... yeah, no, I'm glad that dude got arrested.

It's an easy joke to make, and yeah nobody here wants to get punched for an internet comment, but Dana's dude is clearly a bit of a psychopath. Simultaneously, all internet trolls who relentlessly shit on talent are also pieces of shit. Fuck everybody involved besides Dana because she seems like a good person. 

so i know i'm a week or so late on this, but does the ROH tape library that may or may not be up for sale have much value? 

Obviously All In has value to AEW, but past that? if i understand correctly, it's only the post-2012 that is offered. did any/many big names come through? were there sny standout events? 

9 minutes ago, twiztor said:

so i know i'm a week or so late on this, but does the ROH tape library that may or may not be up for sale have much value? 

Obviously All In has value to AEW, but past that? if i understand correctly, it's only the post-2012 that is offered. did any/many big names come through? were there sny standout events? 

I mean, related to AEW, you've got quite a bit of talent 2012-2021 if they ever did career DVDs or just had a streaming service. 2012 was the year of Kevin Owens/Steen, he headlined almost all of their PPVs (but he's not in AEW... yet). A huge chunk of Adam Cole's career was in ROH, from 2009 to like 2016 or whatever. The Young Bucks obviously, a lot (all?) of the Bullet Club/Elite in America stuff occurred at Ring of Honor shows, besides the odd New Japan event in the States.

But wasn't it said that the tape library isn't for sale? I haven't heard anything about only 2012 and on being up for sale. That would be weird, since Sinclair owns the entire library, not just when they took over.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I mean, related to AEW, you've got quite a bit of talent 2012-2021 if they ever did career DVDs or just had a streaming service. 2012 was the year of Kevin Owens/Steen, he headlined almost all of their PPVs (but he's not in AEW... yet). A huge chunk of Adam Cole's career was in ROH, from 2009 to like 2016 or whatever. The Young Bucks obviously, a lot (all?) of the Bullet Club/Elite in America stuff occurred at Ring of Honor shows, besides the odd New Japan event in the States.

But wasn't it said that the tape library isn't for sale? I haven't heard anything about only 2012 and on being up for sale. That would be weird, since Sinclair owns the entire library, not just when they took over.

It's been clarified that Sinclair owns everything, but only shows from 2012 and up are currently in digital form. There are conflicting stories on whether Sinclair is actively trying to sell it or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Angel Garza's name on WWE.com is now just Angel. Maybe he should challenge former WWE supastar God.

Angel from Da Baldies ended up in Wichita, KS and made some Kansas City area indy appearances, so nobody tell him that somebody "stole" his ringname (every member of Da Baldies is still alive somehow, even Vic Grimes)

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Angel from Da Baldies ended up in Wichita, KS and made some Kansas City area indy appearances, so nobody tell him that somebody "stole" his ringname (every member of Da Baldies is still alive somehow, even Vic Grimes)

Tony Devito is apparently still wrestling which is crazy (not Mike Jackson crazy but still) since he was WWF job guy back in the early 90s.

9 hours ago, (BP) said:

By the time Riddle got to your house he’d have forgotten what he was doing there. 

Yeah, and you could be like: "Oh, hey Bro! Here's that bag of Cheetoz I promised you and here, have a bag of Oreos, too! You must be SO hungry at this point! Nice seeing you, Bro, but I really need to be somewhere. Bye!"

• Like 1

Next Friday I’m going to the West Coast Pro show, West Coast vs the World in South San Francisco, then on Saturday I’m going to New Japan Battle in the Valley in San Jose. Then when I get home I watch the aew ppv. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Angel's ECW promos were pretty awesome, when he would say "Papaaaa" and it sounded so sinister and menacing. Then he and his cohorts would take off their hats and go "We're DA BALDEEEEEEZ" and all that menace disappeared.

I  remember when P.N. News was briefly in the Baldies. For some reason, his terrible, homophobic cheap heat rap (which I now think was pre-Baldies) has stuck in my head all these years later.  Sure, I can't remember what the four digit code is to lock/unlock my cable box, but I can recite "I've been around the world from Philly to Bombay/If you come from Philly then you must be gay/My name is PN News and I make the big bucks/Cuz everybody knows that Philly sucks/Yo baby yo baby yo" despite not having seen the clip in 20ish years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Angel was actually a cop in Wichita for a while until he got fired for committing worker's comp fraud. 

8 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Angel was actually a cop in Wichita for a while until he got fired for committing worker's comp fraud. 

He couldn't do this with the NYPD? He had to move to Wichita to do this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The bolded part definitely sounds like something one of Da Baldies would do.

I guess you could say he took his gimmick.... TO THE EXTREME!

Csi Miami David Caruso Sunglasses GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

He couldn't do this with the NYPD? He had to move to Wichita to do this?

I think the deal was he got married to a lady from the Wichita 'burbs but don't quote me on that part of it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I think the deal was he got married to a lady from the Wichita 'burbs but don't quote me on that part of it.

I would figure as much. It's either significant other or opened up a wrestling school.

That said, that's either the plot of an independent movie that doesn't make the cut at Sundance or a bad stereotype of what wrestlers getting into a life of crime after wrestling. Maybe both.

2 hours ago, caley said:

I  remember when P.N. News was briefly in the Baldies.

I ended up watching one of the shows he's on several months ago. I think that's one of the signs ECW was starting to jump the shark/Skynet becomes self aware. Some years prior, Cactus Jack is in ECW cutting promos and making fun of the over the top, shitty gimmicks from 1991 Hera era WCW including PN News. Years later, P.N. is in ECW and somehow more lame than he was WCW. I get that Heyman did more than a serviceable job at repackaging people, but I don't get trying to do that with P.N. News. That's his version of a heat check IMO. "I did it with Mr. J.L., one half of the Dynamic Dudes, and Aldo Montoya....P.N. News shouldn't be that hard." Little did he know.

One thing I really hate is seeing people on twitter saying he had the better championship reign Punk or Roman.  I like both but Punk had to deal with shitty booking while Roman had to deal with the pandemic.  Both guys did great merch wise and were considered the best by the majority of fans.  It just seems like everything has to be who's better than who, or AEW vs WWE anymore and it's really shitty. You can like both ya know?!

• Like 3