DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

They're Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith who played Jay and Silent Bob, respectively.  Kevin has been quite active on and off screen directing and they had a whole slew of movies that had the same people in them.  If you're curious I'd check out "Clerks", "Mallrats" and "Dogma" then go from there.

And outside of here Silent Bob is my friend's spirit animal.  He's been dressing as him for Halloween for many years and would seamlessly fit right into what they do.

I meant who the fuck hasn't seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? But thank you.

Edited by Shartnado
Thanks anyway...
  • Like 2

Shit, my bad, was busy on a call and didn't read that properly.  But one thing I learned is that there's always somebody that either didn't see a movie or didn't want to see it.  Imagine my shock when a friend said he hasn't seen "Princess Bride"  Two weeks later we corrected that and he can't believe he went this long without it.

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Any truth to the rumour that the gimmick fell apart when someone in the back gave him a pack of tic-tacs?

Would've been different if he had gum. Unfortunately, Barry hates gum. The only gum he ever liked came with WWF Trading Cards. They stopped making those about 30 years ago...

85t-wwf-wax-pack.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Makes you understand why Corey backtracked him shitting on her on RAW.   Didn't want to get fucked up by his more bad ass and crazy doppleganger

In a related story, you know who my favorite currently active WWE women’s wrestler is? Dana Brooke. I think she’s an excellent professional wrestler. Underrated talent. I hope she does really well for herself and if she gets a chance to really show what she can do, I think she’ll impress a lot of people.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

In a related story, you know who my favorite currently active WWE women’s wrestler is? Dana Brooke. I think she’s an excellent professional wrestler. Underrated talent. I hope she does really well for herself and if she gets a chance to really show what she can do, I think she’ll impress a lot of people.

Are you trying to get Batista’s autograph now?

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Giant man in camo where there is no vegetation. Why didn't he camouflage himself as like the ring canvas or something? 

I get the sense that Barry Windham was dressed as a random fan showing up to a wrestling show in the late 90s.. which is a little too ordinary for a guy as tall as Barry Windham.

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
3 hours ago, nate said:

Must see this.

I was scrolling quickly down the page and thought that said Sable while imagining Cornettes head blowing up like Scanners as he learns that Lesnar will wrestle Sable on TV. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And outside of here Silent Bob is my friend's spirit animal.  He's been dressing as him for Halloween for many years and would seamlessly fit right into what they do.

I have a friend who used to wear a black trenchcoat all the time, one time he dropped by my work with his friend while wearing said trenchcoat and a backwards baseball cap, his friend with long blonde hair was with him wearing a toque (beanie if you're not down with the Canadian lingo) and a co-worker looked at them and went "Oh that's hilarious, you guys dressed up as Jay and Silent Bob!" and they had not intended to do so and things got a little awkward.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Would've been different if he had gum. Unfortunately, Barry hates gum. The only gum he ever liked came with WWF Trading Cards. They stopped making those about 30 years ago...

WWE just signed a 10 million dollar trading card deal last week with some company named Panini. So maybe they can upgrade old pieces of gum to old panini sandwiches?

4 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

WWE just signed a 10 million dollar trading card deal last week with some company named Panini. So maybe they can upgrade old pieces of gum to old panini sandwiches?

Panini is still around?!

They used to sell hockey stickers/sticker books about...oh man...30+ years ago. Oh man...I'm so old...

19 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I noticed a few months ago during a random match on Smackdown that she'd actually turned into a good worker. "Excellent" might be pushing it, but she's definitely improved from the days when she was constantly doing that weird armpit rubbing thing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Nick Khan hasn't  86'ed catering yet? 

I thought they had., IRRC, there was an item in the Observer a while back about WwE canceling their catering contract and talent going to have to get food from the concession areas in the arena. 

56 minutes ago, Raziel said:

That was a different discussion all together from the 80's.

I've been binging OSW, so I immediately heard "It was acceptable in the '80s/ It was acceptable at the tiiiiime ..."

• Like 3