DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

8 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Damn, that's very sad. Trips has gotten a lot of flack in the past, mostly for that reign of terror in the early 00's but I'll be damned if that guy hasn't poured his heart and soul into this business. Hope everything is alright for him, especially with those kids at home.

Honestly, unless I see a clip or listen to a retrospective podcast from the early '00s him being booked as the most dominantly strong heel isn't what I think about when I see him anymore. Him being an executive has really won people over. Even recently, listening to alot of these recently released talents put him over and put into perspective how different he and Shawn as well vision is different from Vince. I hope he recovers well obviously. Knowing how much he loves the business, it would take something really serious to keep him away. Strangely enough, Road Dogg went through a few health scares recently and Return after a month or Two. Hunter is a guy that grew up and was shaped by Mainstream American wrestling so I loved knowing that his taste evolved as he moved more solidly into his executive role becoming a bigger proponent of Indy talent and International talent. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Was that a Vince/company call or just Cena being a weirdo? I don't think I remember reading or hearing anything about it.

Only one of the two is an insecure trailer park bred carny desperate to come across as more high class than he actually is and, as such, uses five dollar words where 25 cent words would do at every single opportunity.  You tell me.  ?

28 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Only one of the two is an insecure trailer park bred carny desperate to come across as more high class than he actually is and, as such, uses five dollar words where 25 cent words would do at every single opportunity.  You tell me.  ?

Trailer park is a banned term on this board. It's "easily accessible mobile home". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Log said:

He was The Stalker.  He needed to sneak up on people.  Hence the shoes.

Giant man in camo where there is no vegetation. Why didn't he camouflage himself as like the ring canvas or something? 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Giant man in camo where there is no vegetation. Why didn't he camouflage himself as like the ring canvas or something? 

That'd be great.  I picture some dude coming out dressed entirely in light blue with his face painted the same color laying really still in the ring until his opponent enters and then he attacks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Log said:

That'd be great.  I picture some dude coming out dressed entirely in light blue with his face painted the same color laying really still in the ring until his opponent enters and then he attacks!

It's way better than the now tired trope of someone hides under the ring during a battle royal until the end.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Peck said:

"Bin Laden has been taken to a local medical facility for further evaluation."

"Osama Bin Laden's remains have been deposited into a local body of water after being compromised to a permanent end by American military personnel."

• Haha 2

I never thought I'd see somebody actually do their version of the ending of "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"  Wonder if he found the troll via moviepoopshoot.com

Boy, this is going to look weird for those that haven't seen the movie.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Makes you understand why Corey backtracked him shitting on her on RAW.   Didn't want to get fucked up by his more bad ass and crazy doppleganger

I will reserve judgements until I hear what the internet troll said. I imagine he had it coming. 

15 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

No, I remember that. I was just wondering if Cena worded it that way himself or if someone suggested it.

New shirt idea:

IIRC from Arn's podcast, the verbiage and the decision to have Cena make the announcement were Vince calls.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Great, now I just HAVE to post this!  Man, I love this movie.

I can't imagine being a wrestler dealing with /this/ fanbase and not fantasizing about doing that on regular

"Did you say that I'm a Johnny Kickpads that only got over because I work more like a gymnast than a wrestler?

"Yeah, and-"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I never thought I'd see somebody actually do their version of the ending of "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"  Wonder if he found the troll via moviepoopshoot.com

Boy, this is going to look weird for those that haven't seen the movie.

Who are those people? I even saw the Reboot recently.

They're Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith who played Jay and Silent Bob, respectively.  Kevin has been quite active on and off screen directing and they had a whole slew of movies that had the same people in them.  If you're curious I'd check out "Clerks", "Mallrats" and "Dogma" then go from there.

And outside of here Silent Bob is my friend's spirit animal.  He's been dressing as him for Halloween for many years and would seamlessly fit right into what they do.