DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

Kang

On 11/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, gatling said:

Meeting Jerry Brisco was an absolute highlight of CWF Legends Fanfest this past weekend.  He's a completely down to earth and kind person.  Somehow, I'm guessing through both of us being in the CWF Archives Facebook group, Jerry sent me a friend request about a year ago and in June wished me a happy birthday.  I told him that it had made my day when he did that.  He said that he felt like if people took the time to be his friend on Facebook or follow on him on Twitter that it was worth his time to say happy birthday or something similar.  While I waited my turn to get a picture and autograph with Jerry and speak to him for a few minutes, Jerry Jarrett wandered over from the other side of the room and they gave each other the biggest hug and talked about how much they both loved and missed Jack and caught up in general for ten minutes or so.  Such a nice, genuine moment.

He's funny on Twitter, I'm glad he has that podcast with JBL. He's one on the guys I never really thought about would be interested in having a podcast or doing a shoot interview but he obviously has some interesting stories just based off him being apart of the Office of Titan let alone his Wrestling career.  I don't expect him to feed nearly as much BS as Bruce or Bischoff. He has less of a reason to make excuses for Vince and company at this point and I don't really see his son getting another chance to get signed,  with his son dating Velvet he'd have a better chance getting a job with AEW

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

And on that day and every day henceforth the practice of bootlegging wrestling tapes was no longer. And they all lived happily ever after, except for Super Dragon, who was miserable that he didn't get to on a murderous cross-country kicking spree on FBI's dime. Due to this, his next opponent did also not live happily ever after, though he survived. The End.

• Haha 3

Here's the earliest Scorpion picture out there, administered by Samson Kutsuwada in December 1972. Honestly, this makes me wonder if it was one of the many moves that Gotch drilled his students with in his infamous "250 holds in 10 minutes (or thereabouts)" sessions, and that the Japanese guys subconsciously recalled it. (I got this from the Showa Puroresu fanzine site, but it wouldn't let me insert the image from a url so I had to host it on imgur.)

Edit: I guess I should've ran that Showa Puroresu page's text for DeepL, because it states exactly that. It also states that Kutsuwada received direct instruction from Gotch during his late sixties stint as a JWA trainer. While the hold being a Gotch invention had already been a theory among Japanese fans, this picture seems to be the smoking gun.
HbJsyYG.jpg

Edited by KinchStalker
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

That's very cool and something I haven't seen before.

The match was great. Like, that wasn't the most impressive part of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1