DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

Kang

26 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Gotta say Honky looks amazing for 68. Also gotta say you have to love a business where a white dude from Tennessee can go through life with the name "Honky" unironically.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

That's probably the best picture I've seen of Honky and the King where you can really see the family resemblance.

Bugsy looks good too, especially since I thought he died years ago. Good on him for still living.

Edited by elizium
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

That's a level of self-awareness I never would've expected from most wrestlers, much less Lex f'n Luger.

Seriously!  Can we get a (non-Conrad) Lex Luger podcast?  I need to hear Lex just talking openly about everything and being self-deprecating.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Sweet counter!  And Inoki did not go up for that shit at all.  I have not watched much Inoki.  Was his work always like that?  Like his version of cooperating was "I won't fight you, but I also won't help."

When puroresufan existed, people said they preferred Inoki over Baba. Can't say he was consistent in how he worked, but Antonio Inoki vs. Tatsumi Fujinami 08.08.1988 in NJPW was good for what it was. Inoki vs Vader 1996 I liked. Inoki vs Tenryu 04.01.1994 is good.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1