DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

Kang

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Burying the lede...  IHOP is the new Cracker Barrel.

there's literally a Cracker Barrel reasonably close to where AEW was on Wednesday (in my home town, I wasn't at the show and I forgot to watch the show).. on checking Google Maps... there's an IHOP closer to the arena. The same road next to the former Independence Events Center includes a Hooters, Culvers, Outback Steakhouse, Carabbas Italian Grill, Kobe Japanese Steak House, bd Mongolian Grill, and a Golden Corral.

So lots of options closer than the Cracker Barrel that's in front of a Home Depot.

for whatever weird reason, Waffle Houses are on 435 to my west and I-70 to my southeast but there aren't any Waffle Houses in my actual city. The Denny's franchisee(s) here have kept Waffle House away. Or maybe it's a thing like how when Churchs and Popeyes were owned by the same company, the Churchs locations would be perceived to be in the poorer areas but Popeyes would be in richer areas.

I've never been to a Cracker Barrel. There's already closer less popular locations with chicken fried steaks around here, why would I drive farther and get a chicken fried steak around a bunch of people? I've been to a Waffle House once for lunch and I overspent. Which is probably not the best time to go to Waffle House.

Oh yeah, the Denny's here had a reputation as a place to hang out all night among some of my HS friends for some reason