DVDVR Message Board

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira (10/30/2021) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Etihad Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

FBTaNoFVgAARZh2.png?1633832199

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira 
October 30, 2021
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Etihad Arena)

UFC Light Heavyweight ChampionshipJan Błachowicz © (205) vs. Glover Teixeira (205) (second defense) - Teixeira, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:02)
Interim UFC Bantamweight Championship: Petr Yan (135) vs. Cory Sandhagen (135) - Yan, DEC (unanimous)
Islam Makhachev (155.5) vs. Dan Hooker (156) - Makhachev, SUB (kimura), R1 (2:25)
Alexander Volkov (263) vs. Marcin Tybura (249) - Volkov, DEC (unanimous)
Jingliang Li (171) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (171) - Chimaev, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:16)
Magomed Ankalaev (205.5) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (205.5) - Ankalaev, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Amanda Ribas (115.5) vs. Virna Jandiroba (116) - Ribas, DEC (unanimous)
Ricardo Ramos (146) vs. Zubaira Tukhugov (146) - Tukhugov, DEC (unanimous)
Albert Duraev (186) vs. Roman Kopylov (186) - Duraev, DEC (unanimous)
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (170.5) vs. Benoît St. Denis (171) - Zaleski dos Santos, DEC (unanimous)
Michał Oleksiejczuk (206) vs. Shamil Gamzatov (206) - Oleksiejczuk, KO (punch), R1 (3:31)
Makwan Amirkhani (146) vs. Lerone Murphy (146) - Murphy, KO (knee), R2 (0:14)
Yaozong Hu (186) vs. Andre Petroski (185.5) - Petroski, SUB (arm triangle choke), R3 (4:46) 
Tagir Ulanbekov (125) vs. Allan Nascimento (126) - Ulanbekov, DEC (split)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Khamzat Chimaev
Performance of the Night: Glover Teixeira
Fight of the Night: Petr Yan vs. Cory Sandhagen

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Almost hard to believe Glover Teixeira is 42 now. The UFC title is the one thing that's eluded him his entire career.

It will continue to elude him.  Jan is gonna go to that ass on Saturday night.

Jingliang Li has respectable KO power but I am not sure he wants to trade with Khamzat Chimaev.  He'd better put that Sambo and BJJ pedigree to good use.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Six fights on a UFC PPV than the five we've had for years. Is this going to become standard?

Since it's a TV card technically, I think it's been formatted that way.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Since it's a TV card technically, I think it's been formatted that way.

This is "free" with an ESPN+ subscription, right? Meanwhile, in Canada, it is a normal PPV followed by a significantly better looking PPV next week that airs at the standard time. I believe these things to be true but could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

This is "free" with an ESPN+ subscription, right? Meanwhile, in Canada, it is a normal PPV followed by a significantly better looking PPV next week that airs at the standard time. I believe these things to be true but could be wrong.

Yep, that would be correct.

Wait a minute, why is UFC 267 being shown at no extra cost? They never do that for the numbered events. Is this just not a strong enough card to charge $70? Or is this more of just a way to get people to buy-in for ESPN+ again?

Edited by TheVileOne

11 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Wait a minute, why is UFC 267 being shown at no extra cost? They never do that for the numbered events. Is this just not a strong enough card to charge $70? Or is this more of just a way to get people to buy-in for ESPN+ again?

UFC 268 is next week.

A UFC numbered show that is on at a relatively decent time for me? Sign me up!

**By relatively, I mean prelims will start at 9:30 pm so to watch the entire show I'd need to stay up until probably 4:00 am assuming a 3.5 hour main card. Decisions, decisions, should I absolutely ruin my Sunday?**

• Like 2

Glover looked like he was in phenomenal shape at the weigh-in but Jan looked like he was so much bigger than Glover was.

I wish I looked as good when I was 42 as Glover does now.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Dammit just realized this will be 2am my time, will need to get in the coffee zone. Don't want to miss this. 

Enjoy! For once a UFC PPV goes out a great time in the UK. 5pm prelims with the main card at 7pm. Usually main cards start at 3am Sunday morning. You have to be hardcore/insane to watch live WWE/AEW/UFC. Respect to those who do.

Edited by The Natural