DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't see the whole show, and couldn't pay attention to some while I had it on (working at the same time), but that main event was big dumb fun with a good ending.

Shiba/Deeb was intense and I felt like it was good for Shiba to get her win, then be taken out by an angry Deeb and missing the rest of the tournament.

Cody's thing was weird.

That's all I got, hoping I can find it on Youtube later to see Punk v. Fish.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SirFozzie said:

Here's why MJF-Darby is not the best feud, despite all the positives. You have one guy who's constantly trying to top himself by saying shocking things about people, and he's fighting someone who you literally don't trust to give four words on challenging his opponent. 

What? Darby just set out to break Max physically after taking out his goons and you wanted him to cut a soliloquy a good 7 minutes into the segment? Darby isn't great on the mic but he doesn't need to be. His sit-down with JR was good. Let MJF carry the talking for this and have Darby win the match, get that Wardlow turn in motion.

• Like 5

Once again, the safest way to achieve a This Is Awesome chant is by giving Serena Deeb 10 minutes on TV.  May she beat this tournament's winner in their first defense.

Mox MURDERING Preston Vance, with A+ mask tearing and A+ artery-hunting on the blade job might just be my squash of the year. I only wish it went longer to see how much more blood woulda come out. Mox bailing immediately was such a mad bad dad move.

Punk/Fish was kinda just there. I saw JPEGMAFIA on my TV so that's cool. This Cody thing only matters if they simmer and simmer it until they make him the most hated man in wrestling. The fan sentiment and wrestler talent is, in fact, there.

Was everything about the main event perfect? I don't fucking know, DARE TO BE ENTERTAINED. I knew where it was going once Stay Puft walked out of the ramp, but that right there was the culmination of decades of CHIKARA/PWG send-the-crowd-home-happy workrate goofy shit, WITH an effectively performed through-line of retributive violence. It's pictures on your TV. It was as entertaining as anything I've seen in ages.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 8

Shida/Deeb was absolute fire. You just do not see limb work on the level of Deeb's by anyone not named Danielson, I thought it was great. Plus the figure 4 on the post, real Bret Hart shit. Shida was excellent here as well, she had one really devestating looking knee shot off the ropes. I want more of these two together badly. I also like that you've got the built in knee injury for Shida to overcome against Nyla or as an excuse to lose to her.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

What? Darby just set out to break Max physically after taking out his goons and you wanted him to cut a soliloquy a good 7 minutes into the segment? Darby isn't great on the mic but he doesn't need to be. His sit-down with JR was good. Let MJF carry the talking for this and have Darby win the match, get that Wardlow turn in motion.

I want more than four words. I want him to say SOMETHING. 

1 minute ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I wonder what Bobby Fish was thinking kicking out after the GTS on the finish?

Whatever he was thinking, I hope it leads to another match between Punk and Fish. I was hoping commentary would pick up that Fish kicked out.

• Like 2

The only downside to that main event was, no Cutler-cam footage to fill out the last 10 minutes of BTE. Other than that, PERFECT.

EDIT: And that version of the Ghostbusters song was a bit WCW.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

My MOTN was Deeb/Shida.  While some matches had obvious conclusions (Punk/Fish, Sammy/Page) this match felt unpredictable in a lot of ways.  Just a really great match where both women came out of it winners IMO.  Curious to see how they approach Shida/Nyla but I really want Deeb to be getting much closer to a title win.

And the main event was all kinds of wonderful.  It was a total comedy match for a while but had just enough action to keep it interesting.  On the one hand I can see how all the interference cheapened DO's win.  But on the other hand that's been the Elite's MO and they got outsmarted.  So it did have a purpose and is yet another sign their reign of terror is coming to an end fairly soon.

EDIT:  Yeah, I know the above posts covered what I said before I had a chance to submit reply.  But fuck it I still loved it.  Oh, and I also loved the fans that dressed up from Chun Li to the guy with the while helmet.  I should know who he's from but my memory fails me.

• Like 6

That's the thing with the Cody stuff that is so funny. Any criticism can be spun as "You're getting worked." I enjoyed it well enough and I look forward to seeing where this goes but I really don't need to see Cody and Black in another singles match. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I want more than four words. I want him to say SOMETHING. 

That’s not Darby’s character. It literally has NEVER been. You’re wanting something out of him that he just simply doesn’t do.

Also, good to see that you’re the first to actually complain about the Elite losing to Dark Order. I’m sure the other one will pop up here soon with some kind of weird complaint about not selling or giving enough to their opponents, or whatever. John Silver pins Matt Jackson and it’s still not enough, go figure ?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Pictures of Wardlow's back:

Reveal hidden contents

It's going to be glorious when Wardlow finally reaches his breaking point with MJF. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened at Full Gear when MJF blames Wardlow for the loss.

• Like 2

Then why would you put him in with one of the best talkers in MJF? I love Darby. I think he has unlimited potential. But something like "You did your best, but I am unbreakable. Now we're going to find out how breakable YOU are, MJF". Just it's a weird mesh.

And I'm the one who said that the Dark Order needed a win because all of the shit the Elite has put them through, but I think a psuedo-comedy match (that was still very good, don't get me wrong) missed an opportunity for the Dark Order to take that next step forward.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's going to be glorious when Wardlow finally reaches his breaking point with MJF. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened at Full Gear when MJF blames Wardlow for the loss.

The build to his turn has been great.  Really great long-term booking of him getting more and more frustrated with MJF.  

I wish Mox/10 had gone longer just so we would have really gotten the visual of the white mask soaked with blood.  God bless Preston Vance for hitting a gusher in a glorified squash.

• Like 2