DVDVR Message Board

Saturday Dynamite - 10/23/2021

3 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Wasn't there a promo on a Rampage with Malakai saying he was moving on from Cody after their 2nd match?  Did I dream that?

I think there was. 

You should write an angry letter to the promotion about that.

Yes, I am suggesting that you send AEW some cross words. 

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Wasn't there a promo on a Rampage with Malakai saying he was moving on from Cody after their 2nd match?  Did I dream that?

Most definitely was. His error was not finishing the job, brother. Yeah, as fast as I was to get back on the Cody train for a couple of weeks, this stunk. 

Just finished watching.  Both Rhodes boys looked awesome tonight because they were in with the two best guys in the company.  Of course, the Danielson match was great- who else past fifty can Danielson wrestle?, but Malakai Black gets wrestler of the night honors,  He is fucking awesome.  The only difference was the heat for the Cody match was fucked up, but from a work standpoint, it was fucking beautiful.  The rest of the show was kinda crappy.  Lance Archer on Twitter just said:

so that's good.  Ruby needs a finisher.  Next week's Dynamite sounds good.  I am stoked about PAC and Black going at it.  I'm guessing Jungle Boy goes over Adam Cole at Full Gear.  Strange episode.

• Like 4

Overall a pretty good show. I will say this AEW always leaves me wanting more.

Big screw up with bras knuxs spot with the camera completely missing Bunny sliding them in...and then Knox's feeble ass being unable to kick them out of the ring

I wonder if doing big spots like cross roads through the table in PIP is intentional to keep people from fast forwarding, even though I liked the match where do we go from here with Cody? a feud with Andrade?

• Like 2

Hahahaha, those transitions from Cody. Takes the springboard moonsault, goes directly on offense. Takes Black Mass, instantly going back on offense and win.... Look at his selling and then look at Dustin. They are WORLDS apart.... 

Speaking of Dustin, that was his best TV match in ages. Maybe decades. 

Sign me up for Fish VS Punk 

Edit: Fuck Cody Rhodes! 

Edited by MoeCristyV.1.6
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I’m out on the Codyverse. Coach TK my man, I get this is supposed to be some sort of meta high art thing where I, as the mark, get mad at Cody (the dude? The character?) because he continues to play babyface regardless of the reaction, because Cody is above you telling him to fix his shit creative. But, dude, you’re the boss and it isn’t working - so like, in real life, tell him to fix his shit creative.

Its so off brand for AEW. Just stop.

No, this is not Shakespearean theatre. This is not ‘meta’. This is not some Beckettian commentary on existentialism. This is a vacant egoist pro wrestler with a huge neck tattoo and dyed blonde hair approaching middle age & living out his ego to the detriment of the company because he was given the platform to do so. Please do not try and intellectualise and give credence to it: call it out for what it is.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

The plan for Archer vs Kingston was clearly for Archer to go for a Moonsault and miss, but the whole 'under-rotate and spike your head into the mat' part was not intentional. 

As far as Jungle Boy vs The Elite, you're supposed to be exasperated that they keep beating him up. It's build to him getting a bigtime win when the odds aren't stacked against him, innit?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1