DVDVR Message Board

Saturday Dynamite - 10/23/2021

Cody v Malakai
Eliminator Tournament: Bryan v Dustin, Kingston v Archer
tbs Tournament: Penelope v Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho
Jungle Boy v Brandon Cutler!

I can't believe they are giving Boy v Cutler away on free TV. First they put Tommy End in the ring instead of having him sit in a dark room, now they are hot-shotting this grudge match. It's like AEW is afraid of making money.

Spoiler

FNbwdI6.jpeg

Oh well. At least they're very very very likely to continue the streak of TV shows with white hot crowds and one or more genuinely great matches. I think Vegas has the over/under for great matches on this show set at 3.5

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Considering how a big chunk of the roster is on a cruise ship today, that's not a weak line-up.

The Road To... video implied that we're getting Lee Moriarty In Action as well.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with anything but apparently Charlotte was told to leave the arena last night at Smackdown and now she’s on her way to Orlando to support Andrade (I guess he’ll be making an appearance during the Cody/Black match, or maybe the Rampage taping after?)

According to Wikipedia, Jericho, Britt, Best Friends (Cassidy, Taylor, Yuta and Stat), Archer and Roberts, Marko, Spears, Hobbs, Starks, Kaz and Daniels, Anna, Dasha, Aubrey and Dean Malenko.

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Bobby Fish vs Anthony Greene added to the card for tonight.

There are a lot of wrestling matches booked for this two hours of television. Not many angles/promos I'm guessing with so many who would normally be slotted for them away on the covid ship.

I'm okay with a wrestling show being heavy on the wrestling.

I mean, the other two hour show that aired yesterday had like four matches and maybe like 20 minutes total in-ring time or something.

• Like 2

Oh shit I hope Archer is OK, that looked absolutely brutal and the improvised ending gave me strong Summerslam 97 vibes.

Also, I couldn’t be the only one thinking that Cody was teasing a Pedigree there at the end, right?

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 3

I'm very much pro AEW but it would take a lot to convince me that the Kingston versus Archer match wasn't garbage and a huge fucking letdown. Otherwise? Great show, especially Dustin calling Bryan a mother fucker to really kick it up a notch. 

• Like 3

I honestly really enjoyed the Cody/Malakai match, but I mean... so, so weird. AEW isn't really one to not listen to the fans, and the fans CLEARLY don't like babyface Cody, so why are we still doing this? This isn't a John Cena situation where it's half and half, it's more like 80/20, IMO.

Anyway - Bobby Fish vs CM Punk? Kris Statlander vs Ruby Soho? Bryan Danielson vs Eddie Kingston? Cabana, Silver, Uno & Grayson vs Super Elite? All of these upcoming matches fucking rock, hell yes.

Archer's moonsault was scary as fuck, I hope he's okay. Pretty obvious that's why the Men of the Year & Lambert/Inner Circle thing went a little too long. I'm assuming it'll turn out to be Ethan Page, Scorpio Sky, Dan Lambert, Junior Dos Santos and ??? (either Masvidal or Arlovski) vs Inner Circle. It almost has to be Masvidal in that match, but I don't know if he'll do that, or even wants to.

• Like 5

Most important part. SRS reported that he walked to the back on his own. 

Cody Codys. Whatever. That match was a mess. I know we're getting a tag and it should be good but I just want these two to move in different directions.

Dragon/Dustin was really smart. Great match. Easy stuff for Bryan. MJF/Stanger segment was great and they are starting the Wardlow turn. Beautiful. They're also starting the Moxley turn. Everything is falling into place. Good Kenny promo too.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3