DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXV - 11/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Watching that Ruthless Aggression Episode, Owens, Cole and Gargano was featured the most out of the current guys. I imagine Owens would get a massive offer to resign. The way talent is getting released, I wouldn't be surprised if he accepted an offer knowing how just about everyone is disposable at this point.

Edited by Ziggy

I can't really tell if the Rock not showing up was a bait and switch or not.  I mean it is obvious to anyone who watched it that they were begging to tell people that he would be there but it isn't like they told he would be.  If you went to the show thinking he would show up then you are as gullible as Vince

Also I would like to think that hyping up Pizza Hut when you are in Brooklyn of all places is an inside joke on the Office classic but I seriously doubt Vince even knows what the Office is.  Plus given how much of a neat freak he is I can't imagine him like any New York pizza given it's excess grease content  

I'm extremely torn on Roman at this point.  I think the whole Head of the Table run has been absolutely incredible and one of the only things worth watching on WWE.....but then on the flip side, is there ever going to be a point where someone gets over on Roman?  I said this in a prior thread that for all of the shit the Bucks/Elite get for standing tall to end every show, I'd argue that Roman/Bloodline are far more frequent have rarely gotten their comeuppance.

At this point, is there anyone realistically built up enough to challenge Roman? let alone take the title?

McIntyre, I guess, but even that at least to me, isn't such a great prospect.  

Returning Lesnar?  

They obviously want to do Roman v the Rock, but would they put the belt on the Rock? or have Roman dominate the Rock and then we're back to "Who challenges him?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

In the spirit of the Ultimate Survivor concept, a Roman/Usos/Nakamura vs Big E/RKBro/Damien Priest champions vs champions match really could be a change from having 4 champions vs champions matches on the same card.

And have the winning brand get number 30 at the Royal Rumble.

2 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm extremely torn on Roman at this point.  I think the whole Head of the Table run has been absolutely incredible and one of the only things worth watching on WWE.....but then on the flip side, is there ever going to be a point where someone gets over on Roman?  I said this in a prior thread that for all of the shit the Bucks/Elite get for standing tall to end every show, I'd argue that Roman/Bloodline are far more frequent have rarely gotten their comeuppance.

At this point, is there anyone realistically built up enough to challenge Roman? let alone take the title?

McIntyre, I guess, but even that at least to me, isn't such a great prospect.  

Returning Lesnar?  

They obviously want to do Roman v the Rock, but would they put the belt on the Rock? or have Roman dominate the Rock and then we're back to "Who challenges him?"

There are plenty who could challenge Roman, one or two who could even beat him, but none of are the people who actually should beat him for the major rub. The issue is they fucked up and fired everyone who this would have worked best with save Big E who they then moved to Raw. I suspect when Roman loses the belt it won't be terribly satisfying though at the same time necessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

There are plenty who could challenge Roman, one or two who could even beat him, but none of are the people who actually should beat him for the major rub. The issue is they fucked up and fired everyone who this would have worked best with save Big E who they then moved to Raw. I suspect when Roman loses the belt it won't be terribly satisfying though at the same time necessary. 

Completely agree on them firing everyone who could've used it.  In another timeline, Keith Lee would've dethroned Roman and gotten the payoff from it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

And have the winning brand get number 30 at the Royal Rumble.

brand vs brand battles are sorta dumb in general, and dumber when overexposed. It's like if Battle of the Network Stars was expected to be a serious deal. They work for the same company, most of the same people watch both shows

A certain amount of the booking is sorta lazy.

So how many firings until they decide to step away from a hard brand split but maybe keep some guys exclusive to a specific show?

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I haven't followed WWE in years... but I would have bet money that a New Day vs Bloodline 6+ month feud would have been gangbusters business wise.

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I haven't followed WWE in years... but I would have bet money that a New Day vs Bloodline 6+ month feud would have been gangbusters business wise.

If they had been smart E would have used MITB to jump on whatever show New Day was on to challenge whatever faction was destroying them at the time.

Reports that a lot of the people in the building expected Rock at the end of the show and were mega bummed when he didn't show.  And based on all the 25th anniversary promotion, tie in with his movie etc. etc. why wouldn't they? 

They never explicitly advertised him, but neither did AEW with Punk.  They did heavily push the 25th anniversary stuff as a selling point.  I can't blame people for feeling bait and switched if they are one of the casual fans in the area who bought tickets last minute (they apparently had a late surge to make it a "sellout") and that was part of the appeal.

They think it builds intrigue for when he does show, but it also pissed a lot of paying customers off

21 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That would've been a great way to introduce the younger Fatu brother into the main roster.

By Andrew Zarian for F4Wonline.com

Sunday's WWE Survivor Series was originally supposed to feature Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. And for anyone watching last night, it was blatantly obvious that was the plan.

In July, I was told that the Brooklyn, New York, pay-per-view would be centered around Johnson. Between heavily promoting his new Red Notice movie on Netflix, the 25th anniversary of his WWE debut that took place in New York City, NBC’s renewal of Young Rock, and the second season of the Ruthless Aggression documentary series, the timing was perfect.

Yet another source informed me that there were hopes for Johnson to be on Monday's Raw, dependent on his schedule. I personally didn’t see this as happening.

In late-September, the same source told me that Johnson would not be on Survivor Series due to his filming schedule and needing to quarantine for travel. However, there was still a financial obligation to continue with the plan for the movie promotion without Johnson which is what we saw last night. The basic concept stayed the same, minus Johnson himself.

Although it was fun taking a trip down memory lane, it felt like WWE was throwing a surprise party for a guest of honor that never arrived.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rock-originally-planned-wwe-survivor-series-appearance-360396

• Haha 1