DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXV - 11/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

In late-September, the same source told me that Johnson would not be on Survivor Series due to his filming schedule and needing to quarantine for travel. However, there was still a financial obligation to continue with the plan for the movie promotion without Johnson which is what we saw last night. The basic concept stayed the same, minus Johnson himself.

Wow, Vince really got worked on that one, didn't he?

• Haha 1

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out Rock was well up to do it, but then changed his mind because he was upset that they released his cousin when she was on a mental health break?

Edited by AxB

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out Rock was well up to do it, but then changed his mind because he was upset that they released his cousin when she was on a mental health break?

I doubt he could have actually made it, but it feels like there is little reason he couldn't have done a satellite appearance so it wouldn't surprise me if Nia's release made it easier to not appear.

Edited by Eivion

On 11/22/2021 at 4:43 AM, The Natural said:

Hope you managed to have a good time, @Phantom Lord though I understand why you regretted getting tickets. Buyers remorse sucks.

Overall it was fun being there. The show just dragged on and on while sitting in the crowd. The pyro was really loud. They use these bombs that go off behind the stage and I just couldn't get used to those going off.

Only things that really annoyed me was Nakamura/Priest on the pre-show and Becky/Charlotte opening the show. Aside from that I enjoyed it. It was amusing how many people in the crowd thought The Rock would be there. People were pissed he didn't show up.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 2:07 PM, Eivion said:

If they had been smart E would have used MITB to jump on whatever show New Day was on to challenge whatever faction was destroying them at the time.

He did jump to RAW where Lashley had previously destroyed Kofi and Woods, it's just that they drafted Kofi and Woods away from him to SD almost immediately after.