DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXV - 11/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Brooklyn got SummerSlam taken away, so now it gets this.  ?  

They did say on Monday it's champs versus champs, so let's see how this goes.

The Card:

WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. WWE Champion Big E

Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs. Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte

United States Champion Damien Priest vs. Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura

Raw Tag Team Champions Rated R-K-Bro vs. Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Bloodline

TEAMS OF FIVE STRIVE TO SURVIVE~!   (This phrase doesn't sound as good in a pandemic!)

Smackdown Men's Team (Drew McIntyre / Jeff Hardy / Xavier Woods / Sheamus / Happy Corbin)  vs.  Raw Men's Team (Seth Rollins / Finn Balor / Kevin Owens / Austin Theory / Bobby Lashley)

Raw Women's Team (Bianca Belair / Rhea Ripley / Liv Morgan / Carmella / Queen Zelina) vs. Smackdown Women's Team (Sasha Banks /  Shayna Baszler / Shotzi / Natalya / Toni Storm)

--

*Theory/Lashley replace the Mysterios.

**Zayn/Aliyah replacements Sheamus/Storm, respectively

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, The Natural said:

Two weeks away from Survivor Series and no matches yet to be announced. Good job It's the only time of year when RAW and Smackdown go head to head!

Maybe they just figure fans are left to piece it together on their own*, plus no 5 on 5 this year.

*I doubt this, given how much the fed likes to spoon-feed narratives to the audience.

• Like 1

The Observer said something about them feeling after they pushed Crown Jewel so hard they need to take a couple weeks to establish the new brand rosters and are going to wait and do a big push for Survivor Series the last couple weeks.

The men's elimination match will pit Raw's Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Rey Mysterio & Dominik Mysterio against SmackDown's Drew McIntyre, Jeff Hardy, Xavier Woods, Sami Zayn & Baron Corbin.

In the women's elimination match, Raw's Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Liv Morgan, Carmella & Zelina Vega will face SmackDown's Sasha Banks, Shayna Baszler, Shotzi, Natalya & Aliyah.

The entire RAW team just joined the RAW side at the Draft

Additionally 3 members of the SDL men's team are new and half of the women in their match are brand new to their side

41 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I saw discussion on him having some non injury illness. 

This is the exact line from the WON

Styles is out of action due to medical reasons which we are told was not an injury

Rey, Dominik and Seth on the same team -- something tells me they won't to see eye-to-eye.

Aliyah ... I mean, good for her, but will the crowd have any idea who she is? It feels like she's being set up to falter. Also unfortunate that Naomi, Toni and Doudrop aren't around.

Why would RAW only use one half of the women's tag champions?

"Oh you two are the best female tag team in the whole world? And we have a huge PPV built on cross-brand tag team matches? I mean... I guess we could find a spot for like... 1 of you? Maybe."

• Haha 1

I feel like Kofi getting "injured" at the hands of Reigns is an easy setup to add more to the story of the Big E/Reigns match (if SDL was an indication of the start of that story)

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is the exact line from the WON

Well, the other comment Meltzer made when he first  reported the story was "he will probably scream about it at some point...."  So I'm guessing AJ doesn't think he needs to sit out.

I'm guessing COVID, but that's just my guess.  WWE was asking talent not to admit they have Covid on social media, but they've been fairly close-mouthed about injuries in general recently.  I don't have any reason to think AJ is an anti-vaxxer, but it wouldn't be a shock to find out that the Southern boy from GA is unvaccinated.  I like AJ a great  deal as a performer. but if he is refusing vaccinations and has Covid for the second time, I'd be wondering if it wasn't time to part ways with him.  Wiki says he is 44 and AJ has claimed his current contract will be his last with the WWE, so he's probably about done with the company one way or another.

That women's 5x5 match at SS looks horrid.  Lol, I'd probably be actively dreading it if I was planning to watch the show.  Fortunately.....

• Like 1