DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Andrade/Pac was really really good until the end, which they fucked up so bad it completely turned me on the match. This unrealistic kickout crap has to stop. 

This is my exact opinion.  Any match that has a top rope brainbuster should end with the top rope brainbuster.  What the fuck else can you do to stop someone that gets up from a top rope brainbuster?  Unless you stab them, shoot them, or use some sort of improvised explosive, I'm not going to buy it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This is my exact opinion.  Any match that has a top rope brainbuster should end with the top rope brainbuster.  What the fuck else can you do to stop someone that gets up from a top rope brainbuster?  Unless you stab them, shoot them, or use some sort of improvised explosive, I'm not going to buy it.  

We're basically all in agreement about this (though I said that the strike exchange should have been before and not after, but the idea is similar). Is there anyone who thinks a top rope brainbuster should not end a match on DVDVR currently? Show of hands? I promise I won't personally publicly shame you. I just want to know.

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We're basically all in agreement about this (though I said that the strike exchange should have been before and not after, but the idea is similar). Is there anyone who thinks a top rope brainbuster should not end a match on DVDVR currently? Show of hands? I promise I won't personally publicly shame you. I just want to know.

Yeah, that strike exchange would have hit even harder if it happened leading up to the top rope, and then the brainbuster could have been the desperation move that it took to finish the match.  It isn't like they had some sort of big idea on how to finish the match after that, they ended it with a stupid roll up.  

8 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Brainbusters should be protected finishers and one off the top rope should be a Burning Hammer situation. 

I've said it around here before, but if picking someone up, turning them upside down, and dropping them on their head isn't a credible finisher, then we don't have any credible finishers.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm still hot about that Pac/Omega ironman match used both a top-rope brainbuster and an underhook piledriver for two counts in, like, the first five minutes of the match.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Well, I remember it was first no-sold by Takaiwa in like 1997, so yeah, it's taken a beating for a while.

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

Aside from the mentioned methods, If a top rope brainbuster wouldn't work, I'd probably go for the 'nads and then, if that didn't work, I'd just run away.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Aside from the mentioned methods, If a top rope brainbuster wouldn't work, I'd probably go for the 'nads and then, if that didn't work, I'd just run away.

at that point its time to bring in a shooter

by which i mean someone carrying a firearm