DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 10/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Andrade and Hobbs need wins, IMO, so it will be interesting to see how the booking shakes out.

I hope that the match between Britt and Anna is competitive, or at least helps to place Tay Conti into the title picture as the next contender.   The babyface field of challengers is pretty small even with the addition of Ruby Soho.

This was taped six days ago, and I've not seen even a hint of spoilers. It's bizarre. Are AEW fans so invested, that they keep their mouths shut rather than spilling for internet points?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Andrade and Hobbs need wins, IMO, so it will be interesting to see how the booking shakes out.

I hope that the match between Britt and Anna is competitive, or at least helps to place Tay Conti into the title picture as the next contender.   The babyface field of challengers is pretty small even with the addition of Ruby Soho.

They seem to be building to OC vs Mox based on the Yuta thing from last week so Hobbs may need to eat one more loss before they start to build him back up.

Hard to say what's going on with Andrade. They seemed to be pushing him towards Flair as his manager and at the least a tweener role before the Dark Side show aired. Now it's back to scheming against the Lucha Bros and Pac.

The small field of babyface challengers is just another reason that Jade shouldn't be the TBS champ right now.

52 minutes ago, AxB said:

This was taped six days ago, and I've not seen even a hint of spoilers. It's bizarre. Are AEW fans so invested, that they keep their mouths shut rather than spilling for internet points?

Oh wow. I thought it was live.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AxB said:

I am 100% aware of the Andrade/PAC result, so the results had to be widely available the night of the taping. People just don't talk about them, I agree, it's such commendable behavior on behalf of the fandom to not discuss the spoilers. Maybe people just don't click them. It seems so backwards compared to what I'm used to.

• Like 2

I think the fact that spoilers (for everything) are so widespread and easily available now, has lead quite a lot of people to start thinking that choosing to go unspoilered actually increases your enjoyment.

I mean, let's face it, they're called Spoilers for a reason. Nobody ever tried to call them Boosters, did they?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Actually, I know how I avoided spoilers. I don't think I've listened to WOR in a week and Dave always spoils that shit. At least lately he and Alvarez have started warning listeners. Before they would just dive right into spoilers.

Three other elements re: Spoilers:

1. AEW announces their matches in advance. This isn't like coming into a Raw or Smackdown and having no idea what the show will be and being curious along those lines.

2. AEW doesn't actually do a ton of story progression, especially on taped shows. You're not going to get a bunch of big angles/debuts/turns generally.

3. A lot of the appeal of AEW then are the actual matches and people find watching matches themselves more enjoyable if you don't know the outcome. So people dodge them more.

• Like 1

I read the spoilers because I'm curious about the results and impatient. If it's there and I'm curious, I'll click. It won't hurt my enjoyment, done it for plenty of big things. I generally avoid openly discussing them a) out of courtesy and because b) the people who are sensitive about spoilers tend to be loud about it and I don't want to be bothered. 

I wish there were Dynamite spoilers for me to read. Looks like a more interesting show. If anyone finds new photos of Tony's notepad, please be sure to tag me. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

11 minutes ago, Jiji said:

So I've not been paying close attention, but is tomorrow's Dynamite live and with the crew not on Jericho's COVID ship? 

Yes. Cody vs Malakai Black 3, Kingston vs Archer in the tournament and so on, are live tomorrow.

Here is the Road To... for this weekend's shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

Three other elements re: Spoilers:

1. AEW announces their matches in advance. This isn't like coming into a Raw or Smackdown and having no idea what the show will be and being curious along those lines.

2. AEW doesn't actually do a ton of story progression, especially on taped shows. You're not going to get a bunch of big angles/debuts/turns generally.

3. A lot of the appeal of AEW then are the actual matches and people find watching matches themselves more enjoyable if you don't know the outcome. So people dodge them more.

regarding #2, they can also film backstage stuff and interviews to do those things and those wouldn't necessarily be widely known until broadcast.

Apparently there were quite a lot of unsold cabins for the Jericho Cruise. But looking at tomorrow's Dynamite line-up, you wouldn't automatically think it was a "Half the roster is booked elsewhere" situation. You'd just think Dustin Rhodes vs Bryan Danielson would probably be a good match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Dave spoiled one of tonight's matches with no warning in the Observer that came out this morning. Which is a little obnoxious.

He's been terrible about that since Rampage started. He doesn't get why it's a big deal. 

12 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I remember being in middle school technology class and thinking the kid next to me reading Smackdown results to me was a genius who’d hacked into the mainframe at Titan Towers. 

wwf-shawn.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

He's been terrible about that since Rampage started. He doesn't get why it's a big deal. 

Yeah but this one was weirdly placed. Like I knew if I read the AEW section the spoiler would be there, so I didn't. But I didn't expect it near the top of the issue.

• Like 1

Well.. Um.. I would feel better if Cody didn't look to the fans before clocking Malakai. It feels like something Arn should say to Cody. "Don't look to the fans. They ain't had that damn Mist in their eyes. They ain't had their head kicked nearly clean off. It's gotta come from YOU!"

(although the fans were surprisingly positive for the Cody save)

• Like 2