DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 10/21/21: BFG Go Home Show

Good final build for BFG, especially looking forward to Deonna/Mickie. Main event should be great as well. Loved having Christian back in Impact while it's lasted. Ending to the opener was super obvious as soon as the ref bump, as I thought the Good Brothers' promos had already alluded to having a 3 way at BFG. Always great to see RD Evans. Hopefully BFG delivers another good one. 

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: W. Morrissey def. Jake Something (6:33) after a big boot

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 21, 2021 from Nashville, TN

*Bullet Club (Chris Bey & Hikuleo) vs. FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) went to a double pin draw in a #1 contenders match (8:28) when after a ref bump led to a 2nd ref, Juice rolled up Hikuleo while Bey rolled up Finlay and each ref counted a pin.

*John Skyler & Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb with a K) def. Fallah Bahh & Jordynne Grace and Crazzy Steve & Chelsea Green (5:43) when Tenille pinned Fallah after the Spotlight Kick

*Rhino came to the ring. Heath came to the ring to try to get through to him. Violent by Design (Eric Young, Deaner, & Joe Doering) interrupted. Heath & Young argued over Rhino. Heath ended up shoving Young so Deaner & Doering attacked Heath until Rhino pulled Deaner off. Young urged Rhino to Gore Heath but Rhino instead left the ring and walked off through the crowd. Heath tried to fight back but was beat back down by VBD. Young broke the VBD Flag over Heath's back and buried him under the flag.

*Mickie James def. Savannah Evans (w/ Tasha Steelz) (7:29) after the Mickie-DDT. After the match, Deonna Purrazzo distracted Mickie, allowing Matthew Rehwoldt to lay her out.

*Trey Miguel def. Alex Zayne (12:25) after Meteora. After the match, Steve Maclin attacked Trey until the Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Chris Bey, & Hikuleo) came down and took out both Maclin and Trey.

*Josh Alexander came to the ring to cut a promo about headlining Bound for Glory and said he's doing it for his sons. Christian Cage interrupted and went over his accomplishments but said he doesn't think Josh has it in him. Josh compared the two of them as guys considered tag guys who couldn't win the big ones, so they had something to prove. Josh remarked that Christian would never be the face of Impact as long as he was taking checks from a billionaire in another company. They both argued that they are the best in the world and ended up in a brawl that was separated by security along with members of the roster.

Edited by DreamBroken

54 minutes out of 3 hours.  Man, W Morrissey isn't very good.  Jake Something couldn't save that match.  Chris Bey is so awesome.  The finish of that match was preposterously dopey.  James/Evans was fine.  Savannah Evans needed to beat on her more.  The Trey Miguel/Alex Zayne match was a fun attempt to match the pure wrestling that AEW has been showboating lately.  I LOVED that front flip into a rana by Alex Zayne.  I have never seen that before.  Every thing else- meh.

• Like 1

I've got Real Person TV for the first time in awhile and poked my head in to check out a match or two. The double pinfall nonsense in the opener was synchronized really well and totally worked for me. Chris Bey should generate a minor bidding war between AEW and WWE whenever he becomes a free agent.

• Like 1