DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 54: Costa vs. Vettori (10/23/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

246068361_10159712744081276_185548094135\

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 54: Costa vs. Vettori 
October 23, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Paulo Henrique Costa (204.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (204) - Vettori, DEC (unanimous)
Grant Dawson (156) vs. Rick Glenn (155.5) - DRAW (majority)
Jessica-Rose Clark (135.5) vs. Joselyne Edwards (134.5) - Clark, DEC (unanimous)
Alex Caceres (146) vs. Seung Woo Choi (145.5) - Caceres, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:31)
Dwight Grant (170) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (169.5) - Trinaldo, DEC (split)
Nicolae Negumereanu (204.5) vs. Isaac Villanueva (205) - Negumereanu, TKO (strikes), R1 (1:18)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Jun Yong Park (185.5) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (185.5) - Rodrigues, TKO (strikes), R2 (3:13)
David Onama (153.5) vs. Mason Jones (156) - Jones, DEC (unanimous)
Tabatha Ricci (115) vs. Maria Oliveira (115) - Ricci, DEC (unanimous)
Jamie Pickett (184.5) vs. Laureano Staropoli (185.5) - Pickett, DEC (unanimous)
Khama Worthy (155) vs. Jai Herbert (155) - Herbert, TKO (strikes), R1 (2:47)
Jeff Molina (125) vs. Daniel Lacerda (125) - Molina, TKO (punches), R2 (0:46)
Lívia Renata Souza (115) vs. Randa Markos (115) - Markos, DEC
Jonathan Martinez (135) vs. Zviad Lazishvili (135) - Martinez, DEC

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Alex Caceres
Performance of the Night: Marvin Vettori
Fight of the Night: Jun Yong Park vs. Gregory Rodrigues

UFC needs to just cut their losses and get rid of Costa.  His humiliating loss to Adesanya exposed holes in more than just Costa's fight game and that's the only blemish on his record.  Imagine what a blubbering man-child he will devolve into if he loses to Vettori?

I hope Vettori wins only to hear what excuses Costa will offer in defeat.  Well, I got drunk the night before and I've been fighting on a pulled hamstring... Oh, and my dog died during training and I was in mourning.  That's why I couldn't make weight.... twice...

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Can you imagine how good Costa would be if he wasn't gassed by the end of round 1? He still throws with power and his chin is granite. Both these guys are so tough. Damn, man.

edit: to Bisping's point, maybe don't have fighters cut weight? It's dangerous and weakens fighters. Costa is the "heel" here but weight cutting is dog shit.

Edited by Jiji

There were several fights on this card where the question is, "Can the person who has controlled the first two rounds or majority of the fight survive the final round?". Vettori survived some murderous shots to the body. He ate like 6 or 7 hard body shots and also 5 or 6 kicks right to the body in round 5. He is gonna be hurting tomorrow.